Author Topic: Domain wish list  (Read 34866 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Domain wish list
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »
This might be more of a design question, than a wish list, but still :)

Will there be some possibilities for players to outline what their characters would have done in the two years that have passed?

For example, HA was seriously hampered by the three noble houses and their council and I couldn't even muster or move troops without asking for permission. One of the principal goals I had in mind for installing (supporting) the new regent of Mhoried was to have free hands when it comes to mustering and moving troops. This would have been one of the requirements for HA's support so that we don't have to apply for transit permits in triplicate whenever our knights need to go fight a goblin or respond to a threat :) I would think that Daeric Mhor probably wouldn't have objected to this in his times seeing that HA always supported him against Markazor. Its not that HA ha any intentions of overthrowing the dynasty, after all. (well, apart from my temporary stewardship project hehe)

Its minor details like this one that I have in mind, nothing gamebreaking (like: I mustered 4 knights and they've since all become legendary ;D)

You're free to offer input like this in the RoE II development section. I can't uarantee anything of course, since part of what I'm doing is making sure all domains have "interresting" starting positions  ;D
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »
Roesone is a very interesting choice. Medium powered realm, but smack in the middle of everything. Not only will you need alliances to stay alive... but you need to convince the major powers NOT to use you as their battleground...which has happened in the past and isn't very good for the realm.

SRT is a good guild. One province to rule as a vassal of Roesone, a stable and strong core area ruled by a fairly benign regent, and plenty of other guilds to compete with (PCE, SASI, BC and HOT in particular). Roesone is also bound to be in the middle of the action, so interesting things are bound to happen.

On the topic of alliances:  Are coalitions feasible in the current system, or will that mostly mean "pick the biggest gorilla I don't hate and stick with him"?  Have alliances hung together in the history of RoE I, or have they hanged separately?  The need for Roesone to have outside allies struck me as a cool, diplomacy driving impulse but scares me in equal measure if the mechanic for allies isn't solid.

There is no easy answer from this. Diplomacy in RoE is highly flexible and also limited by IC considerations and previous relations between domains. It simply since possibly for age-old enemies to become allies in a turn. And OOC allainces and cooperation are simply not allowed.

RoE I had a host of alliances, large and small, short-lived or enduring. The array was so bewildering and bedeviling that no one post can do them justice  :) :)
DM Bjørn

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 1
Sword Mage
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 11:18:27 PM »
I've sent an e-mail to Bjorn with my heart's desire enclosed, I've always liked the sound kin sound of the Sword Mage if my concept would never be approved, ever.   :D

EDIT: Regien feels right I would also be willing to give him a try.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 12:06:32 AM by Kurenai »

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:27 PM »
Is the regent of Ilien still a Mage?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »
Is the regent of Ilien still a Mage?

Geraldine el-Mesir is most likely a rogue/wizard. But I'll have to go through the overall mage composition before making a final call.
DM Bjørn

Offline potentialplayer

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »
OK then, here's my own particular wish list, in case anyone's interested.

1) Ilien / PCE / Geraldine el-Mesire
2) Impregnable Heart of Haelyn
3) Endier / Knights of Haelyn
4) "Three" Brother Mages
5) Elinie

I'd be more than willing to take on whatever suits the game best; these are just a few ideas. I'd be reluctant to play a really huge and powerful realm like Diemed or Osoerde though, what with being in another game as well. If I play something, I take it as seriously as I can, so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 06:47:13 PM »
OK then, here's my own particular wish list, in case anyone's interested.

3) Endier / Knights of Haelyn

Not sure whether Bjorn agrees, but IMO, these guys are definitely a big organization. If I recall correctly, they had a huge army, were involved in several wars simultaneously and atop of that, were vassals to Diemed, OIT and had a network of guilds to maintain.

In RoE, things are not always what they seem :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 06:51:21 PM »
Endier & KoH is a pretty complex domain. Endier is a vassal of Diemed. The KoH is a vassal of the Pontiff, who is currently the IHH regent. AND they have a pretty big army, paid for by the HO guild network...so it might be small in a sense, but it is one hell of a challenge to actually play!
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »
You should check out the updated descriptions for temples, mages and guilds.

Realms next...
DM Bjørn

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 07:28:41 PM »
Bjorn, if you read the mail should your nonresponse be my understanding that your definitive answer is 'No' - or is my friend prudence?

Offline potentialplayer

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »
Well, I responded to KoH because they sound rather cool. But if they're a bookkeeping nightmare, I'd better look for something else, yes.

Beginning too like the idea of Ilien more and more, though... hope no-one beats me to it.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
Bjorn, if you read the mail should your nonresponse be my understanding that your definitive answer is 'No' - or is my friend prudence?

I've replied now. Only predefined domains/regents. And no applications at the moment. Sorry.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
If you wish to play a wizard, I suggest looking over the ones that are available.
DM Bjørn

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
My order of interest remains the same.

Sword Mages are always fun to think about, and there is a certain charm in Regien because the world is the world. Should more familiar players take these I will content myself with whatever is free preferring a Domain.

EDIT: Please forgive me for not mentioning this first, I wanted to thank-you very much for your speedy and courteous reply. I'll try to be as dedicated a player as you deserve.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:08:00 PM by Kurenai »

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »

Rohrmarch might not make the final cut. It depends on how many players we get. It has some unique issues - being located at the edge of the play area with mostly NPC realms around. The Swordhawk to the north and a new threat from the east. It will be interesting, but it breaks with the desire to see PC domains compacted. We'll see how it turns out.

Ach. Well one can continue lurking then.
Maybe it could be a semi-actibe realm, with slightly less interaction with other players during harsher seasons like winter, a bit more DM Fiat. Allowing an area for committed though less often-posting players. The decision being yours. :)

The setting seems most promising.