Author Topic: Old players, new game  (Read 6688 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Old players, new game
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
I've decided to allow players of RoE to take up the same domain in RoE II if they so desire...pending approval in each case.

Robert: This means you can continue your streak as the HA if you want to...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Re: Old players, new game
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:07:31 AM »
One thing you haven't told us, Bjorn. Would you prefer the old players accustomed to the specific ruleset of RoE to take up the more powerful domains which might be a bit daunting to players unfamiliar with this particular PBEM? If Brandon doesn't return to reclaim Osoerde and (as you said) Evan won't be taking Diemed, for example?

While we're at it, will Jon play a realm? I'm pretty sure he'd do great separating his role as DM with that of a player/regent.
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »
One thing you haven't told us, Bjorn. Would you prefer the old players accustomed to the specific ruleset of RoE to take up the more powerful domains which might be a bit daunting to players unfamiliar with this particular PBEM? If Brandon doesn't return to reclaim Osoerde and (as you said) Evan won't be taking Diemed, for example?

While we're at it, will Jon play a realm? I'm pretty sure he'd do great separating his role as DM with that of a player/regent.

No special preferences there - I just need those big domains taken by dedicated and skilled players. I already KNOW that some of the old players are exactly that, but if a new player can convince me he's right for the job, that would eb fine too.

Jon won't be playing, only DMing. Even will hopefully BE playing, but not as Diemed.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:27:53 AM »
We do have a few old players continuing with their old domains, but most elected to switch to a new one:

Bellam & BC - Bobby
Medoere & RCS - Thorsten
Regien - Wiktor
TBM - Jared

I expect them to do a good job this time around; as long as they remember that this is a new game, and don't get too focused on every little detail that took place years ago.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Kalle)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
And i did not

Im still playing MS

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity