RoE General > Magic

Re: P&H #69 uploaded - Feedback in this thread please

(1/2) > >>

X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan):

--- Quote from: DM Bjorn on December 27, 2010, 02:06:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan) on December 22, 2010, 09:03:21 AM ---It seems that current boring bonus from Sahdow Ward may be missing in Nortmoor, Sorelies and Hildon in Alamie, and possibly Illien, but Illien's prosperity is so stupid (beause I am envious) that I may be wrong.

--- End quote ---

There is already a +1 bonus in effect from Bless Land, so there is no additional prosperity benefit from Shadow Ward (bonus do not stack).

--- End quote ---
I've been having a think about this and it's been niggling me.

Currently the Shadow Ward bonus is a permanent +1 to prosperity, while the Bless Land bonus is a temporary +1 to prosperity.

It's similiar to the effect of Agitate and No Taxes. The Agitate bonus is applied first as a permanent change and then the No Taxes temporary bonus papers over the top.

Possibly another reason to change the Shadow Ward spell (to remove the ambiguity).

DM B:

--- Quote from: CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan) on January 07, 2011, 06:34:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: DM Bjorn on December 27, 2010, 02:06:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan) on December 22, 2010, 09:03:21 AM ---It seems that current boring bonus from Sahdow Ward may be missing in Nortmoor, Sorelies and Hildon in Alamie, and possibly Illien, but Illien's prosperity is so stupid (beause I am envious) that I may be wrong.

--- End quote ---

There is already a +1 bonus in effect from Bless Land, so there is no additional prosperity benefit from Shadow Ward (bonus do not stack).

--- End quote ---
I've been having a think about this and it's been niggling me.

Currently the Shadow Ward bonus is a permanent +1 to prosperity, while the Bless Land bonus is a temporary +1 to prosperity.

It's similiar to the effect of Agitate and No Taxes. The Agitate bonus is applied first as a permanent change and then the No Taxes temporary bonus papers over the top.

Possibly another reason to change the Shadow Ward spell (to remove the ambiguity).

--- End quote ---

Say again? Permanent bonus?

X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan):

--- Quote from: DM Bjorn on January 07, 2011, 09:04:53 AM ---Say again? Permanent bonus?

--- End quote ---

I just reread the Shadow Ward spell discussion and it was Alan who suggested that it was a permanent bonus. My bad.

Scratch my comments.

DM B:
Alan should know better 8)

The spell description is old and poorly worded. The prosperity bonus ends when the spell ends.

X-Osoerde (Alan):

--- Quote from: DM Bjorn on January 07, 2011, 09:43:21 AM ---Alan should know better 8)

The spell description is old and poorly worded. The prosperity bonus ends when the spell ends.

--- End quote ---

Good Point.  Sometimes even I get confused by the descriptions.

I have a new general rule though...

If the spell helps you, then its bonuses are temporary, if the spell harms you then usually it is permenant.

It is easier to tear things down then build them up afterall.

What do you think, B? ;)  Sound about right thematically? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version