Other Games > Anathema

Dark Omega - A Warhammer 40k novel (editors/proofreaders wanted)

(1/3) > >>

DM B:
As you might (or not) be aware I'm writing a 40k novel. More specifically a Dark Heresque (fun word!) novel. It's fan-faction, so it will only be available in a digital format.

I originally intended for it to be a rather long book, but I recently decided to split in two. Two relatively short novels (80-85k words) instead of one longish. I decided to do this not least because of logistics - I tend to get stuck endlessly reworking bits and pieces of the first half rather than completing the second. So splitting it story in half makes sense; otherwise it would take ages before I'm done. Were it a 'real' novel (i.e. I would actually have time to write and get paid for my troubles) I would still have preferred for it to be one volume, but wishes and fishes and all that.

The novel is pretty much done. Only some tweaking require to make it stand on its own now that its been split in half. I'm guessing about two weeks and I'll be done with the final draft. Leaving December for editing and proofreading and a launch this side of 2014.

So where do you come in? I'm looking for editors and proofreaders to have a go at it. Any feedback - from spelling errors via poor grammar to errors and inconsistencies - is highly appreciated.

I cannot offer much on terms of compensation; a honourable mention is all. For Anathema players I can also offer some stat points as compensation; 1 point for a worthwhile effort, possibly more (3 tops) if you really help make it better.

If you're interested, please chime into this thread and state what you can contribute with.

Ohlaak (Alan):
I can help proofread, Bjorn. I actually did a bit of this in my heyday (my parents are professors and believe in child-labor and family bonding time)

DM B:
And DONE! The draft is finally DONE!!!

Ahahahahahahaha!!!

Dragon Lord:
Sorry Bjorn, I've read the first 12 chapters you posted up at Dark Reign, but I'm deep in writing my PhD thesis at the moment, so I don't have any time for more proof-reading!

DM B:

--- Quote from: Dragon Lord on November 20, 2013, 01:26:47 AM ---Sorry Bjorn, I've read the first 12 chapters you posted up at Dark Reign, but I'm deep in writing my PhD thesis at the moment, so I don't have any time for more proof-reading!

--- End quote ---

NP! You've already given me a valuable bit of feedback; re. how Interrogator Marcus appears. He now comes across as more secure and competent, while still remaining somewhat young and cocky. He also gets more screen time so to speak so we get to know him better. Overall a great improvement IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version