STABILITY

<< < (5/5)

Talinie & NIT/TD (Linde):

--- Quote from: X-Points East on October 02, 2013, 07:45:52 AM ---
OoC:

STABILITY — Domain Alignment/Size/Types & Annual Stability Increase

Optional Suggestion:

Base Stability

Base stability can never fall below –5 or rise above +5.

Stability:  Domain Size

TINY — relevant levels less than or equal to 25% of regent's bloodline score
SMALL — relevant levels greater than 25% and less than or equal to 75% of regent's bloodline score
MEDIUM — relevant levels greater than 75% and less than or equal to 150% of regent's bloodline score
LARGE — relevant levels greater than 150% and less than or equal to 250% of regent's bloodline score
HUGE — relevant levels greater than 250% of regent's bloodline score

[[[Note:  In this context, province, law, manor, temple, guild, and source levels are relevant, whilst trade levels are irrelevant.]]]

Annual Stability Increase

A.S.I.
THRESHOLDSLG
AlignmentLN/NG
AlignmentLE/TN/CG
AlignmentNE/CN
AlignmentCE
AlignmentTiny Domain+4+3+2+1+0Small Domain+3+2+1+0–1Medium Domain+2+1+0–1–2Large Domain+1+0–1–2–3Huge Domain+0–1–2–3–4
--- End quote ---

I don't know the BS of the regents in RoE3, but I would wager that the average is under 40 in most birthright games.

I can't see what this option will bring to the game except another variable that players and gm have to keep track of. Sure P&H can have a formula that handles the math, but it is IMO creating complications and changes with no discernible benefit.

This option is harsher on small and tiny realms than how I - and everyone else who have commented - read standard and options in 2.25. Are small and tiny domains in need of a nerf?

This option would make any domain who has a ruler with BS over 40, who also has a domain over 100% of his BS in holdings stronger than 2.25 base and options. Are regents with BS over 40 with sizable domains in need of a power boost?

Brandon, I would love reasons to follow your proposals, you might have thought of something I have not! But as far as I can see all you want to do is tie all domain sizes proportionally to BS, just for the sake of keeping proportions. Do you have another reason?

If you truly feel that the option in 2.25 allow for large domains at 21 holdings if a regent is at BS 20, then the way I would fix that is to amend the last sentence in the option to read: "EXCEPTION: Small and tiny are unchanged; the only effect of a strong bloodline is increasing the penalty threshold." This would hopefully create a more uniform reading of the option.
And alternatively to include medium domains in the exception(As some read it like that too), but that would for most purposes void the option, since nearly no regents have more than 60 BS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version