RoE General > Armies & Warfare

Re: Sieges, pillaging and prosperity

(1/2) > >>

X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper):
If a full complete siege takes say 4 warmoves and assault takes about 1 warmove how much more damage would one expect ones units to take from the assault? Assuming its overwhelming numbers in favour of the attacker

X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten):

--- Quote from: IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 26, 2012, 12:02:16 PM ---If a full complete siege takes say 4 warmoves and assault takes about 1 warmove how much more damage would one expect ones units to take from the assault? Assuming its overwhelming numbers in favour of the attacker

--- End quote ---

As I understand it, a full siege takes 4 warmoves to *attempt* and remove 1 level of fortification - at the end of the siege a roll is made against a DC set by number of siege/artillery-points divided by castle level. If the check is succeeded, the level of fortification is reduced by 1 (which would mean sieging a castle (3) into the ground takes at least 12 weeks).

An assault means you can do in 1 warmove, what you would otherwise have to do in 4 - but each unit inside, as well as each level of fortification (I think?) gets a free attack -  attack of opportunity, if you will - with massive bonuses on the assaulting army. Unless the narrative (and Bjørn) wills it differently, it'll still take at least 3 weeks of continuous assaults to take the castle, and some of your men will be hurt afterwards.

DM B:
Exactly.

DM B:
Investment works the same, except you just sit around doing very little and it takes a full turn to reduce one level.

X-Coeranys/WD (Greg):
I assume another difference is that with investment the basic physical structure of the castle is left intact vs. a siege in which I expect significant physical damage to the structure?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version