Author Topic: Agendas in RoE II  (Read 6019 times)

Offline X-Aerenwe/TS (Miloš)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
    • timeKraft
Re: Agendas in RoE II
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »
Agenda report from probably the only player to ever get eliminated from RoE :)

Major agenda
Reforge the Kingdom of Aerenwe. House Swordwraith must reclaim the power and prestige of Queen Liliene’s reign.
Rule (directly or through vassals) all provinces in Aerenwe (including Eastmarch). AND Rule all law in Aerenwe (except in Erebannien provinces where you must rule half or more law).
AND
Control at least a castle (5) in each of Calrie, Dhoenel, and Halried.
AND
Have a stability of +2 or better.
AND
Have prosperous or better stability in the provinces of Calrie, Dhoenel, and Halried.

Was slowly working towards this. Not fast enough obviously.

Minor agendas
Justice must be served to the Traitor of Dhoenel – Tristan Bellamie
You (or some other party thay you are working with), must capture TrB, try him, and have him executed for his treason.

Was working towards this, too, as much as possible. In the end it seemed to be within reach, then it all fell apart.

Deal with the resurgent Aeren bloodline in an appropriate faishion.
Examples include ensuring that all Aeren scions are killed or divested of their bloodlines, or that they somehoe foreswear all claims on Aerenwe before the Conclave.

Not sure, but I think Maire Cwyllmie had renounced the claim at some point.

Reopen the Erebannien for settlement and exploitation. It is time that the people of Aerenwe reap the boons the land has to offer – not longer should it be the right of the Wardens to do as they wish.

I intended to alter this one to upholding High Warden Lasarus' reforms which allowed half effect of elven province rules in the Erebannien. Never had the time to do it.

Also planned to add minor agendas to claim Caelcorwynn and turn Calrie into exotic trade centre by forging trade ties with the east.
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
By the Grace of Haelyn and Nesirie,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,
Protector and High Warden of the Erebannien

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 01:22:25 AM »
I seem to think my agendas were fairly obvious.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »
Here were mine.  I like to think I had made good progress towards all of them.   I knew who I needed to push the Major over the finish line and was going to work towards that.  I have to say the most enjoyable part for me was watching my (and on other player's) plan take on a life of it's own and scramble to still make it profitable.

Major agenda

The sovereign Duchy of Mieres – it is time that Mieres become a true kingdom, not just a second-rate colonial province.
[Rule (directly or through vassals) all provinces in Mieres. AND Maintain a stability of +1 or better. AND Maintain a prosperity of content or better in all province you rule. AND Change domain alignment to any non-chaotic and non-evil. AND Gain recognition as an Anuirean duchy.]

Minor agendas

Work towards uniting the diverse law holding of Mieres.  [You must rule at least a law (1) in all Mieran province of lvl 1+. AND You must ruler more total law holdings than all other regents combined (in Mieres)].

Establish a permanent foothold on the mainland. [You must rule either 5 levels of law/manor holdings or 10 levels of guild/trade holdings or a combination of the two (law/manor count double); all holdings must be in South Coast or Heartlands.]

Naval power – become a major naval power once more  [Increase your fleet to include a minimum of 6 galleases and 6 galleys, minimum experience of veteran. AND Gain control of another port province with a castle 4 or better.]
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 02:34:56 AM »
I will find the exact language at some point.

Major Agenda - Control of all Ghoere through either vassal or directly.  William might be a Duke, but Charles is a King, etc.

PC Commentary: I purposefully made a lot noise at the heartlands and Ghoere, but ultimately was choose to ignore Ghoere (broadly).  After Osoerde was controlled for a few turns by a shade of William (from the Shadow World), I realized that there was an extreme potential threat from the north (I thought it had to do with the HoA), and that I couldn't go after Ghoere per se without drawing all of Anuire into a war which would have served to weaken Anuire unduly (at the time).  So I had to figure out a way to achieve this goal in spirit, if not by the letter and keep with WO's alignment.  Hence, I started looking to how I might make Charles a 'King' as it were.  This is what prompted my shift toward the east and why Morcoser (PS - Brandon, have I ever told you how much I likethat name?) was given up.  Instead, I focused on making the Chimaeron a vassal, and then would have focused on Rohrmarch (I will get to Kiergaard in a minute).  Rohrmarch has two Kings, one of which Alaric didn't have heirs (the other is a complete prick)- I was hoping to make Charles the Heir after unifying the realm.  Eventually, I hoped to have Osoerde, Coeranys, Chimaeron, and Rohrmarch at least 'unified' as it were - incidentally, this was going fairly well (or rather as well as could be expected).

I would have further solidified by adding Sendoure, Wallac had kinda of given me a prefect reason to bring it under Anuirean dominion again, i.e. his utter stupidity. 

The Aerenwe fiasco was a surprise to WO (or would have been had he known the full extent of it - this will be explained a little below) though it would have 'helped' Osoerde (to a degree).  I have been trying to figure out a way to turn the fall of House Bellamie into a minor agenda (without using all the OOC knowledge I know about that realm and the circumstances around it), and the way to do that, I thought, was to give it enough rope to hang itself.  Yet, each time, I thought he had pulled the noose tightly, I realized that it wasn't really enough for WO, IC.  Eventually, we had delved deep enough that we were effectively accomplices (of sorts).  With that being said, the chances of one of the Swordwraith children, not taking the throne, while William and, more importantly, Marlae, were alive was 0%.  The reasons were primarily character-based.  Marlae actually really loved her brother, Caemed and William, truly respected him and the life of honor (IHH-style) he filled his life with.  Additionally, Marlae and Tristan have a strong...dislike...for one another.  PS - Milo I was not expecting that your time playing the Aerenwe domain was 'over' per se.  I was going to press for a regency council.

Minor Agendas were not important with the exception of one regarding the alignment of the domain.

I am not sure if people noticed this, but Osoerde the domain and WO did not share the same alignment.  I spent most of the game attempting to navigate how to realistically change the alignment of the domain without breaking the domain or regent, as it were.  Osoerde at the start was CN, while WO was LG (WO was very flawed, but at his core, good and if not desiring the best for all, desiring what at minimum could be achieved).  This played out in a series of ways that I actually found very difficult to play well IC.  I had to constantly think about how the domain as a whole would react, vs how WO would react and trying to navigate the turmoil within this.  I eventually came to the convention that Marlae would primarily represent the CN domain (eventually move to LN) while WO would remain more aloof and enigmatic from the domain.  This was very hard to do and I had extreme difficultly in doing it well often.

Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 03:34:06 AM »
Major Agenda of Bellam - Essentially, to become a sovereign lord with no vassalage to anyone, ruling at least 4 provinces.
Unwritten Agenda of Bellam - DESTROY SWORDWRAITH!!!!!

This is a little complicated.  Back in RoE 1, Brandon basically threatened/strongarmed me into choosing to side with Osoerde during the war with Aerenwe.  Tristan, using the power of the Eye of the Serpent, a powerful dark artifact he'd awakened, compelled Aerenwe troops to 'assassinate' him, giving him the excuse to turn his coat.  This began (continued, really) a long, DEEP hatred between Swordwraith and Bellamie. 

By RoE 2, I'd decided to start really playing up the fact that Tristan wasn't wrapped terribly tightly anymore.  One way I did that was deciding that he'd been claiming Swordwraith was responsible for the assassination attempt for so long, he'd come to believe it himself.  He simultaneously treasured the memory of casting the blame on her AND blamed her for betraying and trying to murder him.  As such, seeing her brought down really consumed him.  Taking control of Aerenwe also seemed like one of my best shots at my main Agenda - Tristan was NOT well-liked by the other Barons of Osoerde, so trying to achieve independence within Osoerde seemed like a great way to get my head cut off.  And since Swordwraith would want me dead forever anyways, it wasn't like I could piss her off any further.  Once she angered one of her vassals enough to turn him against her, I figured I had my chance.  I misunderstood Bjorn at some CRUCIAL moments, though, and kicked the rebellion off too early believing that my patsy was going to act with me or without me.  I had plans to try and salvage things, but it wasn't looking great when the game ended.  I figured I'd survive fine, but my dreams of ruling Aerenwe were getting thin.  I had plans, although not certain ones, for how to force Osoerde to recognize or at least accept me (finding and killing/controlling the last of the Swordwraith children was a necessity), and I had some secrets that Osoer would not like getting out that might've worked to push on him, but NONE of my plans ever anticipated Ghoerean AND Avanil armies arriving in AERENWE to interfere!  Oi....

Minor Agenda - get Dhoenel back.  Would have come with Aerenwe if I'd won.
Minor Agenda - depose House Isilviere.  Osoer ruined that plan systematically.  Tristan was getting pretty pissed about that.
Minor Agenda - Improve my Guild Holdings.  Working on it, but honestly, I found it way more boring than my other plans.  Oh, well.

I was also working up some Agendas having to do with fighting the Shadow's plans in Anuire.  Again, this is complicated.

One of the parts I got a real kick out of was that Tristan had been gaining power from several dark sources - he'd been empowered by the Eye of the Serpent and trained by a powerful wizard of both Shadow an Daylight magic, the son of the paladin over in the west, in Boer's lands.  He was a master of Shadow Magic, effectively a level 11 sorcerer with it.  Since several of his levels were as a Shadow Adept, he had power over the Shadow World's Seeming, over creatures of the SW like the undead and doppelgangers, and he could travel into and out of the SW with a fair degree of ease.  It was very useful on adventures, and he eventually used it to lead a force of men into Calrie's castle, kill Swordwraith, and rescue Ardai (who someone, I assume Swordwraith - Milo, confirmation? - had mind-controlled).  His powers were the key to most of his plans, but their very existence would see him burned at the stake if discovered.  He actually revealed a lot of it to the old IHH pontiff, Royce, towards the end of RoE 1, believing he could escape too much punishment that way - plus he needed some help.  Then Royce was murdered and Tristan began getting TRULY paranoid, especially as he learned Royce had been replaced with a doppleganger before his murder.  (For the record, folks - the Iron Rider killed the fake-Royce.  He enchanted Osoerdean troops into doing the deed for some reason, but he was the one responsible, having discovered that 'Royce' was serving evil now).

Anyways, Tristan worked hard to keep his secrets, but he knew people might still eventually discover at least some of them, so he began deliberately building a case for sparing him if it happened.  He was working with Wallac and Osoer to hunt out as many of the Shadow's agents as possible and joined every adventure against Awnshegh or dark forces he could find, so that if people learned he had access to dark powers, he could argue that he was using them for GOOD!  And he actually was, in half his mind - his mind had taken a lot of damage from the Eye, and he was quite capable of believing mutually exclusive things at the same time.  But whatever his motivations or beliefs, he was constantly working for the cause of the Light in Anuire, and I think his contributions were pretty significant, although many of them were kept secret.  Any time our parties went into the Shadow World, Tristan was constantly reshaping it to clear the way, creating or summoning guardians and allies to battle threats before they reached the party, and protecting the other adventurers from the SW's weirdnesses.  He had power over the undead, which I think people got to see pretty clearly in the fight against the Wraiths under Ilien.  And he was responsible for clearing Osoerde and a good half of Roesone, as best I can judge, of the doppelgangers.  And so on.  His guild contacts combined with his powers and his adventuring meant that he was putting together what i THINK would have become a decent picture of the forces infiltrating Anuire, although I never knew who they were serving. 

I don't know that it would have saved him from various rulers or priests if they learned what he could do, but i think he could have made a good case that he was too valuable a resource to execute.  But as long as I was doing it, I figured I could get some Agenda points for it.  ;)

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 08:01:25 AM »

Minor Agenda

1)Control of the law

Rule directly at least half of the law holding levels of the Realm

Almost done, I was going to finally deal to House Berran and to seize its few law holdings

2) Estabilish a buffer in the five peaks

Talks were going with  RoG to gain its support as a vassal.

I'm fairly certain you would have made both minor agendas in a few turns (if something unexpected and horrible didn't happen to Alamie).

I think so too, but it's nice to see my efforts recognized by you B

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 10:52:47 AM »
EOM's Agenda (as it was my previous domain)

Major agenda
Gain de facto control of the government in Mieres.
[Control (directly or through vassals) all provinces in Mieres AND Control (directly) at least half the law holdings in Mieres.]

Slowly walking towards controlling a lot of law holdings, giving the death of Xavier Zenneth

Minor agendas
Spread the worship of Eloéle to the South Coast of Anuire.
[In the South Coast region – Control at least 5 levels of temple holdings.]

very far from this target

Create closer bonds between the EOM and those that are the beloved of the goddess.
[Gain the alliance of at least two Guild domains (non-lawful) in Anuire (South Coast, Eastern Marches or Heartlands only.]

I was going to estabilish contact with SASI, since he's a fervent follower of the goddess

Become the Countess of Albiele Island.
[Rule the province of Albiele. AND control all law, temple, manor, guild and trade holdings there]

not so impossible to accomplish. De facto Albiele was almost fully controlled by EOM.

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
Roesone

Nothing archieved. Oh wait, I managed to kill the regent, will I get some points for that?  ;)

maybe I'm wrong but didn't ARR die while fighting against Draco Moergan and his forces?

Offline X-WIT/Toreas Kharnmoin (Rune)

• the Nerdrager
  • Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 24
  • Archprelate Toreas Kharnmoin
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »
Create closer bonds between the EOM and those that are the beloved of the goddess.
[Gain the alliance of at least two Guild domains (non-lawful) in Anuire (South Coast, Eastern Marches or Heartlands only.]

I was going to estabilish contact with SASI, since he's a fervent follower of the goddess

You'll be interested to know that one of SASI's agendas was to ensure the EOM had a temple(1)-holding in each of it's division areas. Too bad that with the disapperance of Orthien this agenda probably went out the window, as I believe my LT (and heir) got influenced/corrupted by TOG.

Major agenda
•   Establish a permanent, relatively uncontested presence in every province on the South Coast.
[Have at least a holding (0) in every province on the South Coast (Diemed, Medoere, Ilien, Roesone, and Aerenwe). AND Have at least ˝ available guild holdings in at least two of your division areas. AND At any time, SASI not to be engaged in open hostilities against any realm, and not more than one domain.]

Minor agendas
•   Ensure the continuation of your policies and ideals.
[Designate and train an heir with a minimum of 10 ply trade/training actions, and increase your bloodline score to 30.]
•   Transform the SASI into a true guild with a bright future by taking on more legitimate business and getting rid of some of the worst criminal types.
[Change the alignment of SASI to Neutral – which can be difficult since OT himself is CN. Was later changed to "Change the alignment of SASI towards neutrality - N or NE".]
•   Promote the worship of Eloéle in your area of influence.
[EOM to have at least one temple (1) in each of your division areas]

I was slowly but steadily working towards my major agenda, and it seems that after my "defection" to a higher calling the SASI did relatively well. As for my minor agendas, the first one was more or less completed I think, the second was well on it's way and the third I hadn't worked too much towards yet.
Toreas Kharnmoin
Pontiff of All Anuire
Archprelate of the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »

You'll be interested to know that one of SASI's agendas was to ensure the EOM had a temple(1)-holding in each of it's division areas. Too bad that with the disapperance of Orthien this agenda probably went out the window, as I believe my LT (and heir) got influenced/corrupted by TOG.

I supposed it when  OT sent a message to SS asking for some kind of meeting but it the next turn we both changed domains

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 11:37:56 AM »
Roesone

Nothing archieved. Oh wait, I managed to kill the regent, will I get some points for that?  ;)

maybe I'm wrong but didn't ARR die while fighting against Draco Moergan and his forces?

He did; but the point is Shido WANTED him to die, so he just kept on valiantly attacking even though he was sure it would be the end of ARR:
DM Bjřrn

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Coeranys/William Deaulen

Major agenda
Rise to greatness – it is time to Coeranys to seize a place among the great powers of Anuire.
[Rule (directly or through vassals) all provinces in the Chimaeron. If you rule three or more (but not all) provinces, you gain a partial completion of the agenda.]
  I believe I accomplished this via a quite complicated vassalage arrangement worked out with Duke William Osoer, Court Mage's and Chimaeron leadership.  I also added my own (unlisted) Agenda item to raise the Barony of Coeranys to a Duchy.  With Deaulen's wife (Alleandre Cariele, of the realm of the same name) and her Ducal lineage, I would have tried over time to leverage that connection and combine it with successes in the war (oh well, in the end that did not go the way I was hoping!).  Probably would not have happened in RoE2, but if RoE3 picks up in the same setting 20 years later, their kids could run with that concept (or some variation), creating all sorts of interesting storylines and plots!

Minor agendas
Strengthen the Spirit of Coeranys – freedom and compassion.
[You must have an appointed State faith, Royal guild, and Court mage. AND The regent of Coeranys, and the appointed domains, must have an alignment matching that of Coeranys – preferably all CG, but one of them may be NG, CN, or N.]
  I believe I was successful here (at least as far as I could tell).  If not, I believe they were all close enough that a domain action to change alignment could have done the trick.

Strengthen the Arms of Coeranys – freedom is something that is won every day, not given.
[Create an army of Coeranys with an average experience level of “skilled” that costs at least 20 GBs to maintain on active duty AND maintain a navy with an average experience level of “skilled” that consists of at least 2 galleons/war galleys and 6 caravels/galleys. AND Improve the castle in Ruorven to level 5.]

Not successful as of when the game ended early.  The castle was well on it's way, the army cost was there, and was in the process of adding to the navy, so I think I could have made it given more time.

Develop the “new peace” - Establish diplomatic relations with neighbouring realms.
[Have a ‘good’ or better relationship with the realms of the Chimaeron, Rohrmarch, Baruk-Azhik, the Sielwode, Elinie, and Osoerde.]
  Tricky one to judge here.  I was working towards this, and I think I could have achieved this, but who knows (well, Bjorn would know).

William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight