RoE Development > RoE PbeM Whiteboard

P&H stuff

<< < (4/5) > >>

DM B:
Danes are civilized people with no need for such filthy words Andy!

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):

--- Quote from: DM B on May 20, 2013, 07:45:39 AM ---Danes are civilized people with no need for such filthy words Andy!

--- End quote ---

Meaning that no-one ever dared try it on them, I need a victim race - are the Norwegians or the Swedes better victims?

X-Coeranys/WD (Greg):
LOL.  So now we have degraded to norwegian vs. swedish jokes?  Well, since Bjorn is Norwegian I think he wins that one.  ;)

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):
I settled on Kolina Plyndryng as a name for my guild mistress, hopefully it doesn't sound too silly to the resident Nordics.

--- Quote from: Coeranys/WD (Greg) on May 22, 2013, 05:17:14 PM ---LOL.  So now we have degraded to norwegian vs. swedish jokes?  Well, since Bjorn is Norwegian I think he wins that one.  ;)

--- End quote ---

After reading Humon I didn't dare suggest Finns, while her cartoons on Icelandic collectors makes the looting and pillaging seem particularly brutal.

X-Brosengae [Cloene] (Linde):

--- Quote from: Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy) on May 19, 2013, 05:55:50 PM ---How is this possible?  I ask Google to translate "looter" and "pillager" from English into Danish and it fails me  :o

--- End quote ---
Danish is a simple language.  To loot, to pillage and to plunder are all translated with "at plyndre" This is an honorable practice that vikings engaged in against people too weak to trade with. Except they called it warring. Vikings lived all across Scandinavia, so it is doubtful any Scandinavian country will have a word for pillager other than "kriger" aka warrior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version