Author Topic: Re: Conclave special session during S&C  (Read 25492 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Conclave special session during S&C
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 01:18:07 AM »
True but I can testify to you have not the upperhand as Pontiff. Ofcause WIT as pontiff now means IHH leave CoT and not just Wallac resigning
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 03:49:48 AM »
Kasper, not only have you never held the upper hand, you probably never will.  Nonetheless, that doesn't mean you won't ultimately WIN.

In RoE, nothing worthwhile is won easily.  You will have to work for it, stay focused, and ultimately persevere to reach your goals.

• Sovereign
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 07:00:42 AM »
Huh?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 09:40:51 AM »
Translation:

"Kasper, du har aldrig haft fordelen, og vil sikkert heller aldrig få den. Ikke desto mindre betyder det ikke at du ikke kan vinde i sidste ende.

Intet er letkøbt eller vundet i RoE. Du skal arbejde for det, være fokuseret, og holde ud til det sidste for at nå dine mål."

I do believe Gray just caught the essence of RoE. If you think you're in trouble, you're probably doing something right  ;D

• Sovereign
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »
Reason not to have ETN run next Grand Conclave; the below moved from the CoT thread as per "request" of LPA  ;)

[OOC: Because ETN have been without a player the two last seasons and just recently a player joined and having not yet participated in this wonderfull duel of wits; what a wonderfull task to be thrown into; taming the beasts of the CoT lol!]

• Sovereign
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »
OOC: STOP THE OOC CRAP!! TAKE IT TO THE OOC BOARD!!

"I concur with the High Hierophant. Though I have other concerns as well, I do not want Anuire to believe that through the murder of a pontiff, the mantle of Pontiff shall pass easily from Haelynite-to-Haelynite or from Tradition-to-Tradition.  This is only a precusor to events which we shall not desire for the CoT."

The LPA votes aye to the coming Grand Conclave.

OOC: I am not sure I understand what you mean regarding the mantle of pontiff. The High Hierophant expressed a wish that ETN held the chair during the comming Grand Conclave. Please help me understand

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »
OoC crap deleted. The Dragon looks forward to seeing another player get gobbled up.

But seriously, I think it's a great way of getting into the game. That doesn't mean anyone shouldn't use this for the greatest political effect possible.

• Sovereign
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »
Regardless of our difference in oppinion lets try to wrap this one up real quick and reduce the amount of chit chat arguing etc. The session was started late by me as I thought the structure of CoT would be changed further than is just did and so hoped to save time not debating based on wrong facts. Well it was not and now with the shit hitting the fan reppeatedly we are running out of time.

lets smarten up and have it over and done with; Or Dm's perhaps give us a little extra time since Jon did enjoy himself so much as WIT having harrased Wallac over the last couple of months and having great fun  ;)

• Sovereign
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
OoC crap deleted. The Dragon looks forward to seeing another player get gobbled up.

But seriously, I think it's a great way of getting into the game. That doesn't mean anyone shouldn't use this for the greatest political effect possible.

Jon seriously its a shockstart and believe me had I known what holding Pontiffs office meant, or just a tenth of it I had passed when offered IHH. I did not even knew there was a CoT let alone I was Pontiff; what fool I was. I have some fun since then though

• Sovereign
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2009, 02:20:45 PM »

That is all very well but since I could not remove my post I changed the OOC to something entirely different IC. You deleted that and not OOC ???

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »
Don't blame me! I don't look when I'm eating...

• Sovereign
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
How am I to handle tithe to CoT in my upcomming DO? I assume I stop paying 6 GB since I am no longer Pontiff. Whats more I know not yet if troop upkeep instead of tithe is acceptable; I guess the trend is everyone pays as they want to or not only depending on their own honor - at least that what Andy indicated and seems also to be a big part of the reason I got some key temples rallied against me.

In short how do we handle CoT dragging out with no decision being made?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2009, 09:49:44 PM »
The OoC isn't really the place to asking this question.

Do it IC, since technically - even if you may not want to - the IHH still holds the Pontifficate and are responsible for all questions of tithe.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »
I had Caelan make the point on 'pay as your honour dictates' deliberately to avoid the ongoing wars Kasper got.

Face it, the WIT consider themselves above us all, and no Pontiff will ever make them pay their fair share or do anything they don't want to do as they see themselves as the only real 'Pontiff' with everyone else just a pretender keeping their seat warm - frankly short of starting a holy war and killing the Arch Prelate (don't tempt me, he's theoretically a vague ally) the Pontiff's role is going to be a nightmare with them around for anyone.

So Robhan's view is 'pay at least half, pay the rest if you have any respect for the Conclave.  He's hoping that if he gets lumbered with the job then even the WIT won't whine over 3 lousy GB.

Of course, the fun will be when the Avan vs Boeruine war hots up, and the WIT starts getting some interesting choices on who to support - can the rest of us help break up the dominance of the north-west?  Can we convince Brandon "bloodtheft" Boer to see the Arch Prelate as closer to the Avan family than the Green Knight?  (People further than the GN being fairly irrelevant in the scheme of things as I doubt that Brandon is going to kill that particular Avan...)

The Conclave is one of the more active threads, and one of the louder ones, but its obviously been hell on Kasper.

Hmm, I need to check my budget, see how much closer to bankruptcy I'll get if I get stuck with it.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Sovereign
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »
but if, as the Arch Prelate alleges, while Pontiff, Wallac Isiliviere demanded the right to direct the internal dealings of the Western Imperial Temple, ordered them to open or close temples, reassigned staff under the Arch Prelate's charge, spent of the WITs treasury, or similar matters to justify the accusations made, then clearly we have misjudged him.  Pray bring such evidence before us Arch Prelate that we might see the attempts of dominance that you have declared.

Lets avoid any confusion OOC at least. Wallac have never demanded the right to direct the internal dealings of WIT, ordered them to open or close temples, reassigned staff. It may be that Jon IC as WIT have claimed Wallac has done so but reality is he have not; not to WIT nor to anyone else