RoE Development > RG v.3.5 draft editing

Chapter 6: Armies & Warfare

(1/4) > >>

DM B:
Editors should be pleased to know that Chapter 6 is almost done. Would have tomorrow if I hadn't fallen ill. Grrr.

It contains nothing really new in the sens that this is the way wars have been conducted in RoE. It is new in the sense that for the first time its coherently written down and share with the players.

But since everything from Warfare and out is pretty new it will probably require greater effort to edit than other parts of the RG.

DM B:
Chapter 6 will receive a pretty big overhaul. A lot of the nitty-gitty stuff will be moved into a War appendix. The revised chapter 6 will focus on mothly war moves, regiment-sized units (about 1000 men) and a much simplified way of resolving battles.

The war appendix will keep all the good stuff we already have - detailed units, weekly moves, alternative battle resolution etc.

The 'new' system will be toted as the default for larger games/PbeMs will the appendix system will be reccomended for smaller/PnP games. With suggestions of how to use some or all of the detailed rules for larger games.

I'll also add a lot more sidebars to explain how stuff works.

The goal is simple: Wars should not be on a whole different magntitude of complexity, nor should they slow turn resolution to a crawl and make the DM grow grey hairs.

X-Osoerde (Alan):
I thought you liked the grey hairs because they make you look distinguished.

DM B:

--- Quote from: Osoerde/William Osoer (Alan) on October 05, 2012, 07:07:36 PM ---I thought you liked the grey hairs because they make you look distinguished.

--- End quote ---

I now have grey spots in my stubble - a small circle on each side of the chin (which is very manly btw)

X-Osoerde (Alan):
Hey Bjorn, do your changes to armies mean that I won't need to detail 100+ units or to track them?  If so, I would be appreciative. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version