Author Topic: Natural Province Growth  (Read 6346 times)

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
Natural Province Growth
« on: March 04, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »
I'm assuming calculations for natural growth start from 0GB for every province...correct?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Natural Province Growth
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »
I'm assuming calculations for natural growth start from 0GB for every province...correct?

Incorrect. Starting growth number is highly variable - some provinces are fairly close to going up in level, others not.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »
that means I have to ask you privately for every province could I be interested in ruling up?

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »
I think it's kind of impossible to know exactly when a province will reach the next level. You put in a little something every turn, say 5 GB, then one shiny day...WOHLA! up a notch it goes! :-)

Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
You could perform a census action in your province.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
You can't know; and adviser action could give you a rough idea of how much remains (little, medium, lots).
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »
You can't know; and adviser action could give you a rough idea of how much remains (little, medium, lots).

But how to interpret Little, medium and lots? I mean perhaps a range with numbers of some sort for each of the 3 categories?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »
No; there is no way you can now how much remains before level goes up, except by the guesstimates of your advisers.

Use of the Rule Province action is one way of speeding things up. Keeping a stable and prosperous realm with filled-up holdings also helps.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »
Another factor; if there is a big gap between current province level and maximum province level, growth will be somewhat faster.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »
Ruler: "Advisor, when do you think the province will grow to the next rank?"
Advisor: "We are very close milord. We only need 23 more civilians and a few dwellings, and we have enough populace to level up. If you manage to keep a major war out of the lands, I imagine the province will be level 4 in no more than a week, perhaps two."
Ruler: "Screw that, I need the income. I'm kidnapping 23 peasants from our neighbour. Gods willing, we'll be lvl 4 tomorrow!"

Personally I kinda like the "slow" way of things. Always struck me as odd that a province suddenly had an influx of citizens, just because some lord used a bit of "influence" and had a lucky die roll.  ;)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 05:04:14 PM »
Thorsten I wont say I cant see your point or Bjørns for that matter but with no frame of reference making an advisor action is rather pointless but the therapeutic benefit for the involved player by giving him a feeling of doing something in regard to find out how far the province in question is from having an exconomic boom ;-)

"adviser action could give you a rough idea of how much remains (little, medium and lots)". To me litte is less than 10 seasons, medium is somewhere from 10-30 seasons and lots above 30 seasons. Am I completely off the mark or  ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:07:32 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
Thorsten I wont say I cant see your point or Bjørns for that matter but with no frame of reference making an advisor action is rather pointless but the therapeutic benefit for the involved player by giving him a feeling of doing something in regard to find out how far the province in question is from having an exconomic boom ;-)

"adviser action could give you a rough idea of how much remains (little, medium and lots)". To me litte is less than 10 seasons, medium is somewhere from 10-30 seasons and lots above 30 seasons. Am I completely off the mark or  ???

Little: Might increase in level within the span of the game - on its own (natural growth).
Medium: Might increase in level within the span of the game - with a siginifcant amount of help.
Lots: Nope, not going to grow over the course of THIS game.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
A pair of advisor actions, with help from an AA with an excellent Administration skill, told me Bellam was about halfway between a 5 and a 6.  It also told me Bellam probably wouldn't go to a 6 without certain conditions being me that would give a significant boost to its economy (steps that would make it more of a trade center for the region.  Annoying, difficult steps! ;)  ).  Since then, I've come up with one or two other ideas of my own to make the province special, which may push it further along that path.  I may perform Rule Province actions along with this work, but they'll be in the context of supporting the other work I'm doing.  All in all, it's a much nicer-feeling way to do it than "You have 45 GB of Rule Province left to do!", which I approve of.

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
A pair of advisor actions, with help from an AA with an excellent Administration skill, told me Bellam was about halfway between a 5 and a 6.  It also told me Bellam probably wouldn't go to a 6 without certain conditions being me that would give a significant boost to its economy (steps that would make it more of a trade center for the region.  Annoying, difficult steps! ;)  ).  Since then, I've come up with one or two other ideas of my own to make the province special, which may push it further along that path.  I may perform Rule Province actions along with this work, but they'll be in the context of supporting the other work I'm doing.  All in all, it's a much nicer-feeling way to do it than "You have 45 GB of Rule Province left to do!", which I approve of.

And that's what all this fun is about! Happy gaming Bobby :-)
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF