Author Topic: Mhoried Look Here:  (Read 4145 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Mhoried Look Here:
« on: May 28, 2010, 12:14:29 PM »
Hello

I can understand the Mhor player has been switched?

Mhoried has a defensive alliance with Elinie.

The Osoerdans have crossed into Mhoried. There has been a battle in Balteruine between the Mhor and the Archduke.

WM 5 begins.

Elinie can't begin to act on this until we receive notification that its going on. Just a heads up...

Also, why on earth is Osoerde and Mhoried fighting?

Mhoried makes a crossing of border chasing goblins, this pisses off Osoerde, but letting it provoke War? - Aren't both regents LG?  :o
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
Re: Mhoried Look Here:
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
Hi,

I'll take over Mhoried from next turn. I do not have any information about the realm yet; I assume it's DM ran until turn 67 is resolved.

As to why they are fighting? No bloody clue, but I'd like to test some battle spells before switching from Regie to Mhor  8) A pity none invited me to the party!

His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »
Could be the Grey Duke that mindfucks one or both. But it is certainly not a good time they chose to pick a fight  :o
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
We have all gone mad and we are stabbing each other in the dark!
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:22:04 PM »
Mhoried makes a crossing of border chasing goblins, this pisses off Osoerde, but letting it provoke War? - Aren't both regents LG?  :o

Oh, just wait.  Bjorn is evil and it is a very good story.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
Heh,

no spoilers!

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 06:17:30 PM »
Also, why on earth is Osoerde and Mhoried fighting?

Lawful Good means many things, but it doesn't mean 'nice', 'agreeable', 'lacking a temper', 'non-manipulable', 'peaceful', or 'automatically friendly/approving towards other LGs'.  Or life would be a LOT simpler.  ::)

Also, YES PLEASE let's make sure people taking over new roles know all their treaties/agreements/understandings.  Sorting that out later is beyond annoying, as Alan, Niels, and I can attest.  :o

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »
As ever in war and deception there are many possible people who may have wanted war between Osoerde and Mhoried, a few suggestions of people who will be considered the 'obvious' guilty parties and their 'motive'.

* Osoerde.  Punishes Mhoried for supporting Elenie in the war of the brothers Dauota, Gets a chance to claim a few provinces while other locals are distracted by the Grey Duke, serves his master the Grey Duke by stopping Mhoried from aiding Elenie.

* Mhoried.  Draws Osoerde into a war away from Osoerde’s base to punish it for interference in the Wyld war, gets a chance to claim Morcosoer.

* The new 'king' of Mhoried.  Gets to slaughter much of the internal opposition, consolidate his position at the outset by showing a clear external threat, maybe even gets to expand his new realm.

* Elenie.  Forces Mhoried into a full confrontation with Osoerde, Gets a chance to ally with Osoerde against Mhoried/vice versa, gets a chance to weaken an aggressive Osoerde/Mhoried and snip off a province or two, aids his vampire master by distracting two potential foes.

* Tornilen/Ghieste/Coeranys/Roseone.  Weakens an aggressive Osoerde, gets a chance to snip off a province or two, get out of an onerous agreement, or win an agreement on favourable terms.

* Alamie/Cariele.  Weakens an aggressive Mhoried, gets a chance to snip off a province or two, get out of an onerous agreement, or win a favourable one. Serves their vampire master.

* Grey Duke, distracts two foes, gets a chance to turn wrathful foes to Shadow.

* LPA.  Gets to humble an over-proud patriarch or replace them with a more subservient pawn, Gets a chance to expand into Osoerde should Elenie do well.

* HA.  Punishes an ungrateful Marquis, hostile ArchDuke or weakens an over-strong Mhor, possible gets to make Mhoried a holy land where church and land are one.

* MOC.  War, sublime war!  Gets a chance to claim Bhalaene as a holy land.

* HoA.  Forments discord between Mhoried and Osoerde making it easier to claim Morcosoer at a later date

etc, etc.

All of course have excuses of varying degree, but someone is bound to consider each of them as guilty even if they don't dare say it.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »
I think my reputation is tarnished and I haven't even backstabbed anyone yet!

But true, that was a nice analysis.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »
Well, Robhan would be mad as hell at being accused of the stuff I wrote on HA - but there will be some who accuse him in their hearts if not to his face (assuming he survives the coup by the Mhor-king).

btw.  My internet is v. spotty, apologies to all if I'm absent / write badly / etc.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
As ever in war and deception there are many possible people who may have wanted war between Osoerde and Mhoried, a few suggestions of people who will be considered the 'obvious' guilty parties and their 'motive'.

* Osoerde.  Punishes Mhoried for supporting Elenie in the war of the brothers Dauota, Gets a chance to claim a few provinces while other locals are distracted by the Grey Duke, serves his master the Grey Duke by stopping Mhoried from aiding Elenie.

* Mhoried.  Draws Osoerde into a war away from Osoerde’s base to punish it for interference in the Wyld war, gets a chance to claim Morcosoer.

* The new 'king' of Mhoried.  Gets to slaughter much of the internal opposition, consolidate his position at the outset by showing a clear external threat, maybe even gets to expand his new realm.

* Elenie.  Forces Mhoried into a full confrontation with Osoerde, Gets a chance to ally with Osoerde against Mhoried/vice versa, gets a chance to weaken an aggressive Osoerde/Mhoried and snip off a province or two, aids his vampire master by distracting two potential foes.

* Tornilen/Ghieste/Coeranys/Roseone.  Weakens an aggressive Osoerde, gets a chance to snip off a province or two, get out of an onerous agreement, or win an agreement on favourable terms.

* Alamie/Cariele.  Weakens an aggressive Mhoried, gets a chance to snip off a province or two, get out of an onerous agreement, or win a favourable one. Serves their vampire master.

* Grey Duke, distracts two foes, gets a chance to turn wrathful foes to Shadow.

* LPA.  Gets to humble an over-proud patriarch or replace them with a more subservient pawn, Gets a chance to expand into Osoerde should Elenie do well.

* HA.  Punishes an ungrateful Marquis, hostile ArchDuke or weakens an over-strong Mhor, possible gets to make Mhoried a holy land where church and land are one.

* MOC.  War, sublime war!  Gets a chance to claim Bhalaene as a holy land.

* HoA.  Forments discord between Mhoried and Osoerde making it easier to claim Morcosoer at a later date

etc, etc.

All of course have excuses of varying degree, but someone is bound to consider each of them as guilty even if they don't dare say it.

God the list could continue for pages...

Don't forget --

This could be a Diemen plot, to weaken Osoerde, Elinie and Mhoried and make them ripe for the taking.