Author Topic: OOC - Mirror: The Bonds Would Break... aka Manethander - Adventure Action - OOC  (Read 31394 times)

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
Alan - are any Osoerdean units present for the Manethander expedition aside from the Knights I brought myself?  I'm not clear on what's actually made it there.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
I have 2 units of crack knights and 2 units of mounted armsmen (crack also).

All are under the command of Tristan.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Former players
  • Regent
Ok, good, they made it.  Niels, add to the reserve another Veteran Knight unit - my own contribution.

Offline X-Roesone/SG (Shido)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
  • Count Saender Ghoried
I'm in doubt whether Roesonian units will accept outlaw Tristan Belamie as a commander or not - just wondering.
(I bet they've trouble with the SM too, but they were told to accept her ...)
Count Saender Ghoried
Crown Regent of Roesone
First councillor of the Spider River Traders
Royal guild of Roesone

• Former players
  • Regent
I'm in doubt whether Roesonian units will accept outlaw Tristan Belamie as a commander or not - just wondering.
(I bet they've trouble with the SM too, but they were told to accept her ...)

Feel free to cause trouble, then. ;)  That's half the fun, after all.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Cool. Half the regent (Drago, SM, TrB & Pontiff try do something with the not yet dead vampire like getting informations) and the other half want it dead right away (LPA, Petg & Elinie) and so kill it before anything can be learned.

What can be learned though is the leadership does not agree. It is however intentionally that I have not posted anything to oppose you three  8)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
All it would take is one utterance from the vampire, along the lines of "Do as we agreed!" - To any one of the persons present. And instantly distrust among us would soar.

But yes, among its lies might also be a clue we could have used. We must go without, or divine from its ashes.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Sovereign
If Bjørn really wanted to do that he could have done back when it was captured by Drago, or later when Bellamie chained it.. or when oh I could go on. You know Niels while you think you have a point one could also say that 3 regents are afraid of what the Vampire will say and the rest are not.. so who what regents are in league with the shadow.. what will the soldiers think? :P
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
"I would also urge you to forbid many of the regents personal guards.  Instead, you, the pontiff, and Auxiliary Patriarch Tanar, can select the 2 strongest paladins, 2 of Avanlae, 2 of the All-Father and 2 of the Stormlord.  Let them be our guards.  Anymore than this, Patriarch and they will become a liability.  The Grey Duke favors tactics of subversion, chaos and terror - any more than 15 is a liability that cannot be mitigated," he says.

Oh yes will you not give me an excuse for NOT entering the tomb? "We was there armed and ready. I had brought all I could but our help where not wished. As guests in their land we respected their wish and left the task to be done by the lords of Elinie and those whose help where welcome"

Then I can live out IC how the Pontiff is sadly to get delayed when dealing with the plea for help from LPA in regard to conversion performed by MOC lately. Given that LPA has publicly denounced the Pontiff latest with the killing of the vampire Wallac is not too happy with LPA  ::)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Kasper, keep the OOC OOC and don't mix in IC threats or "leads" to what you will do if you don't get your way IC.

I'm beginning to wonder why the IHH bothered to come, but frankly, as long as you stay IC, you can do whatever you want.

I'll let the other regents make their points in the adventure thread, and if anyone mails me privately thats taking place in the 1 hour pause before Rashid wishes to pick the final team to go.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Sovereign
Niels I concur mixing OoC with IC threats is not advisable.

In this case it was not intended as a threat but to state what I at the moment of writing found to be obvious. Reading it again this morning I find it less so.

I think we can do the OoC detailed explanations later if ever but in this case I did IC live out what I intended to be the reaction to Wallacs perceptions of the arrogance he  and others has been met with from RiD, LPA & EL (in the eyes of Wallac that is).

It was intended to be something that was to be perceived as so with our without OoC (the OoC merely to ensure not to be misunderstood)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:18:00 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
I have to say, I've received similar letters with OOC threats added and it's not endearing.
I understand the need to convey frustration, but doing it OOC as an addendum to what is otherwise rather neutral IC talk doesn't really help.

When the Pontiff for example sends me a polite (yet stern) reprimand in a letter, only to have you add "I am very close to burning down your temples" as an OOC text in the bottom, what am I to do with that information? I can't act on it IC - thus I have to ignore your comment, or I would be meta-gaming. (In that particular case, I took it as one of those cases where the 'send'-button was pressed before rereading the text.)

If you want people to know that the Pontiff is pissed, state it. If you want to have him shaking with barely contained anger, yet smile coldly, state that. But giving a bland and neutral statement IC, only to back it up with an ooc-statement is not the way to go. This just proves the point that it can be very hard for people to gauge the intent of someone through the written word - especially if you keep the Switzerland-attitude :).

- Thorsten

P.S.
I think your post in the conclave where the IHH-representative (William?) yelled and frothed was brilliant. There was no doubt as to his immediate feelings there.

• Sovereign
Thorsten I concur with you.

Understand this though; strange as it may be to some of you I read english almost as my native tongue danish but writting or speaking in an alltogether different matter and often I have to make quite an effort to express my intent and failing to use the time needed to live up to the high quality of posts made on the board I more often than I like find myself writing a post where I have not spend the long time needed (for me that is) to make it clear and carry my intend.

Thus I sometimes add an OoC to the IC to make my intent clear but it is optional to read the OoC and to even care about it.

But ofcause it is not my intent to make a threat OoC - it may be to make a threat IC and THEN make my intent more clear by IC. I think in this case I failed some though NOT acting to something which clearly was something that the Pontiff had a strong oppinion to (as being to being corrected publically by the triumvirat about the Vampire). I guess I should have made an IC post as reply a long this "The Pontiff does not reply to LPA bla bla"

• Former players
  • Regent
The army divisions look ok to me.  Baron Bellamie will support that arrangement.

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
both regiments from Ilien are skilled
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.