Author Topic: Turn is still running  (Read 10236 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Turn is still running
« on: June 10, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
Hi all,

Just so you know, Turn 63 is still active, you're still allowed to do dispatches and such. You will be informed directly when there's a lockdown on communication.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Turn is still running
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:04:23 PM »
Rl schedule is a bit rough today and tommorow. I wonder if I could get an estimation for the time of lockdown? Your guess is probably better than mine and I wont hold you to it
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
Once the war moves are over and dealt with.

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Hi all,

Just so you know, Turn 63 is still active, you're still allowed to do dispatches and such. You will be informed directly when there's a lockdown on communication.

Well, it was clearly critical that we delivered the DOs some time ago then.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
And isn't the turn suppose to be completed very soon? In like 4 days? 
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 07:22:10 PM »
Hi all,

Yes it was, unfortunately they weren't and certain matters weren't dealt with earlier in the turn due to player abscence.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07:22:56 PM »
And isn't the turn suppose to be completed very soon? In like 4 days?

It should be, if people involved in the war moves act effectively.

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Les)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:27:43 PM »
I take it lock down means no e-mails right? and just wondering on the downloads is the rent guide is the rules right? but which one is the rules there is like 3 of them
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:29:55 PM by Alamie/CA (Les) »

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
I take it lock down means no e-mails right? and just wondering on the downloads is the rent guide is the rules right? but which one is the rules there is like 3 of them

There are versions with dates, you should be able to read what is the last version.

Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Les)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »
they were all done on the same day two at the exact same time and all three are different file sizes.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »

A lock-down means no dispatching, OoC is quite welcome. Each Regent guide has a version number, go with the most recent one. The third is a pdf version of the most recent RG.

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
Hi all,

Yes it was, unfortunately they weren't and certain matters weren't dealt with earlier in the turn due to player abscence.

Unfortunate as that may be, I hope that in the future you can enforce a rule saying that if players are absent for some reason, the DM's will take matters into their own hands and move things forward (with less IC descriptions, of course). As it is now, it feels (for me at least) as a long time has gone where a few players have been involved in actions that should have been resolved earlier/faster, while the rest of us are just sitting here waiting. I'm sure it's entertaining for the players involved, but it kind of takes the steam out of my own game.

Turn processing taking time because the DM's are busy is of course fine, we don't want to burn you guys out, but processing taking a long time because players are stalling/absent/too busy writing IC communication to get anywhere, is not.

And Norway losing 2-0 to Holland in football has nothing to do with my grumpyness  ::)
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 11:34:53 PM »
Unfortunate as that may be, I hope that in the future you can enforce a rule saying that if players are absent for some reason, the DM's will take matters into their own hands and move things forward (with less IC descriptions, of course). As it is now, it feels (for me at least) as a long time has gone where a few players have been involved in actions that should have been resolved earlier/faster, while the rest of us are just sitting here waiting. I'm sure it's entertaining for the players involved, but it kind of takes the steam out of my own game.

Turn processing taking time because the DM's are busy is of course fine, we don't want to burn you guys out, but processing taking a long time because players are stalling/absent/too busy writing IC communication to get anywhere, is not.

Well, I also agree that if a player is absent without informing the DMs about his absence, the DMs should take matters on their own hands. On the other hand, it is more work for them. I do not agree though that 2 weeks of DO processing is a lot. Even though I am not involved in wars or adventures, others might be. No matter how fast DMs might be willing to process things, the delay depends solely on the least active member of the respective war move/adventure. Maybe a "soft" deadline could urge people get on with their correspondence faster?

Of course we should also respect RL obligations that players of the game have.

And Norway losing 2-0 to Holland in football has nothing to do with my grumpyness  ::)

Something tells me it does  :P
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »
I agree with the last posts.

And, I would hope that the DO deadline will somewhat match the end of all actions, including war moves. Every action taken does in some way affect the game-world and so the orders in the DO would be different if the war moves where done around the time of the DO deadline.
All this may not be possible. But if one do not have the RL time to play a big nation then don’t do it, generally speaking.

I am all for a strict DM that takes over and solve a big war with a few rolls of some dice adding adjustments as he see fit in his allknowinggodlyness. Come what may.

Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:22 AM »
Rl schedule is a bit rough today and tommorow. I wonder if I could get an estimation for the time of lockdown? Your guess is probably better than mine and I wont hold you to it

Just for the record nobody waits for me - I just want to send some stuff before lockdown and dm's dont wait for me to do that (since it is on dispatch level)

Our adventure ended something like a week ago
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:31:53 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn