Author Topic: Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen  (Read 26735 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2009, 02:51:54 PM »
The Pontiff healing those in need stop in his tracks before reaching Baron Arvourand the Sword Mage. While they both seem utterly in need of healing, somehow now is not the time.

He take two steps back and make sure nobody else disturbs their momment of privacy in the middle of; privacy right there in the middle of the crowd. His 20 Knights help with this

A moment pass

"Baron Tshalen?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:10:50 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »
His face contorted in pain at first, Kaven still voices his outrage at the senseless beating of the man, who only moments before where intent on slaying him.
After beeing seen to and muttering a "thank you" to the clergy, he limps determined towards the Chamberlain.

"Lord Dosiere, may I have permission to visit Ser Estevan when he comes around?"

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »
OoC: Oh DEAR! Such a terrible breach of etiquette! The Chamberlain is no mere "lord"! He's "his Excellency, the Imperial Lord Chamberlain Dosiere"!
 That... And I don't want you to mix up the Chamberlain and the Dhoesonean Ambassador.

IC: His Excellency, the Imperial Chamberlain isn't personally present, but his Quartermaster is.

"Baron Enlien, I would see the healers first if I were you. His Grace, the Imperial Chamberlain would like to see you all in three days time, when you are better. The Green Knight will be under lock and bar in the meantime."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:04:32 PM by DM Jon »

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »
The Baron looks at the Pontiff.

"Yes Your Holiness?"

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »
Supressing a cough, the baron marshals his strength to force a smile to appear on his face. With an audible grunt he manages to fall down on his healthy knee, all the time supported by the brow furrowing sergeant who looks like he'd like nothing more than to drag the baron to a bed somewhere.

Kneeling before the Swordmage and shuddering from pain Arvour manages to speak while using up whatever strength he has left to maintain the smile

"Your Grace does me great honor and makes me the luckiest man on this field today. I pray to Cuiraecen to make me worthy of your faith in me... in us."

Having said that, whatever strength was left in him, seems to abandon him as he slowly slips into unconsciousness, and it is only the swift reaction of the nearby guards that prevent him from unceremoniously collapsing on the ground below.
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

• Sovereign
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2009, 03:26:40 PM »
"Baron TsHalen, please help me giving first aid to Baron Arvour"

Then with compassion

"Perhaps now is a good time for finishing saving your soul. I believe you having send Sir Estevan on her should take the first step and ask Duchess Tanar to forget the past and offer her to do likewise. Haelyn want you to finish this old grudge once and for all. I can heal the Baron"

Invoking Haelyns divine aid the Pontiff cast a series of healing spells on the bloodied baron Arvour
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:28:32 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »
Quietly, in the background, Ghorien's men pick him up and take him off the field, barely concious, following the Patriarch Leman States. The page boy, who earlier presented the colours of Ghieste to the Swordmage, approaches the knot at the centre of the field and speaking up in a solid voice says,

"The Duke of Ghieste apologises for being forced to leave the field without the proper farewells but hopes that you will understand the necessity and forgive his impoliteness."
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2009, 06:28:15 PM »
The older sergeant supporting the baron seems to be at the limits of his patience "Your Holiness, Your Grace, I think that what the good baron needs right now is a comfortable bed, so if you don't mind I'll see to it that he gets into one as soon as possible"

Without waiting for a reaction from either the Pointiff or the Swordmage he barks the orders at the guards and a couple of them emerge from the crowd carrying a makeshift stretcher which they lay on the ground next to the baron and gently put him in while the sergeant picks up his flaming sword from the ground.

"I've fought alongside the baron for nearly two decades. Believe me when I say, he's been through far worse than this. He'll be all right. You spells have done their work and time is all that is required now."

He sighs and looks at the Swordmage

"You're free to visit him in the morning and in the meantime you should get some rest too, your grace. If you wish I can arrange for you to be accommodated in the baron's residence here?"

Scratching his head "Unless I'm misinterpreting what just happened here, I believe its already my duty to ensure your safety too, your grace, so if you don't mind I'd like to assign a few of my men with you. I believe the baron would want it, but I'm quite convinced that you can take care of yourself, so whatever you prefer is fine by me."

"And now if you'll excuse me, I need to see to my lord"

As he starts withdrawing from the two, he mutters under his breath while shaking his head "Not a month into the job and already its patching up time again. I should have stayed retired."
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »
"Baron TsHalen, please help me giving first aid to Baron Arvour"

Then with compassion

"Perhaps now is a good time for finishing saving your soul. I believe you having send Sir Estevan on her should take the first step and ask Duchess Tanar to forget the past and offer her to do likewise. Haelyn want you to finish this old grudge once and for all. I can heal the Baron"

Invoking Haelyns divine aid the Pontiff cast a series of healing spells on the bloodied baron Arvour

The Archduke shakes his head.

"Pontiff, that matter, as it has always been, is between Baron Tshalen and the Sword Mage.  The Baron has no crime in which to confess or to see undone, if this is for the cause of justice then let it be by the hand of the repentent Sword Mage -- and none other.  Otherwise, does not this matter remain open?  Furthermore, I would speak with you now in private."
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »
Rashid gives the Sword Mage a deep bow and says; "So... I believe congratulations are in order. Masterfully played."

The Patriarch smiles. And speaks in a lower voice, meant for Marya; "And I do believe the Pontiff is adamant in your redemption. This cannot have gone unnoticed, by anyone, either.

All the best, Duchess."

And then Rashid leaves the arena, with his battered guards, some being carried, a few in several pieces. His throat horribly hoarse and tender.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
His Grace, the Imperial Chamberlain isn't personally present, but his Quartermaster is.

"Baron Enlien, I would see the healers first if I were you. His Grace, the Imperial Chamberlain would like to see you all in three days time, when you are better. The Green Knight will be under lock and bar in the meantime."

Kaven nods slightly
"I will do that."

Then he turns, and limps towards the group of people trickling from the Cathedral square. Those he pass can hear him mumble bitterly about hearts and headless actions.

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »
The Swordmage cracks a weary smile at the sergeant's concern for his lord, then simply steps aside and lets them take him away.

At the sergeant's other request she responds: "There will be no need for additional guards nor quarters tonight. I will visit his lordship's residence tonight, when we are both rested and recovered."

She does not thank Rashid for his compliment, nor respond to his comment about the Pontiff - she merely nods at his farewell and then keeps her place. For a minute she seems a little lost in the throng - people being carried away and healers attending the wounded.
She leans her head back, looking up at the Cathedral before her, considering the beautiful battlements in the morning sun. Then she bares her teeth in a ferocious smile and puts her masked helmet back on. It is bent at one edge and still bloody from the fight. She rotates on her heels and marches towards her retinue that is assembled in front of the Cathedral, gesturing for Calen to approach her.

Back to business - not as bad a morning as it could have been, all things considered.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2009, 08:22:27 PM »
Calen walks away from the retinue, coming over to meet his liege. On her way towards her him and the others, the Swordmage stops and turns to the Pontiff and Baron Tshalan who looks like they would like her attention.

She takes a few steps to stand closer to them and then speaks, her tone sounding somewhat amused.
"My Lords." She nods at the Pontiff. "Thank you for your words your grace, I do not forget those who speak to my benifit."
She turns her head towards Baron Tshalan.
"Baron, was this day all you hoped for?"

• Sovereign
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »
Not risking the moment to get wasted by misunderstandings or heated words the Pontiff compassionately answers before Baron TsHalen get a chance to.

“I noticed you got a proposal. I believe congratulations are in place; Baron Arvour is a good man. This is good day to leave transgressions of the past behind.

I think the time for ending a meaningless feud is at hand. I received divine inspiration during the duel. Invoking the All Farther he answered me and everything suddenly was clear.

Duchess I know why the Baron so hated you and before you answer know that the terror visited upon him on that time was partly the responsibility of IHH templar’s. I was there.

We prayed and the Baron saved his immortal Soul for which I am rather happy. He let go of the old hate.

I think the next step would be for the two of you to acknowledge the grief you’ve caused each other; and to end the feud. I know your crimes have already been dealt with by Pontiff Aurlien but for closure I think you should forgive each other. Today we witnessed what baron TsHalen did to you, what he tried to do albeit unsuccessful.”
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:54:39 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »
The Swordmage simply stands, her mask turned towards the Pontiff. Calen arrives at her side, looking from Baron Tshalan to her worriedly. Just before the silence forces the Pontiff to speak again, she replies.

"Thank you."

She seems to consider the Baron.

"Baron Tshalan, for my part I have taken no action against you since... back then. However, I understand why you hate me and want to kill me. For me it would be no different. Today you have had your shot at vengeance, today I almost died. Will you be satisfied by that? Words mean little, action a lot - nothing I can do can erase the past. Even if I wanted to."