RoE Development > Regent Guide

Ideas for economic over exploitation (i.e. devastation) of a province

<< < (2/7) > >>

Ruideside/OM (RP):
Keep in mind guys that we are not talking huge provinces here. A 50x50 area is not hard to clear cut - we're talking about an area half the size of Connecticut here.

Ruideside/OM (RP):
I don't think it unreasonable to say that area can be stripped over a period of a few years.

Yggdrasil (DM Andy):
If you read the canon descriptions of the great oak wall, the land would already have been stripped  ;)

Talinie & NIT/TD (Linde):
I don't know if this rule is going to be an attempt to make the vanilla rules for devastation of provinces in Talinie due to guild compatible with RoE.

Vanilla rules: It hurt the magic, and possibly prosperity/stability, giving negative events and so on. And it give the guild extra money.

Loose proposal from me:

Only Guild holdings of lvl 1+ can use exploitation.

Exploitation by a guild raise its  level as per bless(+1), for the purpose of collecting gold, but not for RP or for resisting contests and so on.

(either one or both of following effects)
Exploitation by a guild make positive agitation impossible.
Exploitation impose a -1 prosperity modifier on the provinces affected.(per holding doing it)

(either one or both of following effects)
Exploitation count as the guild extra ordinary being able, and forced, to impose hardness on create/rule source actions
Exploitation by a guild count as a free contest on source holdings in the province (this action can't be supported with RP/GB by the guild since it is an unforeseeable side effect. But it can be opposed with RP/GB by the owner of the source holding), lowest source holding in each affected province is always targeted.

Torele Anviras/TA (Niels):
Free Contest every turn, in every province, is too powerful though.

Hardness as a side-effect is pretty cool though.

IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version