Twilightpeaks.net

RoE Archive => RoE2 Archives => Legends of the Hero-Kings => Topic started by: DM B on March 10, 2009, 09:48:33 pm

Title: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 10, 2009, 09:48:33 pm
OOC: I'm assuming that the Pontiff is calling upon Baron Enlien and the RCS to finish what was started last turn. For you plan to work you have to keep the Shadow Ward up; it was cast last turn, so its effective now. Perhaps the Countess of Ilien will join in as well. I don't know.

Conceptually this happens BEFORE you leave for the S&C, so try not to get killed  ;D

Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 10, 2009, 09:50:23 pm
OOC: Yes indeed. I have spammed RSC, Bellamie, Tornilien & Illien with dispatches days ago. I believe I even remembered including you as CC though I seems to f... up with the DM as CC every now and then :-[
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 10, 2009, 09:53:31 pm
OOC: I did notice those mails, so I thought it prudent to make a thread here so that it won't be forgotten.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 11, 2009, 12:52:22 pm
OOC: The Swordmage will be joining this one as well. Since this is before the S&C, I will be here no matter what happens in the duel.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 11, 2009, 01:45:00 pm
IHH: Make a post here when the party has gathered (i.e. committed to adventure actions); before that I won't  be replying.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 16, 2009, 02:56:42 pm
Her Excellency the Countess of Ilien has been given notice as well as detailed layouts of the patrol patterns and positions of IHH units, the brave Justicars.

The sewer guides arrive, consisting of men from both the guilds working in the sewers; rat-hunters and servicemen alike.

The party prepares to enter the catacombs once again.


[OOC: Wallac Isilviere present together with his bodyguard of 20 haelyn Knights, Arch-bishop Bellamie & Rogal Destar. Please state who is ready to enter]
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) on March 16, 2009, 06:05:18 pm
Baron Bellamie has attached himself and his two guards to the Pontiff's party.  He wears the same light armor, long blade, and oiled cloak as before, but has added a light helm with an attachment of mail that wraps around his lower face, hiding a few minor cuts from the last engagement - he clearly has no interest in further facial scars.
Title: Sword Mage & Ilien please!
Post by: DM B on March 17, 2009, 08:51:14 am
OOC: Can we please have a confirmation post from Sm and/or Ilien if they are spending any actions towards participating/aiding the adventure? If not we'll simply start the ball without them.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 17, 2009, 09:20:40 am
RCS said they where going as well
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-DM Jon on March 17, 2009, 09:29:37 am
OoC: Kasper, would you write them and find out if they're in or out? Cheers.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 17, 2009, 09:31:58 am
OOC: The Swordmage will be joining this one as well. Since this is before the S&C, I will be here no matter what happens in the duel.

She will be there - only Alex is slow posting; I think he mentioned he is finishing some serious paper comming wedneysday
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 17, 2009, 10:07:23 am
Kaven Enlien and Patriarch Baerelan stand ready, both in ornate breastplates with Ruornils crescent moon resplendent on the polished surface.
Behind them, eight men, all crack soldiers from the renowned Celestial Knights, and four ruornite clerics, also in chain or breastplate stand ready.
Each man has a small leather sheath tied to their leg, with two vials filled with holy water. A last resort in case the foe is untouchable by normal metal.


"Ruornil guide our way through the Darkness..." Kaven mutters, as he turns to his eight warriors and take a knee with them in a half circle, each man representing one of Ruornils original Celestial Spells. Patriarch Baerelan and the clerics walk from man to man uttering the words of an old rite for combating the shadows minions, calling for the moonlord to assist each man in turn.

Finally, with an 'Amen' and a sound of metal grating against metal, the 8 knights and the Baron stand up. Kaven nods to the Pontiff.

"... And Haelyn lend us the fire of righteousness, to cleanse out this dark spawn, once and for all. Are your allies ready, Pontiff? For then we can strike with alactricity and cleanse Ilien of the filth that taints it.""
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 17, 2009, 02:57:17 pm
The Swordmage arrives alone.

She is wearing her Mask and Robe of Blades. Metal reinforced boots hit the cobblestones hard as she marches towards the gathered warriors and regents. She stops before them, drawing her sword from her should sheath, then indicates the entrance to the sewers.

"I am ready, shall we finish this?"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 17, 2009, 07:51:16 pm
OOC: Illien is using no action on this adventure
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 17, 2009, 09:38:51 pm
OK; adventure will commence tomorrow. It will be fairly short.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 17, 2009, 10:52:53 pm
OOC: Illien is using no action on this adventure
OOC:
Ilien is hopefully supplying the promised guides. I care not if it takes an action or not. Promises made and expected to be kept  8)
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 18, 2009, 10:48:56 pm
A couple of guides from each guild opperating in the sewers arrive at the designated time. They look like they could think of better things to do instead of running towards danger.

One of them spits in the gutter and speaks to his companions in an angry tone:"Why do I always loose the raffle? I'd rather be wresteling old Martins dog than going down there again... And it has rabies!"

The men look capable of guiding you just as well as you were guided last time


OOC: No action is spendt on this adventure!
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 18, 2009, 11:15:30 pm
OK, the following regents and their followers are present:

Kaven Enlien
Marya Tanar
Tristan Bellamie
Pontiff Isilviere

...you are guided by the same rat-catchers and such that led you last time.

This time you have the benefit of knowing the place, knowing what to expect, knowing each other, knowing the wraiths' location and their power...it should be a bit simpler.

After closing in on the wraiths' position you suddenly come across a knight; Isilviere and Bellamie quickly recognizes him as the Iron Rider.

"Greetings. I have hear tell of you noble quest and I am here to offer my aid - if you will have it. And no, the Countess does not know I am here..."

The last is said with humorous irony...
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) on March 19, 2009, 12:27:44 am
"Vimorean!"  Tristan looks surprised, almost shocked, but recovers quickly, stepping forward and bowing slightly with a smile.  "I cannot speak for us all, ser, but I misdoubt any man here would be foolish enough to ignore such aid as you can offer."  He turns back to the others.  "Good sers and lady, may I present Vimorean Vanadaere, known also as the Iron Rider - Court Mage of Osoerde.  We are blessed this day indeed."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 19, 2009, 09:31:31 pm
You press on. The wraith's undead minions try a few ambushes, but you are well prepared and chase them of with minimal injury to your own men.

As you draw closer to their lair - you know approximately where it is - they try a single all-out attack, and for a moment they almost overwhelm you! Yet two sorcerers of terrible power, the Pontiff of All Anuire, and two blooded barons...are not easily undone. By flame, blade or holy fire - they are all laid to final rest! A few trusted men are alive no longer, but they gave their lives gladly and will be remembered as heroes.

Even hit-and run raids by the wraiths do not hold the horror that it did. The priest-mages of Ruronil are more than ready for them, warning and protecting. Three times they try, and every time they are turned away - and during the last one wraith finds its second end upon the cold steel wielded by Baron Bellamie.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 19, 2009, 09:44:06 pm
We press on for the lair giving the Wraiths little or no rest.

Even though the men dying gladly gave their lives so others may live the Pontiff dutifully notes the location for later retrival and propper burial. Theres also those men that died during the first attempt to look for.

Not sparing himself Wallac Isilviere give all he got
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 19, 2009, 10:45:54 pm
You finally arrive at the wraith's 'lair' an ancient hall, long buried by millennia of building activity.

Their leader is an ancient wraith-sorcerer come from the other side, and at his side a half-dozen wraiths and a score warrior-heroes of old (wights). Even with the veil strong and his forces decimated he is frighteningly powerful.

The Sword Mage engage him in a mighty sorcerous duel, while what priests are there to support the Pontiff call forth the glory of Haelyn and Ruornil to weaken the undead; Enlien, still limping, commands the guard that wards the spellcasters.

But they enemy is too strong, they are too many, hope is fading. But then Baron Bellamie steps forth...and the undead recoil from his presence, faring the cld flames that wreathe the blade of his ancestors. The Iron Rider sees an opportunity and plunges thought the enemy's ranks, smiting the wraith-sorcerer.

Survival - victory even - might be within your grasp should you have the courage to take it...
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 20, 2009, 01:48:06 am
"In the name of Divine Haelyn follow me! Destroy the vile uncretures!"

With great ferocity the Pontiff charges ahead crushing everything in his way with his might morningstar.

Then suddenly

"Tristan look out"

Just as victory seems certain a Wraith scrambles for Baron Bellamie. For a while it seems as the Baron will surely loose his footing then he
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) on March 20, 2009, 02:11:42 am
"Do not TOUCH me!"  Bellamie's roar seems almost physical in its ferocity and fury, and the wraith is flung backwards.  His eyes smoulder as he stands and stalks towards it, his armor smoking with cold and frost where the wraith had struck him, unnoticed in his rage.  "Wretched creature!  You were a MAN, once!"  His blade licks out, slashing through the wraith's arm, and the limb seems to evaporate in smoke as it is severed.  "What are you now?!  Pathetic!  Vile!  ENSLAVED!"  He impales it, then rips his sword upwards through it, flinging it back until it vanishes through a wall.  He turns on the nearest Wights, sweeping his blade out in their direction - and they fall back.  "You are nothing!  Shadows, memories, worthless and weak!  I am a man."  His eyes glint in the flickering torches, and their light and shadows dance across his face.  "Touch me again, and I shall destroy what little remains of you."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 20, 2009, 02:25:11 am
The Wraith-Sorcerer makes an imposing figure. He is clad in robes made of shadow, from the outline of his robes a sort of shadowy vapour rises, as if the world itself wears upon his form. The hood of his robe is thrown back, where his brow would be a metal headband with a green gem rests, casting a sickly light about him. Beneath the headband there is only a pair of yellow glowing eyes, all else is simply darkness.

From one end of the wraith's lair to the other, he and the Swordmage have been fighting each other. Sorcery explodes from both of them, lightning spilling into the assembled ranks of wraiths and wights.

While the Wraith-Sorcerer seems mighty, he stumbles momentarily from the power that the Iron Rider brings to bear upon him, staggering to one side. Before him, his servants are in disarray - the combined power of the Pontiff and Baron Bellamie are inflicting great losses among them.

Trusting in her speed and sword to keep her alive, the Swordmage abandons her position at the end of the lair. She runs through fighting, ducking and weaving, sidestepping blows of both the living and the dead. As she runs she pulls a scroll forth from her robes, reading from it as she runs.
She reaches the undead sorcerer at the same time she finishes invoking the spell on the scroll - A bright light explodes from her form enveloping the nearest undead creature - the sorcerer. It is a powerful spell, acquired for this very purpose, saved for this moment. Hopefully it is enough to destroy or at least weaken the apparation.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 20, 2009, 09:29:12 am
At the Pontiff's charge, Kaven himself stumbles into a sprint. Quickly realizing, that his injured foot will not allow him to keep up speed, he diverts his charge. "Wedge out!" He cries.
The warriors following him take his lead and some instinctively turn left with him, while others move to the Pontiff's other side, effectively creating a miniature wedge formation, Wallac it's point, even as the RCS priests move inside the V-formation, ready to assist with spell or weapon, where the foe seems strongest and the charge most likely to falter.

As one warrior, a Knight of the RCS take a hit and stumble, a priest is there in an instant, directing Ruornils divine energy through his hands into the knights belaguered body, even as another pull the stopper from a vial, and lobs it overhead, holy water splashing out, giving the men enough of a respite to recover and return to the fight.


"Ruornil!" A cry goes up, instantly taken up by several other voices. "Haelyn!"
"Stay together..." Kaven orders, lashing out with his sword at a wraith looking to flank Bellamie, seeking to give those who can inflict most harm on the wraiths breathing room. "Move as one!"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 20, 2009, 09:32:07 am
Your defensive line breaks down as people start dropping out of it to pursue their own agendas; suddenly there is a wild melee, and your earlier advantage is gone. Each man must now fight to stay alive, and perhaps save the lives of those next to him.

Only Tirstan is able to push forward, finally confronting the wraith-sorcerer.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 20, 2009, 09:47:23 am
Kaven works to push back the foe enough to get some kind of unity. Calling in a high voice to Haelyn, to assist him in smiting his foe, he lash out at the nearest wraith, then move to close the gap between him and the nearest man, trying to maintain coherency.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 20, 2009, 10:25:06 am
"Rally to me! We will get them but stand firm and help each other. Look to Tristan and defend his flanks - follow Kaven"

The Pontiffs bodyguards & henchmen rally around him at once followed by the others. Then moving in concert with Kaven they close up and secures Tristans flanks
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) on March 20, 2009, 04:18:19 pm
Tristan stands before the wraith-sorceror, the Swordmage having fallen back momentarily to regather her resources.  "You had a name, creature," he hisses, his voice filling with a strange harmonic.  "Tell me."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 20, 2009, 08:53:17 pm
Roaring with frustration, the Swordmage temporarily abandons the wraith-sorcerer to it's own devices. She plunges into the back of the other wraiths and wights, using both blade and magic. She is trying to help the Pontiff and Kaven reach through, giving them the time to reorganize their ranks by distracting the wraiths.

Both her blade and her robe strikes out constantly, tearing into the insubstantial wraiths and sending pieces of wraiths flying. She shifts her blade from one- to two-handed grip constantly - casting spells and hacking at the undeads. Even as she spins and fights, she is clearly slowed by an injury on one leg, hobbling and stumbling occasionally.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 20, 2009, 10:55:39 pm
Seeing SM being severely wounded Archbishop Saraen Bellamie tries to move near her for healing purposes
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 21, 2009, 06:45:06 am
Tristan stands before the wraith-sorceror, the Swordmage having fallen back momentarily to regather her resources.  "You had a name, creature," he hisses, his voice filling with a strange harmonic.  "Tell me."

The wraith hisses something, but it is partially lost in the noise of battle;

MY name is...NOISE...Tristan...NOISE.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 21, 2009, 06:47:41 am
The mighty arcane energies of the battle have weakened the chamber's ceiling, causing it to partially collapse. Tristan, the Iron Rider and the wraith-sorcerer are all caught by it, as are one or two unlucky soldiers. The rest of you make a mad dash to safety; the remaining wights are not so lucky. As for any wraiths that might have made it this far you're not entirely sure; you think you've sent them all screaming to Hell, but you cannot be absolutely positive.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 21, 2009, 10:18:19 am
The Pontiff tries to find out how to respond to the chambers falling appart.

"Servicemen of the Sewer I need a quick assesment of the structures stability. Is this the beginning of a major colapse of the entire chamber?"

Rogal Destar and some of the Pontiffs bodyguards begin to recover Tristan and Archbishop Saraen Bellamie with whats left of the bodyguards try recovering the IR
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 21, 2009, 10:27:16 am
The guides claim that this could lead to a collapse of the entire area. You should leave. Now. Digging out the remains of those buried would take hours - at best.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 21, 2009, 12:20:23 pm
The Pontiff ask two of the guides to leave the area and come back with help.

Then he starts to look for ways to support the weakened areas. Leaving Tristand and the Iron Mage behind is out of the question besides te Wraith Sorcerer remains
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 21, 2009, 12:49:59 pm
The guides leave and you start trying to secure the area. Some prayers to Haelyn also helps  :)

It will take time to dig them out though; as for the wraith-sorcerer - he's gone. Equally covered by falling rocks, though his incorporeal nature would make him immune to any crushing damage and make rocks fail to trap him.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 21, 2009, 12:55:09 pm
The Wraith Sorcerer whos name only TrB knows have escaped.

Dig out TrB & IR, heal them, pray to Haelyn for guidiance and continue the search for the Wraith Sorcerer.

Wallac assumes the two are alive. They will need air to survive so putting a stick through where their last known location is may help; how long will it take to dig them out?

Try Detect magic to se if its possible to locate them by their [known] magic items; movement fo them may also reveal they are alive.

If possible use Stoneshape to make part of the stone where they are a channel for fresh air
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 21, 2009, 02:02:42 pm
OOC: Waiting for Bobby to reply; we'll halt until them (feel free to chit-chat a bit, but nothing major).

The blessings of Haelyn (divination magic) will tell you that they are alive (for now) and when it comes to that will help with the digging.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 21, 2009, 04:30:13 pm
Covered in dust and clearly not in a good mood, the Swordmage throws herself into helping clearing the rubble. There is a lot of swearing in Vos and the occasional blast of magic as boulders and rocks annoy her - apparantly a lightning bolt can also be used to cleave a five ton boulder.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 22, 2009, 01:18:39 am
Trying to organize the survivors to assist with the digging, Kaven barks for people to take heed as the Swordmage commences her use of arcane powers.

He stumbles back himself, seeking the somewhat increased safety of the arched entrance to the chamber, as he eyes the semi-collapsed room.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 22, 2009, 01:22:21 am
Praying to Haelyn for protection Wallac Isilviere remain in the unstable chamber.

Rogal Destar tries to direct the SM & Kaven to those parts of the removal of rubbish where the men have too little strength to move boulders by themself
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 22, 2009, 07:40:36 am
During the digging, the Pontiff suddenly feels a great darkness lifting, and you know that the last of the wraiths are gone for good.

After a while more men arrive, carrying tools for digging and heavy beams for supporting the roof. It will take time, but it will be done,
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 22, 2009, 11:56:48 am
[OOC: If the material from the cave in consist mos beams, boulder & bricks they should be able to breath and we take more care not to hurt them freeing them. If its dirt and sand we take less caution and make greater speed.]

"Praise Haelyn the All Father for banishing the Wraith sorcerer for good."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 22, 2009, 11:58:41 am
Archbishop Saraen Bellamie detect for magic and start to seach for treasury left behind by the Wraiths
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 22, 2009, 12:55:57 pm
After making sure, that no further cave-ins are likely to happen, Kaven asks the remains of the RCS clergy to look to the wounded, even as he puts aside his sword, and starts shifting rocks to get to whats underneath.

Seeing the IHH Archbishop start searching, he pauses from his work, wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of a hand.


"Your Eminence, should you locate anything indicating as to the identity of the slain, I would ask that you allow us to look it through. Many Ruornites may have found their deaths at the hands of this shadowspawn. Perhaps I might bring peace to their families at last..."
With that, he continues lifting the rubble aside slowly.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 23, 2009, 09:36:53 am
After many hours you are finally able to reach them; Tristan is alive, but unconscious, his own family blade lodged in his shoulderbone. The Iron Rider is, however, quite dead. No sign of any wraith, but then again the Pontiff already ploclaimed that.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 23, 2009, 09:46:27 am
In unison, the men carefully lift out the two limp forms. A space is quickly cleared, to allow the prone form of both the Iron Rider and Tristan to lie, so their wounds may be checked.

After confering with the men, who continue to shift the stones, and stabilize the room, in an effort to locate all the dead, Kaven kneels next to unconcious shape of the Baron, while a RCS priest offers a few words over the dead Iron Rider. He touches the sword embedded in Tristans shoulder tentatively. He looks towards Wallac.

"Your Holiness, if I dislodge the blade, might I ask that you see to his wounds?
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 23, 2009, 12:54:58 pm
OOC: You're frre to continue talking; but as far as the DM is concerned the adventure has ended - an astounding success.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 23, 2009, 01:49:06 pm
"But ofcause. On my count dislodge the blade slowly. It will be painfull but we dont want to cut anymore veins. I will see to stop the bleeding when the blade is out."

Baron Kaven slowly dislodge the blade and Wallac invoke Haelyn for healing. Passing out shortly Tristan comes to his senses after a few minuttes.

"The IR seems quite dead. I say we take steps to bring him home to his sister."

Gathering the deads and the wounded then search for whatever the Wraiths had stolen from their victims the party move out of the sewers. The belongings to the victims is put in the vault and its announced in the city that the heirs to victims of the wraiths can claim the items but have to describe what, from whom and when the persons went missing. The clergery sees to ensure only rightfull claims gets accepted. All items is held for at least a week before released as to ensure imposters dont illegally claim them.

After having seen to the dead and the wounded the regents of the party ask the Countess of Ilien for an audience to formally announce the threat of the Wraiths have finaly been dealt with.

[OOC: Linde this is your clue to make some kind of statement]
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 23, 2009, 02:51:56 pm
The Countess holds audience in the magnificent caste of Ilien.

"On behalf of Ilien I want to thank you all for your great effort in keeping the city safe.
I must however stress that I am deeply disapointed you would allow people to follow you down the sewers without informing me."

She looks at Pontiff Wallac Isilviere.

"Your Holiness,
Before you went down there we agreed that you took responsibility for what happened in the sewers. I would like it if you arrange for Vanadaeres' relatives to be informed and sees to it that he is treated as they wish."

She looks at the whole party group again

"There will be a banquet in your honor tonight. I hope you will come and celebrate your success."

Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 23, 2009, 03:22:14 pm
"Your Excellency I hardly had any choice in the matter. We meet the Iron Rider deep in the sewers. Faced with the shadow I decided against policing the sewers and allowed the IR to fight alongside us.

I was not aware that IR needed a permission to come to Ilien. He certainly dont know being dead.

I know not of your relationship with the IR but now he is dead and he did die serving the city of Ilien.

I thank you for the invitation and accept it"

If I have overstayed my mission vs the Wraiths I beg forgiveness.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) on March 23, 2009, 05:26:19 pm
"Your Holiness, Your Excellency, the Iron Rider is a citizen, a vassal, and a hero of Osoerde.  We shall see that he is returned there with us this one last time."  Bellamie is pale and tense, his eyes dark with circles and lingering pain - and grief.  "Although he renounced his position as my vassal years ago, he remained a friend and ally, and his sister remains Countess of Algael in his place.  I owe them both debts for this day and days past.  This sad duty, I believe, is mine, and I will not shirk it." 

He bows his head briefly, in a shallow nod of respect, not subordination, to the countess. "Your Excellency, I do not regret coming to aid Pontiff Isilviere or your people of Ilien, nor would Vimorean - despite the price he paid.  Against the Shadow, all men, all nations, are one.  But Osoerde has lost grievously this day, and I must carry word home as quickly as I may.  I beg your forgiveness for the unseemly haste of my departure, but I must depart on the morrow, as soon as the tides permit."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 24, 2009, 01:05:34 am
IR will be placed in our Grand Cathedral and escorted back by an honor guard. Wallac would like to see what can be done for him. Can raise dead be used in RoE?

Perhaps deal with this in mail with Bjørn
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: DM B on March 24, 2009, 09:03:46 am
IR will be placed in our Grand Cathedral and escorted back by an honor guard. Wallac would like to see what can be done for him. Can raise dead be used in RoE?

Perhaps deal with this in mail with Bjørn

Raise dead can be used; though only within 1 day/level of the deceased. Its primary use is bring back someone who just died in battle. After a few hours it is generally frowned upon - why would you wish to return to the living a hero called to sit beside Haelyn? And would the soul of the deceased want to come back? Most likely not.

The most famous return-from-the dead incident is Archduke William; Armiendin resurrected him quite a while after his death. First time that has happened in living memory.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 24, 2009, 09:18:17 am
"Your Holiness, Your Excellency, the Iron Rider is a citizen, a vassal, and a hero of Osoerde.  We shall see that he is returned there with us this one last time."  Bellamie is pale and tense, his eyes dark with circles and lingering pain - and grief.  "Although he renounced his position as my vassal years ago, he remained a friend and ally, and his sister remains Countess of Algael in his place.  I owe them both debts for this day and days past.  This sad duty, I believe, is mine, and I will not shirk it." 

He bows his head briefly, in a shallow nod of respect, not subordination, to the countess. "Your Excellency, I do not regret coming to aid Pontiff Isilviere or your people of Ilien, nor would Vimorean - despite the price he paid.  Against the Shadow, all men, all nations, are one.  But Osoerde has lost grievously this day, and I must carry word home as quickly as I may.  I beg your forgiveness for the unseemly haste of my departure, but I must depart on the morrow, as soon as the tides permit."

Kaven rests his chin on his hand, as he listens intently to Tristan's words, his eyes unblinking as he stares at the man. Then he sighs and breaks into a meek smile.
"I shall not forget your aid to those following Ruornil. Indeed, you did all of Anuire a great service, in aiding to maintain the Celestial Spell here in Ilien. I shall make certain to mention you, indeed all of you, in my prayers tonight.

If you need anything that is in my power to give, provisions for your or your men, or a bed for the night, do not hesitate to say so. If Her Excellency Algael wishes to visit the place of her brothers heroic last stand, please inform her, that we would welcome her as a personal guest to the RCS."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 24, 2009, 11:18:24 am
[OOC: I had not said so but Tristan and his men can ofcause restock and rest as they wish in IHH grand cathedral being stout followers of Haelyn]

Baron Bellamie, please I would like if you where to accompany me to the Cathedral honoring Vimorean as part of the excort for him. Provisions for the journey is your to have as you wish. I've instructed the quatermaster should you have any wishes. I believe Archduke Osoer would like his trusted vasal to bring him back to Osoerde.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 27, 2009, 01:01:01 pm
During the banquet in our honor Wallac Isilviere brings up the subject of the prisoners taken last season.

"Your Excellency the Conclave of Temples ask you for permission to interogate the prisoners taken by my party last season. With the late gnoll invasion in Mieres the Conclave has to investigate if there can be made any connections betweeen the Gnolls and the Red Wind. In the past the Red Wind has used the Gnoll; it can be so again.

Do CoT have your permission?"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 27, 2009, 10:37:15 pm
Geraldine replies: "Certainly, Your Holiness. I am sure that you would agree that Baron Enlien of the Conclave or one of his men should be the obvious choice for the task given his ties to Ilien."
She pauses shortly before continuing:"But given the Iron Riders untimely death and all the arrangements that needs to be made and the Sword and Crown drawing closer it would be best if we waited untill we return from the Imperial City."
The Countess looks at the Baron.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 27, 2009, 11:03:33 pm
Positively beaming the Pontiff replies

"Your Excellency I thank for your willingness to aid the CoT.

Permit me to ask for the task to be charged to CoT in general and not RSC in particular.

Baron Kaven and RSC may have other task more pressing which only they have the needed skills to perform [OOC the Veil stuff]. If giving the task to CoT in general one of the temples with the needed resources and skills in interogation can do the task. In that case I can take the task to CoT and find a suiteable temple to perform it. Needless to say Your Excellency will be offered to have an observer present for the interogations"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 28, 2009, 12:31:59 am
Geraldine smiles and looks at the Pontiff
"Personally I would be happy to let you take the matter to the CoT and decide whom you would send from there. Sadly it is against Ilien law and tradition to let others than the authority in Ilien question and interrogate prisoners of the city."
She thinks for a moment.
"Perhaps you would like it if Priestess Alliene Tilgentor of ETN were in charge of the interrogation? But she should only be our second choice if Baron Enlien declines."
The Countess looks at Baron Kaven Enlien: "Would you or one of your men be able and willing to question the prisoners you have taken?"

[ooc: Baron Kaven Enlien should feel free to reply ^_^]
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 28, 2009, 01:05:00 am
Kaven nods thoughtfully.
"It is not an opportunity I relish, but I believe, that information could be retrieved from them. I will look into it, as soon as possible. Thank you for your trust, Your Excellency."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 28, 2009, 11:47:15 am
"That settles it then." Geraldine smiles and looks at the Pontiff: "Baron Enlien has taken it upon RCS of the Conclaves to interrogate the prisoners."
She raises her glass and holds it high for all the guests to see:
"A toast to you all. You are truely heroes of Ilien."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 28, 2009, 12:34:00 pm
The Pontiff toast albeit with little enthuiasm.

"Your Excellency has there been any more activity from the Red Wind or the Black Raiders?"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 28, 2009, 03:12:29 pm
"Nothing that has been confirmed at this moment, Your Holiness. I am currently having rumors of the common men investigated to make sure there are nothing malevolent behind them. If I find any malevolent force to be behind I will inform you immediately."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 28, 2009, 03:19:29 pm
"Yes please do Your Excellency. If anything comes to the attention of the Clergery of IHH they will report to your Chamberlain"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 29, 2009, 12:36:36 am
The Swordmage raises her glass in response to the Countess' toast.
"Hero of Ilien - not an appellation I have borne before. Let's hope it sticks."
She downs the glass in a single gulp.
"I look forward to your findings, this wraith might be connected to the Red Wind, or it might a be a coincedence. No way to know, perhaps you could allow the Pontiff to be present for the interrogations? He needs to know, as the head of the Conclave."
She shrugs, sitting back down.
"At any rate, I hope this means I can walk freely in the city here again. You have a lovely city and it is irritating always to have to make it an official event when I visit."

Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 29, 2009, 07:05:39 pm
"The Pontiff is most certainly welcome to be present at the interrogations. I just thought his Holiness would have more pressing isues to persue. But he would bless our dark dungeons with his presence."
The Countess smiles warmly: "It would be a terrible breach of etiquette if we did not recieve warning when a hero of Ilien visits. How would you expect us to honor you as you decerve. I simply could not allow that."
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander) on March 29, 2009, 07:10:57 pm
The Swordmage raises an eyebrow. "Well played my lady, it is your city to command. I'll give notice if I wish to visit in the future, on official business or not."

With that she returns to the feast with a good appetite.
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on March 29, 2009, 07:53:27 pm
"Your Excellency thank you for the offer. The interogation is very important. If I come not myself may I send someone else in my place to assist with the interogation?"
Title: Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
Post by: X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde) on March 29, 2009, 09:16:32 pm
Geraldine nods "Your Holiness or any of your assistants are ofcause welcome to come and observe the interrogation."
She pauses "As to the assistance, Baron Enlien has accepted the responsibility for the interrogation. So it is up to him to accept or deny any help offered. But with the importance of the matter I could not se why he should deny any assistance Your Holiness could grant."