Author Topic: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 47658 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »
True. I gather the reason he did not make his escape earlier was because alone in the Shadow World could mean certain dead - I thought he had wanted o much to believe he was not discovered that he would stay.

I was wrong  :P
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »
Ah yes, well if he's an accomplished assassin, assume he has an exit strategy.
Personally, I would have rained fire and brimstone on him, and worried about getting the answers later (nobles have that advantage  ;)).

But that's easy to say with hindsight... I liked the discussion you guys had (and I like Mark's descriptions of the guvernors action... he's warming up to me)

• Sovereign
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
And I was working on a post where Lachlan runned the show by his illusions. Been doing so for an hour or so. Had been planning for this all day. Now it is deleted  :'(

Guess that will teach me not to stop and ask questions to the DM and instead just
act.

But that's easy to say with hindsight... I liked the discussion you guys had (and I like Mark's descriptions of the guvernors action... he's warming up to me)

Indeed the Governor is cool  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:54:42 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »
perhaps we should give ETN & EOM a chance to decide how they respond - going along with the spearhead, forcemarching with Wallac and his men, moving north but not running or simply move south

Bjørns keyboard must be smoking. I stay as close to the action as possible
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:15:24 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
Ah yes, well if he's an accomplished assassin, assume he has an exit strategy.
Personally, I would have rained fire and brimstone on him, and worried about getting the answers later (nobles have that advantage  ;)).

Let's just hope the Governor survives his most recent decision.   ;D

Its a bit rash but he's quite peeved that the assassin slipped away, and mostly because he let the assassin slip away.  In fact he really wanted to just grab him and question (re: torture the hell out of) immediately but he figured Wallace and Marie might have some problems with that.

In fact he figured Wallace and Marie might have some problems with torturing someone period never mind torturing someone the Governor was 'pretty sure' was the assassin.  The only reason why he bothered with the plan to catch the assassin in the act was because he didn't want to deal with any moral objections from the good Pontiff.

He is more angry at himself than anyone else - because he should know better.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
Well you could just have grabbed him and dealt with the clergery.

When it comes to assassins Wallac is not soft in any way. And hey guys - torture was the  most important investigation tool in the middleage- often the only one  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:24:51 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Sovereign
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »
Mark now is as god a time as any to come up with another clever plan; We are in for a real treat it seems.

I knew something nasty would happen should we split up and even move north but for Wallacs history and Royces murder he could not leave you all to your own destiny.

Now it seems he will instead share your destiny; a morsel for a Shadow creature lol

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »
The gears are turning... the gears are turning
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »
Click. You brought torches. Should have thought of that. Keep them comming!

Eh meaning both the torches and the ideas  ;)

• Sovereign
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 10:03:31 PM »
Ohh I guess I should hold back a little; not that I want to  :-\

• Sovereign
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 10:24:49 PM »
OOC: Im somewhat confused now. How many groups are there? And who is where? Anyway Maire and her people prefer to be with the largest group and desirably stay near the village waiting for others to return if that is an option.

OOC: There is only one group now, you've all banded together again after finding the dead assassin.

Sorry but it seems we unintentionally dragged you into the mess as well - and for us it seems - a good thing since you maneged to bring some divine light with you

I hope you see it through

• Sovereign
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
OOC: DM going to bed :)

As will I. I'll probably not have time to check out the forum before tommorow afternoon (GMT+1).

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »
What about fire elemental? Can Haelyn priest call it? It can provide light as well as fire attack (provided it doesn't set forest afire with its mere existence). I think Nesirie's priests can call water elementals, but they wouldn't be particularly useful :)

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »
Try a Lantern Archon or five.

• Sovereign
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
I dont see a Haelyn priest calling upon a fire elemental - if I am mistaken in this I would like to be corrected.

Haelyn's portfolio is Courage, justice, chivalry, rulership, war. Oh well maybee Courage could call for fire elemental but somehow it feel wrong in my guts though the idea has merit