RoE Development > RoE PbeM Whiteboard

Design diary

<< < (2/2)

DM B:
Overview of expected province growth for Roesone:

Abbatuor (to lvl 4) - Abbatuor is probably the province closest to gaining a level, but unless the Baron is prepared to expend resources improving the port and expanding the town of Abbadiel, it will nevertheless take several years.

Bellam (to lvl 6) - The Count of Bellam has shown that he is willing to use the resources of the BC to expand his fiefdom, so Bellam might well grown before Fairfield does. but unless the Count were to realize his dreams of becoming a baron and ruling several provinces (making Bellam a baronial capital), an actual increase in level is far away.

Edlin and Duelin (to lvl 5) - Both provinces will slowly - but surely - advance to level 5, as more land is put under cultivation and the towns grow in size and productivity. Since no ruler is likely to spend extra resources improving these provinces, and advance in level is many years away.

Fairfield (to lvl 6) - Fairfield will cotinue to grow, but lacking a count with special resources it will take time. The only special characteristic of Fairfield is its central location and the roads that pass through the province...which really isn't enough to expect a level increase anytime soon.

Caercas (to lvl 7) - Roesone is a young and prosperous realm, but is a far cry from becoming a major power. Unless Roesone expands or otherwise gains in power, Caercas is unlikely to advance in level for the foreseeable future.

Ghoried (to lvl 5) - Ghoried has just imporved to lvl 4, so another increase in level is a long way of. The province also suffers from slightly unfavorable terrain and the danger of raids from the Spiderfell might also slow growth. If the wealthy Count Ghoried were to spend a lot of resources improving the province, this might speed thing up a bit.

DM B:
Grace period - Not many remember this, but when we started RoE there was a 4 turn "grace period". Players (and NPCs) were banned from starting any major wars or generally doing something monumental. This allowed everyone a smooth start...even players who took a turn or two to get going.

This my intentions with regards to the start of RoE II:

Turn 60.5 - To keep you occupied and of my back  :) But also intended to see what players are actually going to play - or not.
Turn 61 - I suggest you rule some vacant holdings, sende a few dispatches to your most important relations etc.
Turn 62 - With the S&C we should hopefully see loads of IC communication, perhaps even a few diplomatic deals
Turn 63/64 - Two quiet turns where you can rule some more and perhaps act on those events that have cropped up so far.
Turn 65+ General mayhem  ::)

X-Roesone/ARR (Robert):
Question about province growth. Since it is now abstracted, is there still a benefit to using "rule province" action?

In the example of Abbatour, were I to construct a port would I still need to use the "rule province" action to "expand the town of Abbadiel" or would that be a another construction action (housing projects for example)?

DM B:

--- Quote from: Roesone/ARR (Robert) on December 17, 2008, 04:01:02 PM ---Question about province growth. Since it is now abstracted, is there still a benefit to using "rule province" action?

In the example of Abbatour, were I to construct a port would I still need to use the "rule province" action to "expand the town of Abbadiel" or would that be a another construction action (housing projects for example)?

--- End quote ---

You would still use Rule Province. But you won't know how much you have to spend. Ask you advisers, they might have some info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version