RoE General > The Sage (Questions & Answers)

Can humans and goblins crossbreed?

<< < (2/2)

Talinie & NIT/TD (Linde):
because the d&d hobgoblin race is stronger and larger than an average human. It wouldn't make sense.

And I think half goblins, because of the vile looks of the goblins will be not quite as widespread as half halflings, or quarterlings.  :P

Yggdrasil (DM Andy):
Well, goblins vary in BR from the 3' stereotypical types up to hulking bugbears, so as Libor notes it's clearly an issue for human women.  >:(

Given alcohol, poor hygiene, etc amongst outlaws and runaway serfs possibly an issue for goblin women too  :o

Half-sidhe are known in BR, half-Karamhul mentioned in some other D&D campaign settings, half-goblins not so much.  In practice I suspect that relatively incompatible genotypes, infanticide, and the brutality and high infant mortality of goblin life would make the issue mainly a moot point - and frankly given the variation in goblins any half-breed would simply be a "goblin" in practice - maybe a "cute goblin" if they were lucky.

Goblins are raiders to most humans so outside of the 5-peaks (and maybe Thurazor) I'd say that they are unknown (maybe rumoured in a "if you fail to worship X your children will be born twisted..." kind of way), in Thurazor I'd expect them to be vanishingly rare, in the Peaks I'd say maybe - not convinced either way.  I feel similarly about half-ogres which would be a 5-Peaks issue, but I draw the line at gnolls and trolls...  :P

DM B:

--- Quote from: HTC/Linnias Baccaere (Libor) on August 01, 2013, 05:07:12 PM ---Can humans and goblins crossbreed?

--- End quote ---

No.

Torele Anviras/TA (Niels):

--- Quote from: DM B on October 02, 2013, 09:43:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: HTC/Linnias Baccaere (Libor) on August 01, 2013, 05:07:12 PM ---Can humans and goblins crossbreed?

--- End quote ---

No.

--- End quote ---

Good! - It is easier to hate the truly alien.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version