RoE Development > Regent Guide

Personal Treasury of a Regent

<< < (3/4) > >>

Talinie & NIT/TD (Linde):

--- Quote from: X-Points East on August 02, 2013, 08:51:36 AM ---

--- Quote from: X-Points East on July 20, 2013, 07:31:19 PM ---
OoC:

Should a regent generally receive a salary from the domain, which he rules, thereby potentially bringing personal treasuries and the finances (convert wealth) action more into play?

--- End quote ---

OoC:

Or should a regent perhaps receive a salary from the domain, which he rules, when possessing qualities (such as mastery), for which an able assistant might demand additional payment?

--- End quote ---

The story of why the eldest son did not take the throne:

The dying king:
"To my eldest son I leave the whole of the kingdom, may you watch over it and pass it strengthened to your son one day."

The eldest son:
"That's dandy dad. But since I am as great at playing the flute as I am, and ruling the kingdom will take up so much of my time, I will give myself 40.000gp each year to buy the stuff I could have bought with the profit from playing in the inns. You know I'm really really great at it so I think it will be fair."

The dying king:
"And to my youngest and only true son, I leave the whole of the kingdom! May he protect it from the influence of the stranger calling himself his brother"

Yggdrasil (DM Andy):

--- Quote from: X-Points East on July 20, 2013, 07:31:19 PM ---Or should a regent perhaps receive a salary from the domain, which he rules, when possessing qualities (such as mastery), for which an able assistant might demand additional payment?
--- End quote ---

With guilds you almost want to say "of course", but I suspect that the hereditary necessity of bloodlines means that most regents see the domains as "theirs" in a real sense - why pay yourself a salary?  In practice I suspect that it is best to leave the regent's personal wealth as subsumed in the domain and only fuss if there is an issue like a coup - in which case any legal status of the money is fairly irrelevant.

X-Points East:

OoC:

Should a regent generally receive a salary from the domain, which he rules, thereby potentially bringing personal treasuries and the finances (convert wealth) action more into play?

--- End quote ---

OoC:

Hypothetical Possibility:

Relevant LevelsRegent Salary
(per Season)11+ Guild/Trade Levels1 GB11+ Law/Manor Levels0.5 GB11+ Temple Levels0.25 GB
Note:  When two or three of the above (relevant-levels) conditions are met, the regent salary is the average of the two highest salaries, for which he is eligible.

Stjordvik Traders/SH (Tristan):

--- Quote from: X-Points East on November 22, 2013, 09:12:05 AM ---

OoC:

--- End quote ---

OoC:

Hypothetical Possibility:

Relevant LevelsRegent Salary
(per Season)11+ Guild/Trade Levels1 GB11+ Law/Manor Levels0.5 GB11+ Temple Levels0.25 GB
Note:  When two or three of the above (relevant-levels) conditions are met, the regent salary is the average of the two highest salaries, for which he is eligible.

--- End quote ---

I am assuming that the rationale is to add more value to the convert wealth action? If so rather than adding base incomes that mean players have the ability to convert personal wealth into GB and in agendas that have a corrupt and venal priest trying to siphon off money for his personal fortune, etc.

Yggdrasil (DM Andy):
To me, convert wealth was always aimed at the adventurer-regent, whether the play-prince who squandered the treasury on magic items and high-level hirelings to go and "play hero", or the Vos ruler of the impoverished tribe who hunted yeti's for pelts which they then traded for vital GB.

You could divide the domain income between the domain and the regent, either as noted or with the regent getting a share of the domain maintenance, but I'm not sure that I see the point - effectively you are either robbing Peter to pay Paul, or increasing domain income by making it an add-on.

With adventures generally taking a back-seat in ROE the action gets less use, one of the many things I need to discuss with Matt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version