RoE General > The Sage (Questions & Answers)

A question about heirs.

<< < (2/3) > >>

DM B:
Andy rather neatly sums it up.

Re: Magical vs. non-magical; I rewrote it to make it ambiguous whether the ceremony is magical or not. The investiture SPELL sure is magical, but whether or not the ceremony is is up to the DM (based on how interpretation of the relationship between scions, bloodlines, domains etc.)

Yggdrasil (DM Andy):

--- Quote from: DM B on August 14, 2013, 08:49:13 PM ---Andy rather neatly sums it up.
--- End quote ---

Phew  8)

Ruideside/OM (RP):
OK, that's a nice compromise Andy. You don't have to make it public, but it sure helps if you do - at least among your major courtiers and vassals.

Another question, can you invest somebody as your heir provisionally? By that I mean with a "in the absence of a child of my loins" rider.
So for example, could I designate Taren as my heir pro tem, until I actually have a child come of my own, and have her "investiture" lapse automatically, or would I have to somehow de-heirify her?

Silver House/ClDh (Bobby):
That sort of thing has to be DONE, I think.  It's traditional to announce the birth with something along the lines of "the birth of my child AND HEIR, Steve McBaronduke!" even in our world.  I think Divesting the former heir could be part of the same ceremony as Investing the new one, though.  All one action.

Ruideside/OM (RP):
What about the secret heir that gets hidden away - it's a rather common theme.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version