RoE Archive > Grey they Named Him, but Black was His Blood

Adventure 67: The Bonds Would Break...

(1/33) > >>

X-Elinie/RiD (Niels):
OOC: OK! Here we go for real. No OOC clutter here.

I have taken some snippets of emails, and reposted them here. Please continue the IC talks in Ansien, prior to embarkation here.

Current Participants, in no particular order:

PETG - Adventurers
RiD - Elinie - Adventurers - Amy units
WO - Osoerde - ? - ? (still in the North)
DK - Mhoried - Adventurers - Army units
SM - Tornilen - Adventurers - Army units - Realm Spells
IHH - Adventurers - Army units
LPA - Adventurers - Army units - Realm Spells
HA- ? - ? (still in the North)
MOC

Independent NPC's:
Maester Kaleiman - If he heeds the call.

Please say, IC, exactly what you are bringing, or use the Mirror thread to simply list what we got. We will need to do war planning in addition to adventuring.

Link to Mirror thread: http://twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=1071.0

Link to War thread: http://twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=1088.0

X-Elinie/RiD (Niels):

--- Quote from: PETG Elamien (Brandon) --- OoC:

Assuming a meeting in Ansien . . .

IC:

When a number of individuals have gathered in Ansien, Elamien Lamier speaks to the assemblage:  "My heart is glad that so many perceive the danger, which threatens eastern,--and perhaps all of,--Anuire.  But, before we discuss our collective enemy strategically, I believe that we ought to introduce ourselves.  For some of us may not have met or may only be loosely acquainted.

"So, I am Elamien Lamier, Guildmaster of the Points East Trading Guild, recently married to the Patriarch of Elinie.  I, alone, represent my organisation; for, in truth, my merchants, on the whole, are not mighty adventurers.  But I am certainly willing to place my own body in peril, in order to combat Manethander and his several corrupt,--or corrupted,--agents.  And I do have some experience with a blade."

And she gestures, with a sweeping motion of her arm, palm upraised, that any, who would follow her introductory example, are welcome to do so.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PETG Elamien (Brandon) ---Elamien adds, "Of course, if there is no desire to discuss strategy in a quiet setting, then I hope that all of you from foreign lands will at least enjoy your brief time in Ansien, before we set out to deal with the difficult task, which is before us."
--- End quote ---

X-Elinie/RiD (Niels):
OOC: MOC has also joined us. - And I would really prefer if we did this on the forum. (Like mentioning Carthage should be destroyed)

But, onward.

IC:

Rashid, smiling at Elamien adds; "While I would gladly let my beautiful wife steal the stage, as the Patriarch of Elinie and host of this gathering, I must welcome you all for coming."

Continuing more somberly, Rashid says; "I am aware that several of you, have felt the hand of Manethander in your own lands. He has been reaching from his tomb for years, now."

"We have all had our fights against his agents. Our wins and our losses. What we stand before now, is more grim than I had ever hoped for."

Looking each of the present people in the eye, he speaks again. "Manethander has the Book of Law that OIT lost. You will note, that they are not present here today. Such was the impact of that blow from agents of Manethander."

"His minions and his own vile presence, has been working with it for two whole seasons. Seeking a way to pervert its words to undo the prison my forefather, Daouta ibn Hammoud, placed him in, so long ago."

"He will succeed in that goal, by the Eve of the Dead."

"So. Our mission is not of leisure. It is of necessity. What we have felt so far, is but the faint trailings of darkness emanating from Manethander. If released, he might well prove as formidable in his own way, as the Gorgon. More so even, for his ability to turn the minds of men, making his armies not goblins and dwarves, but our cousins, sisters and brothers."

"We know Tshalen has gone missing. Along with a core of highly skilled units. Archduke Osoer will tell us more on that, in a moment."

"We also know, that for all appearances, the Mhor lost men to Tshalen, where they struck not one blow in return. At this juncture, the only thing the two armies had in common, was that they entered the Grey Hills, and have not been seen or heard from ever since. - Mhor, have you found any evidence to the opposite?"

"Lastly, the creature known as the Ogre is still unaccounted for. And he too has units under his command. The Sword Mage and others have faced him before, and he alone is formidable."

"To be honest with you, I remain doubtful, that the forces of arms we have between us, is enough to deplete Manethanders forces in a pitched battle."

"The duty of our armies then, is to protect us, and provide cover and distraction, while we locate and break into the tomb of Manethander."

"Once there, it will be up to us. With Blood and valor, only we have a chance to stand before Manethanders manipulations."

"We are a disparate group. We have our own histories and conflicts, and in this struggle Manethander may prey upon those. To tempt you to do things that will doom our mission. Resist this urge, should you feel it, to solve disputes of realm or honor while on this mission."

"We go, armed as we are, with tools against any known kind of undead."

"But facing this evil, the final solution may only be found in situ. In the tomb itself."

"Steel yourselves."

With that, Rashid yields the floor to whom ever wish to speak next.

DM B:
OOC: Topic has been unlocked. I've also split of the posts that came after this one and moved them to the Great Beyond (you can repost them here again if it makes sense).

You may start posting here as you arrive or otherwise send dispatches to the Patriarch of Elinie, keeping in mind there is no instant communication and that we've just entered the second month of this season.

X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby):
Baron Bellamie steps forward slowly.  He was one of the first to arrive, having traveled north from Osoerde in the Patriarch's company, and while he has been present to greet each arrival, he has said very little - most unlike him, for those who have met him before.  Instead of the colors of the Osoerde's South Hold, he wears mourning black, from books to coat to leather gloves, marked with an emblem of Nesirie in white embroidery - a prayer for mercy granted to the souls of the fallen.  A slowly fading burn mars one cheek. 

"Lords and ladies of Anuire - I stand before you as a dire warning.  One year ago, I took part in a hunt for the thieves who stole the Book of Law, minions, we now know, of Manethander.  That quest came to naught; unprepared for the power leveled against us, we were routed and driven away with ease.  But that we had accomplished nothing did not prevent the Grey Duke's anger against us.  His vengeance came in the night, as warriors of my own country poured from the Shadow World into my home, burning and killing as they came, led by my fellow Baron Landen Tshalen.  They came for me, and I defended myself, and defeated Baron Tshalen by the grace of the gods.  But they came for more than my life - they came for everything of value in it, and they were not forestalled.  My home lies in ruins... and my family lies within it."

"Lords and Ladies, I have lost everything, for no greater reason than that I drew the Grey Duke's attention!  This is his nature, to take all he touches, be it our lives, our lands, or our very minds and souls themselves!  This is why I have come here today, to take my vengeance for what I have lost.  But I bring warning as well, one I urge you to carry in your hearts until needed.  You will be tested, should you stand against him.  He will play upon you, seeking to turn us against one another, to wield our differences and distrusts as a blade in his hands.  And when those moments come, when you feel the stirring of hatred, fear, or suspicion against one another begin to sap your will or distract your aim... remember this.  Remember the depth of his retribution for the simple act of opposition.  Remember the consequences that face all of us, all men and women of Anuire, should he not be destroyed.  Remember what you will suffer, should we fail."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version