Author Topic: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 31588 times)

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
Re: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »

IC:

Elamien sits on a couch, ignoring the goblin and waiting for the others to appear.  She does, however, peer into the hall, as she reclines ever so slightly. . . .

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 03:25:27 AM »
OOC: Damn, I had no intention of Gaerred Khaiarén and Naire Dhone coming.

Medlorhie seems strangely calm and at peace as she enters the room seemingly well rested. She sits next to Robhan and listening to his words, she smiles at him.

She reaches her figure out to touch his holy symbol, and to engulf the room in Avani's light.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 07:37:23 AM »
You have some basic equipment; clothes and such. Indeed, you garments are of excellent fabric and cut, beyond even what you can afford in the Daylight World. You also have your magic equipment and any iconic non-magical items your character has.

Beyond that, nothing. No food, water or misc supplies.

Only the regent of each domain - or a single AA if not regent present - is in the SW manor.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »

IC:

After a short while, Elamien rises from her seat and approaches the double doors.  As she stands near the opening, she pushes the door, through which the goblin ran, rather cautiously forward, to reveal a little more of the hall. . . .

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »
The goblin - or rather one of the High Marshal's attendants is lying face-down in a growing pool of blood, a knife sticking out of his back.

The hall is silent and dark, stretching away beyond the limit of your vision. Numerous doors line the hall, while ancient bronze plate-armor stands silent vigil next to each door.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »
The Patriarch, awakens to find that his clothes are dark and a Khinasi assassin's mask lies with them. He dons the clothes, puts the mask in his belt and slings the Sun Sword across his back, before he quietly exits the room...

He finds the others in the great hall and takes stock, it appears everyone is yet alive. Noticing Elamien is at the doors leading deeper, he goes to her side and draws the Sun Sword, letting its light spread down the hallway.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:07:55 AM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 10:06:08 AM »
"The servant, the first I have seen in this place... and he bleeds."

Rashid moves to the servant, takes hold of the knife and draws it out. Rising, he looks over his shoulder and sees Robhan, noticing his missing dagger and shocked face.

"Your blade, your servant. A dark place indeed..."

He walks back and gives the blade to Robhan, then he moves back towards the corridor. "Let us find out what the rules of this place is, slay nothing that is not an immediate threat... I want not to find that we are but blinded and striking our own people."
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »

IC:

At the entrance to the hall, Elamien turns to the Patriarch and says softly, "You take the lead, Rashid.  I am certainly not comfortable doing so, myself."  And she waits for him to move forward, before following a short distance behind. . . .

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
Catching and holding Elamien's eyes, Rashid then nods and moves down the corridor, letting the others follow closely.

He stops before the first door to his right and says;

"Let us see what lies behind these doors... Remember, the vampires touch is deadly and they might sway our minds to fight one another. I trust the High Marshal and the High Hierophant have blessings that will protect us against this evil.

Maester Kaleiman, prepare your worst... Your fires may be our strongest weapon next to Faith."

He then opens the door, Sun Sword held at a guard...

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »
Medlorhie kneels next to the attendant.

"Maester Kalieman," she confers with him for a moment.

"Are we awake?  Such as this I have never heard -- not even from the Eyeless One, whose trepidations were numerous," she says.

"Is this real, half-real, or an illusion?" She says. "These are the questions we should ask when the Shadow is involved -- otherwise the overzealous may harm many in their travails," She nods once to him.

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »
Bjorn seems distracted, the other Guardians following his lead still trying to shake off their fear. This place seems otherworldly, haunted.

The stout Mhorean approaches the Patriarch Rashid, and mutters in a low voice:

"What machinations of evil are these?"

He holds his claymore in his hands, and nods the Guardians to come forward, following the Patriarch's lead.
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 09:34:29 PM »
Robhan frowns at the 'goblin' bleeding on the floor - Geran lad, is that you? he whispers. [If the page is still alive (or at least above -10hp), Robhan bandages his wounds and casts a minor curative spell apologising profusely...].

"Wise words Patriarch - but I fear that deadly foes will appear swiftly enough, and granting them first strike might be granting them last also.  I shall endeavour to use my voice before any blade in future - had the goblin not fled I would have done so but I feared it sought to bring some fell master."

Robhan frowns, "so much for preparations, I had holy water and oil both and much more besides.  At least my armour is here - or at least, its semblance - I wonder if our garments are merely what we have dreamed into being that is here - I put much thought into how to chase functional armour with silver in order to face vampires and argued long and hard with the armourer over his labours, but merely requisitioned all else that I brought beyond my personal effects - the rest meant nothing to me beyond providing function."

[Carrying the bandaged page to a bed to recover / covering him decently with a sheet as appropriate] Robhan looks at the others. 

"However we are here, indeed whether we are truly here or not - there is little to be gained by standing about. I suggest we explore, and look for structures that should not be about - for sure enough should something be grossly out of place - beyond the expected madness - then it may be key to revealing the truth behind the facade in which we walk."

With no further word Robhan follows the Patriarch down the corridor and readies his blade as the Patriarch prepares to open the door.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 07:01:03 AM »
Medlorhie kneels next to the attendant.

"Maester Kalieman," she confers with him for a moment.

"Are we awake?  Such as this I have never heard -- not even from the Eyeless One, whose trepidations were numerous," she says.

"Is this real, half-real, or an illusion?" She says. "These are the questions we should ask when the Shadow is involved -- otherwise the overzealous may harm many in their travails," She nods once to him.

"We are presently in the Shadow World High Hierophant, which I am sure you have all gathered. While I am not the greatest expert of this shadowy realm, I know that this place, consists of various 'domains'. For instance, in places where the fey folk are still strong and numerous, the powers of the faerie will be strong - powerful illusions and enchantments they can easily wield within their own domain. The same it is with the lands most tainted by the Shadow; here no light will brightly shine, the minds and bodies of living men will weaken, food and water go stale and rotten.

This place here, however, I believe is strongly influenced by the Dream. Even more so that the 'average' region of the Shadow World this place is illusory and malleable - by whomever has the power and skill to exert his will upon it.

I short my companions, we ARE, quite literally, caught in a dream. And a bad one at that, and one we have little power over."
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 07:01:59 AM »
Bjorn seems distracted, the other Guardians following his lead still trying to shake off their fear. This place seems otherworldly, haunted.

The stout Mhorean approaches the Patriarch Rashid, and mutters in a low voice:

"What machinations of evil are these?"

He holds his claymore in his hands, and nods the Guardians to come forward, following the Patriarch's lead.

NOTE: There is but one member of each domain here; as stated before. No followers.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 07:11:46 AM »
Robhan frowns at the 'goblin' bleeding on the floor - Geran lad, is that you? he whispers. [If the page is still alive (or at least above -10hp), Robhan bandages his wounds and casts a minor curative spell apologising profusely...].

"Wise words Patriarch - but I fear that deadly foes will appear swiftly enough, and granting them first strike might be granting them last also.  I shall endeavour to use my voice before any blade in future - had the goblin not fled I would have done so but I feared it sought to bring some fell master."

Robhan frowns, "so much for preparations, I had holy water and oil both and much more besides.  At least my armour is here - or at least, its semblance - I wonder if our garments are merely what we have dreamed into being that is here - I put much thought into how to chase functional armour with silver in order to face vampires and argued long and hard with the armourer over his labours, but merely requisitioned all else that I brought beyond my personal effects - the rest meant nothing to me beyond providing function."

[Carrying the bandaged page to a bed to recover / covering him decently with a sheet as appropriate] Robhan looks at the others. 

"However we are here, indeed whether we are truly here or not - there is little to be gained by standing about. I suggest we explore, and look for structures that should not be about - for sure enough should something be grossly out of place - beyond the expected madness - then it may be key to revealing the truth behind the facade in which we walk."

With no further word Robhan follows the Patriarch down the corridor and readies his blade as the Patriarch prepares to open the door.

It's Geran all right; you stabilize him and put him in a bed. He's not going to be much use now. But he'll live unless he gets bitten by someone...

The corridor leads nowhere...its seemingly endless; and the doors are locked. They CAN be picked and forced, but after a few tries you come to the conclusion that they all lead to identical empty rooms (empty save some furnishing of course).
DM Bjørn