Author Topic: Adventure #63 - Obelisk...aftermath  (Read 15286 times)

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
Re: Adventure #63 - Obelisk...aftermath
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »
The Governor has plotted out the fastest route to Serien and advises the party that they should move on at this time, there is nothing left to do here and there is no telling if the Gnolls have scouts about to detect their arrival.  He will speak with the Pontiff as they travel (ooc via email).  They do pass a few small fishing outposts on the way and the survivors of the village disaster can stay if they wish or continue to Serien with the party, though the Governor intends to take the child if there are no relatives to do so.

The Governor does tell the Pontiff that they should both meet with the Baron as soon as they arrive in Serien.

Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 07:34:24 AM »
Sarae has been quiet for almost all time.

She obviously carries the burden of what had happened.

She feels herself dead but hers it's non a physical death but a spiritual one.

But she's determine dto overcome this...after all she had already come back from dead once

OOC: for me Kasper we shall talk here. unless there's anything you want not to share with the others

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »
At some point during the journey back Wallac take a private talk with Sarae. he ask her to repeat, this time with several details, what passed during the adventure in conjuction with the Obelisk; the stone trap/ward, the divine help that helped her use it as a portal (and later close it), the divination she had blessed by her Mistress etc. - Red Wind, gnolls etc.

later he discous the matters of being out of favour with the boss - and how he intend to deal with it; spiritual void etc.. He will ask her other questions but that will be via email
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 10:54:17 AM »
Sarae watches for a long Wallac in his eyes.

She says what she recalls of the adventure and she adds some of her thoughts

"The Red Wind was waiting for us....it's obvious...Idon't think the assasination attempt to be tied with the Red Windwe're unprepared to face Him...as we were unprepared to front the SW...I feel guilty for this since I was one of the main inspirator for this unlucky journey....but even in darkest ways I must not to lose the path...maybe this dark gloom will lead me to a more glorios end"

• Sovereign
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »
"Personally I am rather fed up with dark and gloomy thoughts. But I digress from the subject of the Red Wind. I think you are on to something there. They were on to us before we even arrived which I feel much distressed from.
Another matter – can you feel the loss of connection to the Divine?”

Wallac look imploring into the eyes of Sarae

“I can see you know what I speak about. We did too little to stop Maire and for that we’ve been deserted or at least put to a test. What worries me some is that back there for a moment you seemed to think we should let her carry on with her foolish attempt to control power beyond her understanding. The Shadow World bend and twist and the great a task one set forwards to do the greater the twisting which I believe Maire just proved. At some time I need to speak confidential with the two of you – Marie and you”

Then Wallac retells what happened against the Red Wind in Ilien (see the adventure thread "Wraiths of Ilien part I". He retells from the perspective as experienced by himself and that he expect to receive the results of the interrogation of the prisoners of the Red Wind taken in Ilien's part of the Shadow World

His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
The Governor has plotted out the fastest route to Serien and advises the party that they should move on at this time, there is nothing left to do here and there is no telling if the Gnolls have scouts about to detect their arrival.  He will speak with the Pontiff as they travel (ooc via email).  They do pass a few small fishing outposts on the way and the survivors of the village disaster can stay if they wish or continue to Serien with the party, though the Governor intends to take the child if there are no relatives to do so.

The Governor does tell the Pontiff that they should both meet with the Baron as soon as they arrive in Serien.

In return for the informations concerning the Assasin and what led up to it (What the Governor suspects that is) and the activity of the Red Wind in Ilien, Wallac retells what happened against the Red Wind in Ilien (see the adventure thread "Wraiths of Ilien part I". He retells from the perspective as experienced by himself and that he expect to receive the results of the interrogation of the prisoners of the Red Wind taken in Ilien's part of the Shadow World.

Furthermore he tells what informations he learned from Sarae about the Red Wind

[OoC: I suggest Mark write the stuff about the assasin in a mail. Note that Wallac fully accept that the Governor at some points are a little unwilling to share the source of his informations - Wallac used to be a man who really know how to keep a secret never the less accept that to a certain degree but he do ask a few questions as to be able to assert the value of the information gained from this or that source]

Lastly he suggest to reconsider the destiny of the little girl Maire rescued. Wallac think that perhaps it would be better both for the girl and for the High Priestess if she is to take care of the upbringing of the girl.

[OoC: I prefer to discus the matter of the girl in mail]

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »

Another matter – can you feel the loss of connection to the Divine?”

Wallac look imploring into the eyes of Sarae

“I can see you know what I speak about. We did too little to stop Maire and for that we’ve been deserted or at least put to a test. What worries me some is that back there for a moment you seemed to think we should let her carry on with her foolish attempt to control power beyond her understanding.  At some time I need to speak confidential with the two of you – Marie and you”

"I feel the loss of connection with  Divine, Pontiff. But I hope I'll be able to regain it....and yes... I wanted Maire to continue in her foolish effort..."

• Sovereign
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 10:57:29 PM »
Wallac continues his daily prayers as usual but clearly more heartfelt. In his mind there is chaos; the most pressing thought is the void where Haelyn use to fulfill his sense of being; now it is not there and Wallac truly appreciate the great loss he has suffered. Wallac may be forgotten by his Lord but his Lord is not forgotten by him. With a great sense of duty mixed with sadness Wallac carries on with his duties, the Dawn ceremony being especially soul wrenching to him. Every ceremony include a theme concerning prayers for the souls of the villagers and staining the soul.

As it is the party had seen a few days without combat prior to the collective fall from grace by the clergery, and so the need for healing spells is little and their absence of divine inspiration so far unnoticed.

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »
The Governor has been busy speaking with the Pontiff and writing for some time as the group travels.  He hands the Pontiff some papers and states, "This is what I intend to send."

OOC: Edited Typo (Governor to Pontiff as I'm not handing myself something. ::))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:16:34 PM by Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark) »
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 11:31:39 AM »
Wallac read the paper and nod his consent.

"Yes that seems to sum it up, I've got nothing further to add Governor"

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »
The Governor nods,

"I will have a runner take it as soon we get back to something resembling civilization."

The Governor then seeks out and speaks to Marie,

"Priestess, I suspect things may get tense here in Mieres for a time.  It may be best if you tended to you temples in Mainland Anuire for a time.  I can have a ship take you there as soon as we get back."

• Sovereign
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
OoC: Bjørn and Jon I will do an adventure action first thing; trying to deal with the attonement stuff - please let me know when I can act upon it - you allready know where Wallac intend to start.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
OoC: Once #64 starts, you can send us an e-mail with your designs.

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »
The Governor nods,

"I will have a runner take it as soon we get back to something resembling civilization."

The Governor then seeks out and speaks to Marie,

"Priestess, I suspect things may get tense here in Mieres for a time.  It may be best if you tended to you temples in Mainland Anuire for a time.  I can have a ship take you there as soon as we get back."

"Thank you governor. Please see to the protection of followers and clergy of Nesirie of Mieres. And what about Leenae, that little girl from the village? Are you still determined to take care of her? Or will you entrust me with this task?"

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
The Governor pauses for a moment.

"She is a child of Serien, my vassal and ultimately my responsibility.  However if you are willing to care for her upbringing, and if she is willing to go with you I have no objections."