RoE Development > Regent Guide

Domain Actions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ruideside/OM (RP):
I would also like to propose that the Administration action be allowed to reduce taxes paid. basically allowing one of the Administrator positions to function like an accountant to find loopholes and/or hide assets from the tax man.

Yggdrasil (DM Andy):

--- Quote from: Thurazor Regained/OM (RP) on July 15, 2013, 11:26:34 PM ---I would also like to propose that the Administration action be allowed to reduce taxes paid. basically allowing one of the Administrator positions to function like an accountant to find loopholes and/or hide assets from the tax man.

--- End quote ---

That would be a pain to code, cutting your domain running costs has much the same result for the non-law-holder and is much easier to do.  We could of course always create an action "windfall taxes" which would be the usual opposed roll and a means by law holders to try and collect money by more creative means, it could of course backfire, and I suppose we culd have a court action going the other way "evade taxes/extract payments" if you wanted, I can't help thinking that the responses on both sides would be somewhat sanguine though - and not in the gentle sense.

Torele Anviras/TA (Niels):
It could be argued that some fudging with taxes is already part of the returns on succesful adminsitration checks.

Withdrawing expenses before reporting harvest result and whatnot.

Stjordvik/Varri (Greg):

--- Quote from: Thurazor Regained/OM (RP) on July 09, 2013, 07:35:18 AM ---I wrote a set of rules for adjudicating adventures without playing them out. It was designed to handle those players who had some down time and decided to "go on adventure" which would ruin the session for the other players.

Here is the link I posted to it a while back
http://www.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=2209.msg18735#msg18735

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing, that is an interesting concept that you put together - well done!

Ruideside/OM (RP):
Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version