Author Topic: Adventure #63 - Obelisk...aftermath  (Read 15277 times)

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
Re: Adventure #63 - Obelisk...aftermath
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
The Governor looks at Wallac,

"We will pray, but then I wish to discuss with you this news of the Red Wind in Ilien.  This is something I think I should be made aware of."
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »
Wallac nods

"Governor I will do as you wish but bear over with me that it need wait a little longer than the prayer. After the prayer I need to spend a little time on my own and as pointed out by yourself we should move out from here. We have a long walk ahead of us and if you can don't mind we can pass some of the time marching with that talk."

As an afterthought the Pontiff adds.

"Thank for saving me from throwing my life away. I was stricken by grief but dying had accomplished nothing. There is many a task that needs to be done in the house of Haelyn and he needs all the servants he has. By saving my life you gave me a chance to give some small purpose to the meaningless death of the village and serve the All Father”
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:26:52 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »
The Governor nods,

"I understand, later will be fine, but given the events of the past few days it is something I must know.  As for the other thing, you are most welcome.  We have all made mistakes during this trek, and none of our deaths would do to correct any of them.  The deaths of those traitors who are behind the situation we found ourselves in... that is another matter."
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »
The survivors are overcome with shock and grief, they don't really hear much of what you're saying. Some of them just stand at the beach looking out over the ocean.

The smalltown priest of Nesirie looks at you with a mixture of fear, awe and hatred.

"I will pray for you when I... Can. But right now I must comfort those who live, after that we will do as Governor Vaumel says and find a new place to stay far from here.

Pray for yourselves. You obviously need redemption! Here you will find none."

That said she goes to the few survivors on the beach, consoling them as best she can.

• Sovereign
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »
After saying their own prayer for the souls of the dead, Wallac walks around the empty village by the moonlight. Every now and then he stops and enters a house looking in the vain hope of finding survivors. Finding none he simply takes in the absence of people. What gruesome faith the people of a whole village torn from their sleep in the middle of the night. He comes to a small chapel to Haelyn. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be one of OIT’s but it will do for now. That too has been demolished by the horde.

Wallac enters and look around inspecting the damage. He then begin to clean up, raise a turned over stool tidying things up. The pontiff of all Anuire, alone in the almost dark shrine, walks to the alter and fall to his knees in silent prayer. As dawns draws near Wallac rise to find the bell of the shrine. It is many years ago he rang the bells of Haelyn to greet dawn, his rise within the hierarchy putting him off from such duties.
As come dawn Wallac tolls the bells with great vigor, his tears streaming from the sorrow of the dead village. Upon finishing ringing he then conducts the last morning ceremonies of the now dead village. He solemnly praises the glory of Haelyn; call for his divine wisdom in the day to come. Finally he prays for the souls. Slowly the tears subside and the tear stricken fallen priest rise and walk towards the exit.
And there it is, suddenly visible from the first rays of the rising sun. The Book of Law unnoticed in the dim light of the moon lying under a bench in the shrine now lit up by the sun of dawn. The shrines copy of the Book of Law seems so out of place there under the bench and Wallac bows to pick it up
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:11:53 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »
Bowing down to pick up the book he decides to read a few verses. Opening the book at random the his eyes catch a verse with a meaning only too relevant

Thou who passively bear witness to heinous acts shall purge their souls from the stain evil or be forever damned

Standing stricken by the words of his Lord he knows he has to carry this little piece of the daily life of the village with him. To save this Book from decaying and bring it to a temple of Haelyn belonging to the same tradition that now has been bereft of a shrine. There confess his sins and asks forgiveness for them.
There report the loss of the village and the shrine.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:32:42 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 04:13:27 AM »
The Governor takes little time himself to mourn unlike the others  Instead he takes a map from one of Oeberon's men, secludes himself in one of the empty houses and busies himself in determining exactly where in Thenial the party is and the safest and quickest route out of the province back to Serien where his forces are garrisoned. 

He only exits upon hearing the bells being rung by the Pontiff, his face as cold as stone looking in the direction of the sound of the bells.  He walks to the priestess to the beach.  "We are leaving, soon.  You and others will be coming with us, if you wish to be left at a village along the way so be it, but you will not make the trek alone."  The tone of the Governor's voice clearly indicates that was not a question.

He moves to turn away and then stops for a minute.  He looks back to the priestess over his shoulder - "The child - does (s)he (?) have any family nearby that can take her (him?) in."  The Governor pauses, his face still cold and without emotion.  "If not - she comes with me." Again - not a question, and the Governor walks off.

• Sovereign
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »
Carrying the Book of Law Wallac returns to the Altar and place the book where it used to be. He opens the book and finds the passage again and read it out loud: “Thou who passively bear witness to heinous acts shall purge their souls from the stain evil.” Caught in the moment Wallac begin to pray; pray for guidance.

"My Lord I feel it was no coincidence I stumbled upon Your book as it lay illuminated by the sun of Dawn."

"Misplaced it was and out of its proper place too and the first verse to be found was “Thou who passively bear witness to heinous acts shall purge their souls from the stain evil.” As the book I too am misplaced and out of my proper place. My soul is stained and I cannot find rest nor can I find peace."

"My Lord I beg You show mercy to your unworthy servant and help him purge his soul from the stain. Alone I am, the only companionship being guilt and deep sorrow for death of the village. Your poor servant has failed and just is Your righteous anger. My Lord I beg You, tell Your servant how to set things right again."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:29:39 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 03:47:27 AM »
OoC: To Wallac Isilviere ONLY.

IC: Here you sit in prayer, Pontiff of all Anuire, leader of the Allfather's holy reformation of his faithful flock, father in turn to many who lack the spirit and courage. Icon, guide, patron of much that is good and righteous.

And yet you cannot feel the presence of the Allfather within you anymore. He is gone! As if some connection to him has been severed. And you didn't even know he was always there, until now, when he is not...
 It is as if something horrible has settled upon you, within you. Something sinister, menacing, wanton, TRUE!
 You feel as if your very spirit was raped, not that you would really know, ever, what that horrible word means. And yet, in other ways you do, for your life now seems a grayish mass, something unimportant, rotten, to throw away. A spiritual void is what you have become, filled with blame and doubt!

And why not!?

You were torn from one world to the other, riding on a massive wave of negative energy, the purest form of evil there is. No choice, noone who heard when you said NO!  She never had a thought to the consequences. Noone who helped... Not even the Allfather would save you. And your curses fell upon those already cursed.

How could you have known!? NO! IT IS NOT MY FAULT!

Indeed, someone is to blame here! Someone should SUFFER as you suffer! Someone should BEAR the BLAME! A dark, horrible urge rises through channels unknown, writhing into your heart, into your soul, screaming like some horrid infant with a voice of a thousand nails! REVENGE!

Revenge upon Marie Cwyllmie. Her sacrifice shall fill the empty void, open the secret channel that will make you righteous once again.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:59:51 AM by DM Jon »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »
The other priests will also be wracked by extensive mental/moral self-flagellation. They have, after all, literally lost their faith. Marie in particular should be deeply affected, but of course the Pontiff, though not nearly as guilty (his guilt lines in not doing, rather than doing), should of course be a shining beacon of piety. Sarae is also affected, but doesn't show it by any outward displays.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »
OOC: Each of the priests will have a note in their DO regarding what must be done to atone. It will involved some self-searching and forgiveness all around, as well as some actual ACT of atonement. Once again, it is Marie who is in the deepest hole.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 11:14:08 AM »
[OoC: Continuening the scene where Jon left it. Still for Wallac Isilviere ONLY but for when in the end goes looking for Maire]

The next thought following is one of mercy and compassion but yet overshadowed by righteous anger; There is allready some that suffer - the poor villagers and truly Maire will be much worse off than Wallac himself, her situation a similar yet much worse {YES SHE IS EVIL AND DESERVES TO BURN FOR HER ACTION}.

Revenge for its own sake never end well thus we look to the Lord, our lawmaker, for his guidance and Law to steer us through avoiding the negative feelings deriving from revenge to stain our hearts {YES THE LAW IS CLEAR; BY RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION SHALL SHE BE JUDGED BY HER PEERS FOLLOWING THE LAW OF OUR LORD}.

Our Lord Divine Haelyn is a stern master, but his judgments are tempered with mercy; he could have struck me down but yet I live and have a chance to redeem myself. {BUT MY LORD HAS LEFT ME; HE IS NO LONGER WITH ME AND I HAVE LITTLE ROOM FOR COMPASION, ONLY FOR HATE FUELED REVENGE}

Yet I used to be a man capable of showing compassion, showing mercy to those that truly repented their actions. With the empty hole in my heart and soul where the All Father used to fill there is a void, but yet the memory of his presence there lingers and if that is all that is left, it will have to do for now. Without the blessing of my Lords presence in my heart and soul I’m no longer worthy to judge others by his law, and it seems for my need for revenge, likewise incapable of mercy. I must cleanse myself from the negative need for revenge, for those feelings clouds my sense of right and wrong and already I am without the guidance from my Lord.

I will purge myself of the wish for revenge and then speak with Maire. I will not judge her for that I am no longer worthy to do and judging her is, I suspect, already done by Haelyn and Nesirie.

I will listen to Maire and perhaps thereby find a path to understanding the meaning and maybe even the capability for mercy to her. If I can show mercy to Maire the task of forgiving self may show?

Wallac stand entranced before the Altar in the despoiled shrine himself a fallen priest out of favor.
Who am I to call for revenge for had I not the chance to do something had I but trusted my eyes? No the villagers never had a chance and they and what family they may have left are, if any, those who should call for revenge. No revenge I cannot even demand and that is good because it will serve me no good anyway!

Leaving the trance like state of mind Wallac tears free of pity for self. “I will talk to Maire and I will listen but for a few questions

Wallac leaves the temple and go looking for Maire
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:49:33 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Sovereign
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »
[OoC: Libor, I think it should be your choice where Wallac finds Maire. Wallac looks for her starting with the shore]

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
As Maire is about to leave the shore, Wallac approaches her with book with his hand and anger in his moves and gestures and starts to talk to her.

• Sovereign
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »
[OoC: Wallac and Maire is having a conversation, one fallen priest to another. The conversation will be made in email.

Similarly Wallac would want to talk to Sarae of OEM at some point on the journey to the next village. I think that conversation can be made in forum or mail as Marco prefers.

Wallac has allready agreed to discus matters of the Red Wind with the Governor when the party is on the road again. Mark feel free to either send me a mail or do it via forum post]