Author Topic: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2  (Read 20876 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: The Wraiths of Ilien - Part 2
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
OOC: Illien is using no action on this adventure
OOC:
Ilien is hopefully supplying the promised guides. I care not if it takes an action or not. Promises made and expected to be kept  8)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »
A couple of guides from each guild opperating in the sewers arrive at the designated time. They look like they could think of better things to do instead of running towards danger.

One of them spits in the gutter and speaks to his companions in an angry tone:"Why do I always loose the raffle? I'd rather be wresteling old Martins dog than going down there again... And it has rabies!"

The men look capable of guiding you just as well as you were guided last time

OOC: No action is spendt on this adventure!
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 11:15:30 PM »
OK, the following regents and their followers are present:

Kaven Enlien
Marya Tanar
Tristan Bellamie
Pontiff Isilviere

...you are guided by the same rat-catchers and such that led you last time.

This time you have the benefit of knowing the place, knowing what to expect, knowing each other, knowing the wraiths' location and their power...it should be a bit simpler.

After closing in on the wraiths' position you suddenly come across a knight; Isilviere and Bellamie quickly recognizes him as the Iron Rider.

"Greetings. I have hear tell of you noble quest and I am here to offer my aid - if you will have it. And no, the Countess does not know I am here..."

The last is said with humorous irony...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 12:27:44 AM »
"Vimorean!"  Tristan looks surprised, almost shocked, but recovers quickly, stepping forward and bowing slightly with a smile.  "I cannot speak for us all, ser, but I misdoubt any man here would be foolish enough to ignore such aid as you can offer."  He turns back to the others.  "Good sers and lady, may I present Vimorean Vanadaere, known also as the Iron Rider - Court Mage of Osoerde.  We are blessed this day indeed."

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »
You press on. The wraith's undead minions try a few ambushes, but you are well prepared and chase them of with minimal injury to your own men.

As you draw closer to their lair - you know approximately where it is - they try a single all-out attack, and for a moment they almost overwhelm you! Yet two sorcerers of terrible power, the Pontiff of All Anuire, and two blooded barons...are not easily undone. By flame, blade or holy fire - they are all laid to final rest! A few trusted men are alive no longer, but they gave their lives gladly and will be remembered as heroes.

Even hit-and run raids by the wraiths do not hold the horror that it did. The priest-mages of Ruronil are more than ready for them, warning and protecting. Three times they try, and every time they are turned away - and during the last one wraith finds its second end upon the cold steel wielded by Baron Bellamie.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
We press on for the lair giving the Wraiths little or no rest.

Even though the men dying gladly gave their lives so others may live the Pontiff dutifully notes the location for later retrival and propper burial. Theres also those men that died during the first attempt to look for.

Not sparing himself Wallac Isilviere give all he got
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »
You finally arrive at the wraith's 'lair' an ancient hall, long buried by millennia of building activity.

Their leader is an ancient wraith-sorcerer come from the other side, and at his side a half-dozen wraiths and a score warrior-heroes of old (wights). Even with the veil strong and his forces decimated he is frighteningly powerful.

The Sword Mage engage him in a mighty sorcerous duel, while what priests are there to support the Pontiff call forth the glory of Haelyn and Ruornil to weaken the undead; Enlien, still limping, commands the guard that wards the spellcasters.

But they enemy is too strong, they are too many, hope is fading. But then Baron Bellamie steps forth...and the undead recoil from his presence, faring the cld flames that wreathe the blade of his ancestors. The Iron Rider sees an opportunity and plunges thought the enemy's ranks, smiting the wraith-sorcerer.

Survival - victory even - might be within your grasp should you have the courage to take it...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:46:37 PM by DM Jon »
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 01:48:06 AM »
"In the name of Divine Haelyn follow me! Destroy the vile uncretures!"

With great ferocity the Pontiff charges ahead crushing everything in his way with his might morningstar.

Then suddenly

"Tristan look out"

Just as victory seems certain a Wraith scrambles for Baron Bellamie. For a while it seems as the Baron will surely loose his footing then he

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »
"Do not TOUCH me!"  Bellamie's roar seems almost physical in its ferocity and fury, and the wraith is flung backwards.  His eyes smoulder as he stands and stalks towards it, his armor smoking with cold and frost where the wraith had struck him, unnoticed in his rage.  "Wretched creature!  You were a MAN, once!"  His blade licks out, slashing through the wraith's arm, and the limb seems to evaporate in smoke as it is severed.  "What are you now?!  Pathetic!  Vile!  ENSLAVED!"  He impales it, then rips his sword upwards through it, flinging it back until it vanishes through a wall.  He turns on the nearest Wights, sweeping his blade out in their direction - and they fall back.  "You are nothing!  Shadows, memories, worthless and weak!  I am a man."  His eyes glint in the flickering torches, and their light and shadows dance across his face.  "Touch me again, and I shall destroy what little remains of you."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:13:33 AM by Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) »

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 02:25:11 AM »
The Wraith-Sorcerer makes an imposing figure. He is clad in robes made of shadow, from the outline of his robes a sort of shadowy vapour rises, as if the world itself wears upon his form. The hood of his robe is thrown back, where his brow would be a metal headband with a green gem rests, casting a sickly light about him. Beneath the headband there is only a pair of yellow glowing eyes, all else is simply darkness.

From one end of the wraith's lair to the other, he and the Swordmage have been fighting each other. Sorcery explodes from both of them, lightning spilling into the assembled ranks of wraiths and wights.

While the Wraith-Sorcerer seems mighty, he stumbles momentarily from the power that the Iron Rider brings to bear upon him, staggering to one side. Before him, his servants are in disarray - the combined power of the Pontiff and Baron Bellamie are inflicting great losses among them.

Trusting in her speed and sword to keep her alive, the Swordmage abandons her position at the end of the lair. She runs through fighting, ducking and weaving, sidestepping blows of both the living and the dead. As she runs she pulls a scroll forth from her robes, reading from it as she runs.
She reaches the undead sorcerer at the same time she finishes invoking the spell on the scroll - A bright light explodes from her form enveloping the nearest undead creature - the sorcerer. It is a powerful spell, acquired for this very purpose, saved for this moment. Hopefully it is enough to destroy or at least weaken the apparation.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 09:29:12 AM »
At the Pontiff's charge, Kaven himself stumbles into a sprint. Quickly realizing, that his injured foot will not allow him to keep up speed, he diverts his charge. "Wedge out!" He cries.
The warriors following him take his lead and some instinctively turn left with him, while others move to the Pontiff's other side, effectively creating a miniature wedge formation, Wallac it's point, even as the RCS priests move inside the V-formation, ready to assist with spell or weapon, where the foe seems strongest and the charge most likely to falter.

As one warrior, a Knight of the RCS take a hit and stumble, a priest is there in an instant, directing Ruornils divine energy through his hands into the knights belaguered body, even as another pull the stopper from a vial, and lobs it overhead, holy water splashing out, giving the men enough of a respite to recover and return to the fight.

"Ruornil!" A cry goes up, instantly taken up by several other voices. "Haelyn!"
"Stay together..." Kaven orders, lashing out with his sword at a wraith looking to flank Bellamie, seeking to give those who can inflict most harm on the wraiths breathing room. "Move as one!"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 09:32:07 AM »
Your defensive line breaks down as people start dropping out of it to pursue their own agendas; suddenly there is a wild melee, and your earlier advantage is gone. Each man must now fight to stay alive, and perhaps save the lives of those next to him.

Only Tirstan is able to push forward, finally confronting the wraith-sorcerer.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Kaven works to push back the foe enough to get some kind of unity. Calling in a high voice to Haelyn, to assist him in smiting his foe, he lash out at the nearest wraith, then move to close the gap between him and the nearest man, trying to maintain coherency.

• Sovereign
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »
"Rally to me! We will get them but stand firm and help each other. Look to Tristan and defend his flanks - follow Kaven"

The Pontiffs bodyguards & henchmen rally around him at once followed by the others. Then moving in concert with Kaven they close up and secures Tristans flanks

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »
Tristan stands before the wraith-sorceror, the Swordmage having fallen back momentarily to regather her resources.  "You had a name, creature," he hisses, his voice filling with a strange harmonic.  "Tell me."