TP.net > The Great Beyond (OOC)

OOC: General adventure observations

<< < (12/12)

DM B:
Do you think your PC could fight a vampire and win? If he fought cleverly? If you do, try and describe that, and if you describe it cleverly the DM will let you get away with it...but try to write it so that you hold and advantage, rather than have won. That way the DM can decide the outcome, but you've helped him make a decision.

Same if you're at a disadvantage; don't suddenly put yourself in a winning position, but write yourself out of the disadvantage.

Of course, when chased by a units of dark treants, you should know that running is for the best...but nothing prevents you from writing in torching  few of them along the way :)

(I'm actually pretty fond of diceless or near-diceless RPGing...)

X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten):

--- Quote from: DM Bjørn on May 27, 2009, 09:37:03 PM ---Do you think your PC could fight a vampire and win? If he fought cleverly? If you do, try and describe that, and if you describe it cleverly the DM will let you get away with it...but try to write it so that you hold and advantage, rather than have won. That way the DM can decide the outcome, but you've helped him make a decision.

Same if you're at a disadvantage; don't suddenly put yourself in a winning position, but write yourself out of the disadvantage.

Of course, when chased by a units of dark treants, you should know that running is for the best...but nothing prevents you from writing in torching  few of them along the way :)

(I'm actually pretty fond of diceless or near-diceless RPGing...)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, this is how I understand it as well... Basically I try to write actions in such a way, as they leave the actual outcome open to DM decision. Using words like "trying to" or "hoping to" ("praying for") seems to be rather frequent in this kind of posting though  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version