Author Topic: Turn #67 - Living vs. Manethander in Elinie (Grey Hills)  (Read 31650 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Turn #67 - Living vs. Manethander in Elinie (Grey Hills)
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2010, 09:13:27 PM »
The Ogre is entirely dead, his body crushed by the falling colossus. A colossus that isn't destroyed as much as it is immobilized by it's own weight. It needs help and care if it is to rise and fight again.

Dawn breaks. Real dawn. The sun...you are in the daylight world again!

The Patriarch and his band arrives.

Soldiers clear the rocks before the entrance to the giant's crypt - they find no trace of the men and women that entered.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
Raenwe stalked the field looking for retreating foes, those not quite dead enough yet, and the remainder of his command.  "Where the hell is Seb?  The lazy bastard was supposed to be following me when I charged the ArchDuke?  I'll have his bloody hide for malingering so 'elp me."  "I think he has fair excuse sir" claimed Bryon patiently, "I saw him borne over yon cliff by a vampire, Borric is looking for him now sir." Raenwe cursed and stomped over to the cliff, "well?  Is he dead Borric?"  Borric shook his head, "looks like his cloak caught on a rock sir, he's hanging half way down."  Raenwe snorted and looked down, "not good enough Bry, make a note, if he gets whomped by the first vampire who pansies along flapping his cloak again I'll have him on a charge." Bryon sighed slowly, "indeed sir, sets a bad example to the regular's, I'll make your rules clear to him sir." "Too right you will, now get him up while I go find us a keg of beer and we'll have a drink to Tarren and Rob."  Smiling broadly Bryon set about lowering a rope to the stunned templar while Raenwe stomped off, that was their captain Raenwe, toughest standards, toughest man, but a heart of gold.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04:03 AM »
As the Pontiff returns to the daylight world and take the last step up the stairs he falls to his knees and give thanks to HAELYN. The Book of Law has been recovered and the Grey Duke defeated which is good.

The Book of Law however is bruised by the encounter with the Sun Sword. ´Now the book itself is saved but broken. Calling upon all his love and devotion to Haelyn, remembering the sacrifices made by soldiers and heroes alike, by the dead and the survivors, Wallac want to make it whole again. He ask his Lord for a miracle. HAELYN help your servant and mend the Book of Law so your faithfulls can rejoice from its blessed existence and new copies being made ussing the original [something between mending cleric lvl 0 and miracle cleric level 9]
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
Gaerred approaches the Pontiff, his face is heavy.

"Your Holiness, I fear that while that is a Book of Laws, it probably is not be the Book of Laws," he says.

"Yet, there is more...I think we should gather the other Lords, your Holiness while you confirm whether that is the Book of Laws," he says.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:16:12 AM by LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray) »

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »
"How can we know for sure?"

"Is there a dating in the cover or something similar?"
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2010, 01:23:17 AM »
"How can we know for sure?"

"Is there a dating in the cover or something similar?"

"It can be divined easily, Patriarch." Gaerred says.

"Everything about this bothers me, Patriarch," he says.

"How can the Grey Duke establish a magical domain which stretches all the way to the Averline Chapel, yet be unable to leave his tomb?"  He says.

"Why is it that Grey Duke, a sorceror of supposed skill purported to be able to take over the sanctity of minds, animate forests to fight for him, summon creatures amongst other feats, yet wield so little magic in his defense?" He continues.

"Furthermore, did it appear to you that he was preparing to break free from his tomb?  I saw no trappings of magic or necessary components, nothing which would suggest he was attempting break from his bondage.  In fact, it was quite the opposite - I saw someone looking for the opportunity to get his jailers to free him."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:35:53 AM by LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »
As the Pontiff returns to the daylight world and take the last step up the stairs he falls to his knees and give thanks to HAELYN. The Book of Law has been recovered and the Grey Duke defeated which is good.

The Book of Law however is bruised by the encounter with the Sun Sword. ´Now the book itself is saved but broken. Calling upon all his love and devotion to Haelyn, remembering the sacrifices made by soldiers and heroes alike, by the dead and the survivors, Wallac want to make it whole again. He ask his Lord for a miracle. HAELYN help your servant and mend the Book of Law so your faithfulls can rejoice from its blessed existence and new copies being made ussing the original [something between mending cleric lvl 0 and miracle cleric level 9]

The book is hardly destroyed - just a bit damaged. Stabbed one and partially burned, most around the edges, but also where the Sun Sword pierced it. But no, Haelyn grants no miracle - he's concerned with the books of mortals, not even this one.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »
Kaleiman: I would not be able to tell one Book of Laws from another. The original book has been locked away in Aerele for many years. I doubt that anyone but the senior clergy of the OIT has ever even seen it. Before now that is.

As for the Grey Duke's magic...judging from this battle...the merging of shadow and light, dream and reality...the dead rising...the turning of Tshalen's army to his cause...the summoning of the denizens of the Shadow World...I'd say he was quite active. But I will grant you this; he did not seem at all like his was preparing a ritual to break free. Granted, there are still two weeks until the Eve of the Dead...but I must concur with Gaerred - there are things here we do not fully understand."
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »
In more game-mechanical terms you also need to decide what to do with the troops.

WM 11 starts now so you could still move them a bit. Staying up here in the Grey Hills camping in winter isn't such a great idea.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2010, 12:08:06 PM »
The Patriarch suggests returning to the main campsite in Mholien, then let the troops celebrate a bit there, in the camp, before they can dissipate back to their respective destinations. - No foraging.

He is also very concerned that his sister has not shown up! - Not even among the dead.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:31 PM »
Someone bright suggest that since she was seen entering the giants' crypt she might have remained in the Shadow World somehow when the rest of you crossed back over.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2010, 12:42:33 PM »
The Swordmage agrees to lead the army back to Mholien as her last duty as commander. She finishes her remaining duties efficiently.

Some troops are put to work raising the colossus. Troops from Tornilen are made to transport the body of Drago Tanar, as an honor guard. The corpse of the Ogre is carried by the colossus, to be brought back to Tornilen so his body and head can be mounted upon Caer Tornilen.

Prisoners are taken, interrogated by whatever means until they tell all they can. The Swordmage just follows other's lead and does her job, not really any independent initiatives. She does it well enough, but she does not really care about all this.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
The book is hardly destroyed - just a bit damaged. Stabbed one and partially burned, most around the edges, but also where the Sun Sword pierced it. But no, Haelyn grants no miracle - he's concerned with the books of mortals, not even this one.
[OoC: I assume you mean "he's not concerned.." ]

Kaleiman: I would not be able to tell one Book of Laws from another. The original book has been locked away in Aerele for many years. I doubt that anyone but the senior clergy of the OIT has ever even seen it. Before now that is.

Send a dispatch to OIT informing them that a Book of Law was taken from the Grey Duke - and that they are invited to send some one to estblish wether or not is indeed THE Book of Law that was stolen. If it is the true copy it is to be given back to OIT.

Finding the dead body of Archbishop of Roesone Saraen Bellamie he is to be taken back for burial in Roesone and precautions to prevent his bedoy decomposing is taken (magic I assume). Burials of the dead takes place with proper rituals; All dead of IHH is taken care of by surviving IHH soldiers and the rituals done by Wallac and Rogal.

[OoC: How far can my Dragons and mounted Armsmen reach before season ends?]

IHH would like to move towards Roesone as soon as possible and at speed 4. Recover all their dead soldiers equipment (Armor, weapon mounts etc and bring it back for new recruits). Pay full upkeep for food etc.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »
Prisoners are taken, interrogated by whatever means until they tell all they can. The Swordmage just follows other's lead and does her job, not really any independent initiatives. She does it well enough, but she does not really care about all this.

The remaining men of Tshalen's forces are taken into custody - heavily armed and watchful custody - by the forces of Osoerde.  Until the Archduke decides their fate, they are considered traitors to the realm and extremely dangerous.

Bellamie, should he learn of Rashida's disappearance, will advise the Patriarch that the Shadow World will be in great turmoil here for some time to come.  The deaths of so many, the powerful magics over the dead that were used, the merging of the Shadow and Daylight Worlds, and the transfer of the curse of Manethander will all cast it into confusion.  In addition, the Fey King will undoubtably have taken this chance to extend his own influence over this region, restoring part of his domain.  What all this might mean for the vanished Elineans, he cannot say, but he believes they might have a better chance at surviving for some time than they usually would.  And should they meet with the Fey King's forces, he might well strike a bargain with them to return them to this side.  Rashid should not consider them lost.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Tristan would hear of it, indeed Rashid suggests tearing through and looking for the missing people.

After the priests have repeated that the veil is not to be torn open willynilly, he accepts that with Rashida there, the survivors at least has better chances than without her.