Author Topic: Domain wish list  (Read 34767 times)

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
Re: Domain wish list
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »
Still, I guess there is aplenty to do in Alamie.
Community building between the living and non-living ones and what not :)
Certainly an utmost challenging realm!

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
 ::)

Well, the northern provinces are down to level 2 and 1, but the rest is intact, so it's a good realm still.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »

Well, the northern provinces are down to level 2 and 1, but the rest is intact, so it's a good realm still.

Anyway, it is not about having a full set of provinces 10/0, but rather in the RP stemming from the position, right?  :D

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »
Like being the only ancient house to consider the wealthy upstart duke of Ghieste a peer...

hmmmm.... sounds like you'd have a cash cow there to help with the rebuilding  ;D
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
Me thinks that might have been the point...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »
Methinks you have indeed hit the nail on the head....
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »
Yah, when undead tend to compose 90% of the self-locomoting humanoids in a province, it tends to have a slightly adverse effect on the general esthetics of the area 

Oh, I love what you've done with the place! Early Cadaver?
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2008, 07:08:12 AM »

What Bjørn is actually saying: the northern provinces are up to level 2 and 1...

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (John)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Ex-Tornilen (SM)
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »
Yeah, Alamie looks like a really interesting realm to play - lots of potential.   There's an unstable neighbour to the east with Mhoried, the perilous Five Peaks to the north, the internal politics, the list goes on. :)
Formerly
Mary Tanar,
Duchess of Tornilen,
the Sword Mage of Anuire.

Offline X-SRT (Tallak)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2008, 08:42:54 AM »
As mentioned in the introduction thread; the Spider River Traders are on my wish list. I'd like to give this game a chance, extolled as it has been by several people whose taste I respect, but I'd like to start small. A guilder seems perfect to get a hang of things, even more so when he has a province (so I can learn that aspect of the game as well).
Saender Ghoried
Count of Ghoried
First Councilor of the Spider River Traders

Offline X-IHH (Murphy)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »
I was wondering if I could get some information on the Conclave of Churches, its foundation, its mandate and any amusing annecdotes about it?  I've been told I should be directing this in the general direction of DM Jon, but anyone who has something to share, please do.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »
The short version of the CoT's history, is it's created out of the Haelynic temples desire to reunite under one Pontiff. Unfortunately none of the temples were strong enough to unite the whole of Anuire and it got more and more ugly. Culminating with the death of Rhuobher Nichaleir and Hubaere Armiendin at each other's swords.

After that the WIT & IHH squared off against each other, creating their own pontiff of the western and eastern Anuire. The OIT had at first supported the IHH against the WIT, but shifted focus after the IHH proclaimed Martin Royce as Pontiff, and turned to the WIT with an ingenious proposal... Ally against the EO and in so doing, create the Conclave of Temples with the OIT Cardinal Aurlien as it's first Pontiff.

This organisation was based on the inherent distrust between the temples. It didn't try to force one temple on all the others, but based it's influence on treaty and willing support - and most importantly: It shifted the post of Pontiff around every two years, shifting between the five major Haelynite temples.

It's creation was the basis for a legendary victory.
 Conclave troops fought in one way or the other on two different fields of battle and alongside it's allies, defeated the armies of the Eyeless One and the Red Wind's gnoll army that had invaded Mieres.

Thus the CoT was an immediate success - as long as a common enemy could be found. Indeed it is very likely the only focus that the CoT will ever be really succesful at...

Presently the CoT is very likely suffering from the same problem that set in almost immediately for the victorious Pontiff Aurlien, the general level of squabbling, rivalry and fear that exists between the temples make them very wary of supplying resources to one leader. Aurlien tried to use the CoT to counter famine and epidemics on an Anuirean level, but was met with a stonewall of distrust and "we can do it ourselves" mentality. The victory was as quickly forgotten as it was won...

So to be Pontiff of the CoT is to lift a position of great responsibility, prestige and some military power (though this is de facto in the hands of the WIT, OIT & KoH) but also being the focus of a lot of distrust and worse things. Aurlien abdicated his post as Cardinal of the OIT due to some of the choices he had made as Pontiff. The two positions quite simply ended up in opposition to each other.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2008, 04:59:52 AM »
The short version of the CoT's history, is it's created out of the Haelynic temples desire to reunite under one Pontiff. Unfortunately none of the temples were strong enough to unite the whole of Anuire and it got more and more ugly. Culminating with the death of Rhuobher Nichaleir and Hubaere Armiendin at each other's swords.

After that the WIT & IHH squared off against each other, creating their own pontiff of the western and eastern Anuire. The OIT had at first supported the IHH against the WIT, but shifted focus after the IHH proclaimed Martin Royce as Pontiff, and turned to the WIT with an ingenious proposal... Ally against the EO and in so doing, create the Conclave of Temples with the OIT Cardinal Aurlien as it's first Pontiff.

This organisation was based on the inherent distrust between the temples. It didn't try to force one temple on all the others, but based it's influence on treaty and willing support - and most importantly: It shifted the post of Pontiff around every two years, shifting between the five major Haelynite temples.

It's creation was the basis for a legendary victory.
 Conclave troops fought in one way or the other on two different fields of battle and alongside it's allies, defeated the armies of the Eyeless One and the Red Wind's gnoll army that had invaded Mieres.

Thus the CoT was an immediate success - as long as a common enemy could be found. Indeed it is very likely the only focus that the CoT will ever be really succesful at...

Presently the CoT is very likely suffering from the same problem that set in almost immediately for the victorious Pontiff Aurlien, the general level of squabbling, rivalry and fear that exists between the temples make them very wary of supplying resources to one leader. Aurlien tried to use the CoT to counter famine and epidemics on an Anuirean level, but was met with a stonewall of distrust and "we can do it ourselves" mentality. The victory was as quickly forgotten as it was won...

So to be Pontiff of the CoT is to lift a position of great responsibility, prestige and some military power (though this is de facto in the hands of the WIT, OIT & KoH) but also being the focus of a lot of distrust and worse things. Aurlien abdicated his post as Cardinal of the OIT due to some of the choices he had made as Pontiff. The two positions quite simply ended up in opposition to each other.

*clears throat*

I think you will find, that it was a Dieman army that defeated the Red Wind's gnollish forces. With aid from the OIT and Medoere (who more often than not, led the assault  :D)

Edit:
By the way... i still have all those mails from the Mieres campaign. I could gather it together in a story or somesuch, and post it on these boards, if it's okay with Bjørn?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:02:11 AM by Thorsten »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2008, 06:07:44 AM »
Its OK with Bjørn - it would belong in "the Bard"
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »

*clears throat*

I think you will find, that it was a Dieman army that defeated the Red Wind's gnollish forces. With aid from the OIT and Medoere (who more often than not, led the assault  :D)

Edit:
By the way... i still have all those mails from the Mieres campaign. I could gather it together in a story or somesuch, and post it on these boards, if it's okay with Bjørn?

Ah, but if you read my post, you will see mention of "allies". I said it was the short version didn't I?  ;)

And who do you think cajoled, browbeat and begged the Archduke to concentrate his forces in Mieres while threatening doom, destruction and deific displeasure if he did not make peace with Osoerde? And were the Medoeran forces present not supplied partly by the RCS instead of paying the tithe to the Pontiff?

Huge Conclave victory.