Author Topic: Announcement from Blacktower Castle  (Read 3018 times)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Announcement from Blacktower Castle
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »
An announcement has been read by the town crier of Proudglaive and spread all over the Heartlands, but mostly in the provinces of old Ghoere, by messengers and wandering bards

"Let it be known that his highborn Imperial Lordship, lord Arvour, by the grace of Haelyn and Cuiraecen baron of Roesone and Tornilen, etc. has issued a following decree:

It is the sacred duty of every conscientious ruler to protect his subjects from all earthly perils, from natural and unnatural creatures that lurk in the dark and prey upon Anuire. Since days immemorial the covenant of chivalry has been the bond that united ruler and swordsman of noble birth and divine blood, the legacy of our divine ancestors who first set foot on these shores we call home. As Haelyn the All-father was a knight himself, so am I a knight and proud of the traditions of out people and the martial legacy we are successors to and wish not that it vanishes from presence and memory. Long have I contemplated and come to the realization, nay, an inspiration, that one such powerful tradition that honed the skills of many a noble and courageous knight in the Heartlands, has been left to slowly wither and perish, a woeful act that I feel my duty to remedy or I would not be deserving of my knightly fame.

Thus I have decided to restore and resurrect the proud martial legacy of Iron, a name that rings with power, dedication and skill not only in the Heartlands, but in all Anuire. Once the Guard, now an Order, bound by unity and purpose under House Roesone. As the last commander of Iron men in the crusade against the dark prince, I call upon this legacy and hereby summon all willing, courageous and dedicated nobles, heirs to the legacy of Iron, to come to Proudglaive and join the Order of Iron, an order to continue and surpass the legacy of the Iron Guard, and become the foremost order of chivalry in Anuire."   
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen