TP.net > The Great Beyond (OOC)

OOC: General adventure observations

<< < (11/12) > >>

X-EOM/SS (Marco):

--- Quote from: Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark) on May 27, 2009, 01:59:19 PM ---
What is really horrifying about our situation is that jumping into the Shadow World was the least disastrous of the two options in front of us. 

Bjorn - I would never deign to blame a Dm.   ::)  Actually I am Dm'ing right now in RL and had party deaths purely due to their own stupidity and possibly the belief that I wouldn't kill them. 

Hell I even warned them as a player myself that I thought what they were doing was incredibly stupid.  So yes - players have only themselves to blame for their poor choices.

(Though I am considering asking Captain Oeberon for my money back  ;D)

--- End quote ---

Mark's right. Things were growing desperate for us

X-EOM/SS (Marco):

--- Quote from: DM Bjørn on May 27, 2009, 01:16:56 PM ---Well, you at least had a motivation for seizing the Obelisk...but what about the others? But of course, you all knew there might be gnolls about, and the RW did take an interest in the Obelisk before, so...no blaming the poor DM please  :P

--- End quote ---

The others were convinces by myself. No blame to Bjorn, only to Marco/Sarae  :-[

X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby):

--- Quote from: OIT/Narvelon Diem-Avan on May 27, 2009, 01:58:28 PM ---Those that went to the Obelisk did the right thing.  Just imagine how much worse you would feel if you had jumped down a well into the shadow world with the OIT  ;D

--- End quote ---

Well, look on the bright side.  We found out a probable identity for the Mastermind behind the theft of the Book, which isn't bad progress.  The PC's all survived (thus far!) - there've been worse outcomes.  And given everything I've heard about Manethendar, I'll take being able to walk away with my mind intact and still belonging to me as a win.

X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander):
Hey folks, Kasper (IHH) asked me to post that he wouldn't be writing anything before tomorrow morning, as he is taking care of his sick daughter. Nothing serious, but he'll be back tomorrow.

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):

--- Quote from: DM Bjørn on May 26, 2009, 10:01:24 PM ---Now, the only thing that is difficult in a PbeM game is to drive the story forward (players are too reluctant to add things to the story) and to evoke a sense of CHOICE in the span of just a few posts...
--- End quote ---

Hmm, what stopped me in the Vampires adventure was 'the dice point' - I could react to stuff, but when I got to a point where usually you'd roll dice, like a fight, I didn't know if Robhan would 'win', 'lose', 'get injured' etc, etc - and didn't feel I could just decide the outcome unless he was fighting a mook of some sort.  Some way of identifying outcome is necessary to write the post that would drive things forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version