Author Topic: Turn #71 - Against the Hand  (Read 2018 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:01:54 pm »

OoC:

Adventure . . . Turn #71

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:00:05 am by DM B »

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Against the Hand
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:59:41 am »
In the frontier barony of Soilas a secret war is being waged. Not a war of soldiers and swords, but one of subterfuge, secret meeting, sudden ambushes, secret codes, and subtle magic. On one side stands an alliance of temples, guilders, nobles, and mages - Elinie, Soilas, LPA, PETG, MS, Caeleiman and Regien among others. Their enemy is the Hand of Azrai, a shadowy network of agents, spies, and assassins that have infiltrated Elinie - and possibly Mhoried as well. They've been investigating their elusive enemy for some time, and now the time has come to act.

Across the breadth of Soilas the agents of the PETG and MS strike against known and suspected HoA agents, even as the LPA, the Patriarch of Elinie and the lords of Soilas add their influence towards uncovering more of the enemy. Hundreds are arrested, dozens are killed. Leads are followed up on. A new series of arrests follows - not against HoA agents this time, but against their aides - both the willing and those who did not even know the nature of the HoA. Lords are taken from their keeps. Priests dragged out of their churches by their own brothers. Guilders have their shops closed and then go missing in the night.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:11 am »

IC:

Elamien Lamier sits in a dark room, next to Moerele Lannaman, their faces visible in a relatively still candlelight.  Several figures stand before them:  humans all, with the exception of a single dwarf.  After glancing at Moerele briefly and shaking her head slightly, Elamien looks upon a Khinasi male and speaks thus:  "That is all well and good, Malaqi; but it certainly begs the question:  who is he?  And do we have him in our custody?"

"Of course, I can not yet say", replies the Silent Speaker.  "Though, in time, it may perhaps be possible."

"Of course", repeats Elamien.  "For that is the way of such things."  Then, after a rather long pause, she adds, "Your orders remain the same.  Continue.  Be swift; but be thorough, above all else."



Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Quentin)

  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Regency: 1
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:17:46 pm »
Slightly tilting her head to the side Moerele spoke to the dwarf standind behind her.
Grungni, I expect you to take note of everything said here. Nothing written of course.

Then to Elamien,

What will be the next step? I understand most of our targets have already been take care of...
Sometime I feel that I need to settle down... Find a farm, a family...
The slaughter them all and find a new farm and family!

Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »

IC:

"Most, certainly", replies Elamien.  "But, until we have eliminated their leader, my mind shall remain uneasy.  I am hopeful that our agents are on the right track; but I am fearful that much danger yet awaits us."


Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Quentin)

  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Regency: 1
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 04:24:40 pm »
IC
I do not think their leader has already left, he must be quite isolated and weakened, without the support of the nobility and the church his coffers to must be empty so with the witch hunt going on he wont be able to pay the price for recruiting anyone. If we get him now it should be easy to wage war upon them in their own land wherever it may be.
Sometime I feel that I need to settle down... Find a farm, a family...
The slaughter them all and find a new farm and family!

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 04:25:39 pm »
The river town of Luordane is the provincial capital of Sendouras and the home of Count Riegon Dhon and his family. Lourdane, like most of the province, is oriented towards the River Maesil. Sendouras is actually more a Heartlands province than an Eastern Marches province. This sets it and Mholien apart from the rest of Elinie - its more difficult to get to Ansien than to Ghoere, Mhoried or any number of realms downriver!

Lourdane lies almost on Sendoruas' eastern border, guarding the approaches to the province from Conallier. Over the past 50 years the town has grown from a sleepy backwater into a bustling trading town of some 1500 souls. It is here that Elamien and Moerele have come. For as the web of the Hand has been unraveled many strands have pointed here.

Somewhere in Lourdane there is a man that has connections to the courts of the Baron of Soilas, the Patriarch of Elinie, the Mhor, Baron Haensen and Baroness Maricoere. He also has dealings with many a temple, monastery and holy order throughout the region, including those affiliated with the HA and LPA. The guilds are also greatly affected by his influence - PETG and MS alike are affected.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 01:44:21 am »

IC:

As dusk fades slowly into night, Elamien stands with her companions upon an hill outside Luordane, overlooking, some distance away, a plain warehouse.  “This is the place?” she aks, incredulously.

“All signs point to it”, replies Malaqi, quietly.  “Notice, for example, the unusual dock, adjacent.”

“Yes, I have noticed.  But . . .”

“Of course, if we should be mistaken—”

“Yes, yes:  I know.  Enough.  Let us proceed.  Words have little purpose, at this hour.”

Some minutes later, eight individuals can be seen, by the keen eye, upon the nighted sward below, approaching the town,—and the warehouse,—with an uncommon stealth.  The structure remains dark, although, near the river dock, a recently lit lantern hangs outside a small storehouse, swaying uneasily in the cool, moderate breeze.



Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Quentin)

  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Regency: 1
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 08:27:56 am »
Ic:
whispering to elamien
How do you want to do it? is someone going to try and distract them as  we sneak in from the backdoor or are we going to break in by force and use surprise to cut all of them but their leader down? I am not sure of what we are going to find in there, should it be some dark arts practitioner as I suspect we should block all entries but the one we use and leave someone outside ready to burn the place to the ground should things turn sour. They must not be permitted to escape. Do you think there are any subterranean access?
Moerele is feeling uneasy at the prospect of being confronted with magic, her last contacts with regien put her a little bit off regarding magic ways and means. Nevertheless she checks her dagger and prepares herself for the incoming fight
Sometime I feel that I need to settle down... Find a farm, a family...
The slaughter them all and find a new farm and family!

Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 06:58:26 pm »

IC:

"I believe it prudent to take a quiet approach", says Elamien, in a soft voice.  "If we should find ourselves confronted with some sort of sorceror, I doubt that mundane fire will avail us aught."


Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 07:10:50 pm »

OoC:

PETG Adventurers:

1) Elamien Lamier:  Guildmaster
2) Malaqi:  Silent Speaker; Male Khinasi; Medium-Level (Elite) Blademaster
3) Oeric, Son of Oeric:  Member of the Silent Guard; Male Anuirean; High-Level (Professional) Warrior
4) Septis:  Member of the Silent Guard; Male Anuirean; Medium-Level (Heroic) Rogue


Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Quentin)

  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Regency: 1
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 08:28:03 pm »
OoC:
@dm what does the warehouse look like? One or more story? Windows? Loading bays?
Sometime I feel that I need to settle down... Find a farm, a family...
The slaughter them all and find a new farm and family!

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 09:31:06 am »
The warehouse lies by the riverside docks - as do all the warehouses in Luordane. There river is the lifeblood of the town and it shows - all roads lead to the riverside.

Warehouses, in an age before large cranes and trucks came into being, are usually found in multiple stories. Especially true where space is at a premium, such as along a waterfront. Goods will be hauled - using a rope and tally system - out of or into ships docking right below the warehouse. There are other warehouses right next to this one. There is a very narrow alley between this one and its right-hand neighbor - but to the left the next warehouse lies wall-to-wall. This particular warehouse has four stories, plus a loft.

A river barge lies docked. Some goods appears to be in the process of being moved. There is some additional activity and light in several upper-story windows on the street side.Two guards are visible next to the main entrance.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Quentin)

  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Regency: 1
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 12:28:26 pm »
IC

hmmm, we could get past the guards impersonating haulers, then once inside regroup and storm the upper story. Or we can take out the guards once we get past them. We also could lock all the doors but one once we are in, get out, burn the whole place to the ground and wait for them to run for it through the only entrance. what do you think, guildmaster?
Sometime I feel that I need to settle down... Find a farm, a family...
The slaughter them all and find a new farm and family!

Offline X-Points East

  • Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
  • Regency: 15
Re: Turn #71 - Against the Hand
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 11:13:19 pm »

IC:

"Let us make our way to the upper storey, Moerele", replies Elamien.  "The two guards will have to be slain."

She gives a signal to her followers; and, some moments later, several crossbow bolts fly through the night air in the direction of the main entrance.

As the party emerges from the relative darkness and quickly approaches the warehouse thereafter, she addresses Malaqi thus:  "Take Oeric and move the bodies into the alley.  Deal with any signs of life as you must."  Then, turning her attention to the First Captain, she adds, "If you wish, leave one of your men outside, to guard our rear.  But no more than one:  for I suspect that numbers may be of some benefit to us, within."

And Elamien moves with a purpose toward the portal.