Author Topic: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 34231 times)

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
Re: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 07:26:58 AM »

IC:

States Elamien, "This is futile."

She walks back to the sitting room and approaches the fireplace; then examines the mantel for any peculiarities. . . .

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »
Upon returning to the sitting room you find that it is no longer empty; indeed, a small part is underway. What looks like seven young nobles - three female and four male - are waited upon by a score or so manservants who are handing out food and drink and such.

The nobles are all dressed in the scandalous fieriness of a forgotten day and age; around the end of the Empire you would imagine. They are uncommonly handsome or pretty, as their gender allows. They are currently all looking at young Geran - who is apparently feeling much better now - as he entertains them with some witty story.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 08:22:19 AM »

IC:

Viewing this scene, Elamien stops.  After a few moments, she looks back at her companions and silently waves them toward her. . . .

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 09:31:14 AM »
Robhan frowns, what did he really see, social butterflies/predators - or real predators swathed in illusion?   To examine them closely might reveal their nature, or lead one to embrace it and make it real...

"Greetings gentle folk" he began, keeping wary distance from them as he drifted towards Elamien, "may I ask who you are and how you came to this place?"
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
Stepping up to the High Hierophant, Rashid speaks in a low voice, his eyes on the party going on in the room ahead; "I believe now would be a good time to protect our minds from evil. While we are still in the corridor."

He makes a gesture toward the High Marshal, but as he has spoken already to the apparitions, Rashid does not attempt to stop him but merely stands ready to spring into action.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 12:55:45 PM »
Medlorhie listens closely to Kalieman.

"Then it is prudent that we determine whose dream this is" She says.

"Patriarch, perhaps we should determine if they are friend or foe, though, Patriarch, perhaps you should see if they are Shadowspawn." she says.

Medlorhie begins to carefully examine the room, objects within the room, and whatever else she can find that is distinctive.

Medlorhie is using Knowledge skills to determine, the time period, location and anything else she can, about this dream.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 02:11:38 PM »
The seven are, without a doubt, Vampires. Even in this place there can be no doubt about that. And seven vampires...that is perhaps more than you can hope to handle?

As for the servants and such; they appear normal men. But who can tell in this place? Robhan's servants appeared a goblin for a while, might these servants equally be under the manor's spell?

Geran, however, is plain enough to see. He sits silently - and rigidly - in his seat, surrounded by vampires. It is not difficult to see that he has been drained of all blood.

One of the vampires, a young Khinasi woman with a scandalous neckline, speak to you.

"Come, come. The servants have prepared a feast for you. You must be famished!"

She gestures back towards the corridor; which is no longer a corridor, but banquet hall.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »
She looks to the group. "Put your swords away."

With a practiced smile, pleasant demeanor and flourished bow, Medlorhie speaks to the Khinasi woman in Basarji.

"May the Graces of the Lady, and that of the Holy Triumvirate be upon, and may they grant you prosperity for many ages."

It is highly ritualistic for each gesture is placed in such a way as to convey both thanks, submission, and respect.

Medlorhie gestures to the others, she sits next to Kaleiman, and speaks very softly to him.

"Maester, a 'dream' is but the medium of the mind for stories, and the mind is the mightiest of storytellers. And what good story fails to draw its viewer in?  Such, is it so with this place, I bet. Where the Veil is weak it crosses into Elinie, moreover, it draws its creatures in.  Tell me, is our 'dreamer' likely in a state of torpor?" 

She waits for the answer, before speaking again to the Khinasi lady.

"Most Honored Host, shall the Lord of the manor be joining us?  We would dearly like to gratitude in person."

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 03:22:23 PM »
Patriarch Rashid follows Medhlorie's lead, but eats or drinks nothing. Indeed, if this is a dream and there is any hope to affect it, he concentrates, trying to will that a single rose petal is placed under his plate, hidden from his eyes.

He then carefully tips his plate, to see if there is a petal. Discreetly.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »
Bjorn carefully follows the others, sheathing his claymore. He seems lost in all this, but his actions are quick, his eyes always watchful scan the room [OOC: Spot check for anything that might reveal more clues or endanger them further]. However he is careful not to miss any reaction of the vampires, especially when Medlorhie mentions the Lord of the Manor [OOC: Sense motive on the vampires].

He sits, always alert, his left hand close to the claymore, his right hand never touching the food or drinks.
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »
The female vampire waves your questions away;

"First we eat. Then there will be games. Afterwards we'll see if the Lady of the manor would like to speak with you."

Seeing as none of you are actually eating anything;

"Well, it seems you have already had your fill. I cannot fault you; I too do find food so bland..."

Chuckles all around

"...so perhaps we should just go directly to the games?"

The other vampires look poised and ready to strike.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
Patriarch Rashid follows Medhlorie's lead, but eats or drinks nothing. Indeed, if this is a dream and there is any hope to affect it, he concentrates, trying to will that a single rose petal is placed under his plate, hidden from his eyes.

He then carefully tips his plate, to see if there is a petal. Discreetly.

Yes, there is a petal there. As you look up again you stare at a smiling vampire - who is also looking under his plate; there is a petal there.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
Slowly rising, every fiber tense and prepared to leap back, Rashid says; "No, no games yet mylady, first I propose a toast."

Rashid pushes his plate to the side, exposing the petal, with the other he picks up his wine glass, lifting it to their hosts, he begins slow; "As we are all here together, and similar in desires, we must remember that this petal, proves that each foe is tied to each one of us, yet there is one foe too many, strike the one not reflecting itself in us!" Rashid speaks faster and louder as he ends his sentence, kicking his chair backwards, and shifting into a combat stance with the Sun Sword raised before him.

"There is a woman too many among them! - Close together, let them not touch you."

{OOC: I'm using my Noble class ability as Inspiring Leader, all who looks to me for guidance gains +1 morale bonus to attack, damage, will saves vs. fear and mind-affecting and all skill checks, this round.  :P}
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:52:38 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »
The High Marshal frowns in concentration, a glowing radiance seems to emanate from his skin, moving to protect the Mhor's side he tries to see which of the women does not match one of his colleagues - and which one of the males starts to glow in response to his own light...

He does not immediately press, preferring to strike beside the others, if indeed this comes to blows and the dance does not continue...

As he waits the High Marshal prays,

Great Haelyn, may I honour your teachings this day;
Lord Erik, may my feet find clear, solid ground;
Great Haelyn, grant me strength to stand ‘gainst my foes;
Lady Sera, may your luck walk with me;
Great Haelyn, grant me courage to dare this battle;
Lady Nesirie, may your mercy be with me in battle;
Great Haelyn, grant me the wisdom to see friend from foe;
Lady Avani, may your light shine on me;
Great Haelyn, grant me the honour to strike true;
Lord Ruornil, may you keep the Shadow from me;
Great Haelyn, grant me victory this day

[OOC: if any spell protects against level drains he's casting it, if not turn undead comes to mind...]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:02:48 AM by Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy) »
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
The vampire-speaker doesn't look too impressed.

"Is there no sayim to be observed anymore? Here you are invited to a feast before we feast upon you...one would not want guests to go hungry, and yo cannot even be civil? The Master will be most displeased.

Nevermind...let the games begin!"

With that the room is plunged into darkness, and each of you feels very much alone for a moment - until that feeling is replaced by that feeling of being watched.

The voice of the speaker turns mellow and fades:

"Perhaps, if you prove to be good sport, I might even make one of you my servant. Yes, you have the sworn word of Adaliz bint-Daouta; the one among you who provides the best sport I shall make a true vampire, so that he might serve me for eternity""

The seventh vampire is Adaliz! Her true identity hidden by the glamers of this place!

Each player should state what they are doing, in as much detail as they'd like. The use of light and protective magic is of great interest; but other tactics might work as well.

OOC: For the slow-of-mind; each of you is now individually going to be stalked by a vampiric fellow who wants to kill you.
DM Bjørn