RoE General > The Sage (Questions & Answers)

Captured ships

(1/3) > >>

X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor):
What is rules-wise the situation when you capture enemy ship? I imagine you have the ship itself (likely damaged), but without crew. So is that ship usable or can it be made usable later (and how)? What cohesion it has? Does recover action work for it?

X-Tuornen/LF (Geir):

--- Quote from: ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor) on March 15, 2011, 08:48:44 PM ---What is rules-wise the situation when you capture enemy ship? I imagine you have the ship itself (likely damaged), but without crew. So is that ship usable or can it be made usable later (and how)? What cohesion it has? Does recover action work for it?

--- End quote ---
it could be just fluff ;-)
If you can capture it follows that the ship gets a status after that match the rules. Likely not OK or W, but D would remove the point of capturing ships. Well save the fluff effect :)

X-DM Jon:

--- Quote from: ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor) on March 15, 2011, 08:48:44 PM ---What is rules-wise the situation when you capture enemy ship? I imagine you have the ship itself (likely damaged), but without crew. So is that ship usable or can it be made usable later (and how)? What cohesion it has? Does recover action work for it?

--- End quote ---

The ship will need a new crew. Meaning you would probably take some damage on one of your own ships present, in order to man the captured ship, bringing it up to a status equal to the amount you removed.
 Recovers, and possibly repairs, would then be required.

X-Tuornen/LF (Geir):

--- Quote from: DM Jon on March 16, 2011, 01:50:30 AM ---

--- End quote ---

The ship will need a new crew. Meaning you would probably take some damage on one of your own ships present, in order to man the captured ship, bringing it up to a status equal to the amount you removed.

--- End quote ---
sweet! ;-)

X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor):

--- Quote from: DM Jon on March 16, 2011, 01:50:30 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks. That makes sense. And if you capture a ship in port, it probably wouldn't be necessary to damage your own ships (maybe you don't even have any), just to recover the captured ship to refill it with new crew. Am I right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version