Author Topic: PS Roesone  (Read 11689 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
PS Roesone
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:24 PM »
OK, this one leaves something to be desired. I hope Robert will take some time updating it. I have to speed on to the next one; so I'm concentrating on assets and agendas.

Uploaded.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Re: PS Roesone
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
A question about the Isilvieres. Its says in the PS that the old Baron (meaning Teried, I assume) promoted them to the rank of margraves. Is that your addition and thus canon for RoE II or is it a leftover from RoE I? PS Roesone does list them as loyal vassals of Roesone so it makes/made sense at the time.  I was told that the Isilvieres were evicted from Roesone on account of some treachery, only to be retaken when Roesone acquired Ghoeran provinces after the war.

Basically, if what I mentioned is correct, they owe their noble title to Roesone.. sweet :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »
A question about the Isilvieres. Its says in the PS that the old Baron (meaning Teried, I assume) promoted them to the rank of margraves. Is that your addition and thus canon for RoE II or is it a leftover from RoE I? PS Roesone does list them as loyal vassals of Roesone so it makes/made sense at the time.  I was told that the Isilvieres were evicted from Roesone on account of some treachery, only to be retaken when Roesone acquired Ghoeran provinces after the war.

Basically, if what I mentioned is correct, they owe their noble title to Roesone.. sweet :)

Teried made them Margraves (with special jurisdiction over the northern three provinces) - at the expense of House Bellamie (who were Margraves of the North until they were implicated in yet another plot).

Then House Isilviere was stripped of all rank following their trafficking with the enemy during the war (a lot of the nobles got kicked around then). That was when Marlae abdicated in favor of ARR. Leaving no margraves in Roesone, only counts.

The Isilvieres then managed to marry into a Ghoeran house, and ended up as the margraves of Bheline and Danaroene.

Makes sense?
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
Yup, thanks. I'm slowly working on updating the PS and I needed to sort this out first :) So, they kept their titles after the war.... which means that they pledged their lands of Bheline and Danaroene to Roesone... Exquisite :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »
Those provinces were turned over to Roesone as part of the peace treaty and dissolution of Kingdom of Ghoere.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 12:50:13 AM »
Of course, but the mere fact that the Isilvieres are still there means that they had to bend knee and accept that they hold Bheline and Danaroene from the crown of Roesone. That's how it works in feudal societies or what an investiture spell does in BR  ;)

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 09:54:13 AM »
Junior members of the family replacing the old ones?  Cousins who 'saw the light' and re-pledged loyalty to their true ruler - or the same corrupt old bunch who so easily forgot their vows of loyalty before...

Not that nobles are anything like as noble and honourable as they like to say anyway...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
I'd say the same old bunch (since its the "new generation" that messed up everything), but now that they're "back in" the system they're subject to confiscation in case of disloyalty ;)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:43:58 AM »
I will enhance the PS of Roesone once I'm done with the rest of the domains.

I think I had a little mental lapse when I did it, and the quality of the work isn't in line with the imporatnce of the domain.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
I was giving it some thought but I've had new chapters of my personal drama play out so I got kind of sidetracked :(

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »
I was giving it some thought but I've had new chapters of my personal drama play out so I got kind of sidetracked :(

You focus on dram and I'll redo the PS; what's a few more pages when you've written hundreds (literally)?

:o
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »
The Roesonean family tree needs some updating (everyone's listed in relation to Marlae and Aruvor's missing).

Also, I'd like to know the age of the fabled and "most wanted" widow Coriel as well as if some other families have daughters of marrying age (if its not too much trouble).

It says that SASI, SRT and PCE form the guilder council. What about BC, are they excluded (and thus taxable  8))?

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
From BR Wiki:

Proudglaive: Proudglaive is a city of ten thousand citizens. Proudglaive is also a port city, located on the deep Spider River, and even large ocean-going vessels can be seen tied up at its wharves. Michael Agnelie is the city’s lord mayor, although he reports to the castellan in nearby Blacktower Castle.

Proudglaive lies on the farthest point of the Spider River that is navigable by ocean-going vessels, and many docks and wharves line the riverfront. The meat, produce, wool and leather of the local farmlands find their market here. With a budding middle class, Proudglaive also offers services of craftsmen and experts not found in other parts of the barony.

Is this true for RoE? Not that I'd start with an already built port in Caercas (I'm not munchkiing), but that it would be possible to build one there?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:10:06 PM by Roesone/ARR (Robert) »

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »
Ah now, that looks like an advisory matter. Perhaps a research action.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »
LOL, I doubt I'd need to ask an adviser whether there are ocean going ships parked under my castle and if there are wharves there. I'm not too old to look through the window of Blackgate Castle :D