Author Topic: MIRROR - Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen  (Read 31289 times)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Re: MIRROR - Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
Did Kaven not allready loose a toe in Ilien?

And now another part of his body goes missing. Perhaps its time to start looking for means of regeneration?

Oh sod off!  :D

He'll get a reputation as the Maimed Knight in a while... The Maimed Knight of Medoere... does have a nice ring to it, even though it perhaps isn't a positive nickname  ;D

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »
The Maimed knight eh? I like it!

Estevan Daulton the Green Knight
 Ser Guy de Nichaleir the Red Knight
 Duchess Anasatie Daulton the Grey Knight
 Baron Kaven Enlien the Maimed Knight.

Now all we need is a round table and a King.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2009, 03:17:14 PM »
Did the Sword Mage just accept a marriage proposal??

Rashid is drifting closer to hear what going on, sending dagger eyes to the blundering Pontiff who seems determined to bluster about and set the agenda.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »
Battlefield ProposalTM, its a required proficiency for Cuiraecenite paladins :D

Oh, and if you thought the proposal was bloody, wait till you see the wedding... if you dare attend ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:25:35 PM by Roesone/ARR (Robert) »
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
The wedding can take place in the Spider Fell while we pay back the goblins for their bloody raids  ;D
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »
If it's anything like the weddings of George R.R. Martins books, I'd rather take on the Gnolls of Mieres again... alone  ::)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Nah, its cool. Randy already did the Martin's Red Wedding in BR Night of Fire with a great many casualties (and it also included Sword Mage though not as bride hehe) so I'm pretty sure Bjorn will think of something on an even larger scale, probably a demon or dragon or some such :D
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »
Now all we need is a round table and a King.

I happily accept your nominations.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
Guess I am Mordred then!  :D
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
I'll be Lancelot.  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
I'll take the role of "the bard who survives it all and hands the story down."  Since I don't recall many of the other folks surviving, and most of those spent the rest of their lives in shame.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2009, 10:14:15 PM »
Let me put this as simply as I can.
The Swordmage isn't a Duchess, by virtue that noone has acknowledged her claim to that title....

I expect that there some sort of 'speak now or forever hold your peace' bit in most coronations - if he'd challenged when she claimed power he'd be fine to send in a heavy - by allowing her to claim the rank he implicitly recognises it - as does everyone else. (Including Robhan).  Not knowing how long she's been 'duchess' makes it a bit hard to comment, but since the duel is about the recent insult, not the rank, ignoring the rank in the duel opens rather nasty floodgates.

As for all the rest? Well Tshalen is an old man, so he's well in his rights to be represented by a champion - especially since he's the challenged party. The Swordmage could have changed the composition of the duel's contents if she wanted to, but let's face it - she's a bloody Vos! They haven't read the code duello, they just kill people they don't like!

Which is what is really bugging Robhan - the swordmage - a Vos upstart for Haelyn's sake - is the one showing courage and honour while the Haelynite knight is sneaking around plotting, scheming and plotting murder.  Gahh!  Incidentally I didn't realise that Tshalen was an old guy, and don't see Tshalen as the challenged - he definitely issued the insult, so is the challenger by many standards (it's too easy to start this sort of slaughter if you can goad someone into a duel and then lcaim to be the wronged party but then rules vary by culture...)

As for all the rest, you've hit the nail on the head. Apart from the bit about "the man's sister". The Swordmage helped defeat the Eyeless One, perhaps the most horrible entity in all Anuire after the Gorgon. She's a worthy opponent by any standard.

Robhan's been told women are worthy as warriors many times, he was still pounded for years by 4 elder brothers in a into thinking of them as soft sweet little things to be protected.  I never said he was right, just how he saw it - now if the Green Knight had challenged her to a duel of sorcery / divine faith vs sorcery, Robhan would have been far happier - but to pick a sword fight with someone half his size?  It's hard to see it as something other than bullying - and frankly Vos/goblin behaviour - I'm bigger, so I'm right - and to hell with honour.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Sovereign
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »
Interesting post you made there Andy
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »
There are several assumptions made there, that I believe you are wrong in, Andy.

First of, an insult does not warrant a challenge at all. If that was the way, noone would dare say anything, because people could choose to take insult at even a mispercieved slight and then suddenly you'd have a duel on your hand with the insulted part choosing time and weapons.

Imagine the Green Knight turning to you, after you just congratulated him on a victory and state "You said what about my mother? Insult! Duel on swords tomorrow at noon!" It might be exaggerating, but it might also not. If you consider an insult a challenge, I have the first 4-5 duels I need to deal with. Take it to the realm-levels: Would you consider going to war, if the OIT called the Haelyn's Aegis "stuffed up pretenders"? It's an insult...

As it it, you can use insults as the baron did here, to pick a fight. The Swordmage could have shrugged and left. Had she done so, the Baron would just have come of as a hotheaded man and most would have scoffed at his bad manners... as it is, the Swordmage challenged him, assuming that he would back down, or that she could easily beat the elderly man. She issued the actual challenge, and by doing so became the aggressor and fell in the barons trap with both legs and eyes wide shut (as Alex put it). It was a brilliant move... and though Kaven does NOT appreciate the way things happened, it did happen by the book.

Secondly, the only group who have recognized her as a duchess (to my knowledge), is the temples... but since they aren't a secular power, they might have influence in the matter, but no final say. If you held a council between the gathered nobility at the moment, my guess is, that the Swordmage would be officially stripped of her "title" (though it'd probably be a challenge to actual sieze anything from her.)

Thirdly, she's a reputed sorceress and warrior (heck it's pretty recent that people discovered she was a female, right? Or is that just RoE II canon?). When she challenges someone, they usually have something to fear.

• Sovereign
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2009, 11:16:39 PM »
'there is nothing for us in this city being seeing to the Patriarch's wounds, and honest men need our aid at home where honour and law yet remain'.  With that he turns and leaves.

It would probably not be too well received if HA left before the special session of CoT speaking these words. The basis for quite some misunderstandings (?)  ;D

Ofcause HA have not announced they will be present at the session