Author Topic: Provinces & Holdings Turn #62  (Read 10444 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Provinces & Holdings Turn #62
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »
The P&H has been uploaded;

any comments/questions should go into this thread.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Re: Provinces & Holdings Turn #62
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
The lack of variable income rolls is INTENTIONAL, so don't ask  ;D
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
CoT tithes?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »
Jon? You have the tithe figures handy, or should I quickly calculate them? As we talked about - every temple paid what it was supposed to (no war tithes through).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »
To all players:

Look over the P&H and make sure that all incoming/outgoing GRANTS have made it.

AND

The same for actions like FINANCES.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
Jon? You have the tithe figures handy, or should I quickly calculate them? As we talked about - every temple paid what it was supposed to (no war tithes through).

Already answered by own question in the Conclave section :)

That leaves the question; have any PC temples by mistake or on purpose, not paid their tithe? If so, let me know ASAP.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »
Note to self: Add 24GB tribuet to KoH (from Conclave) & 40GB to Conclave (new entry under Heartlands/temples)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:25:38 PM by DM Bjørn »
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:01 PM »
I have a Rule Law in Elinie, Soileite, that was succesful, but is not reflected in the P&H v6. It should be RiD Law 2 now...  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 11:50:05 PM »
Hope's Demise have a note attached in their Prosperity Column of the P&H, it says "-1 Event, Dragon in Swamp", but it said this last turn too.

In addition, I had a succesful action to establish contact to the dragons emissaries... Which should be an attempt to alleviate the situation.

I think the -1 should be deleted, as you have not actually dropped Prosperity down from Guarded and taxation is a Heavy, so if the event was still active, the prosperity would drop.

Should there be a comment about the dragon's emissaries in the Status Report?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 11:59:15 PM »
It means that as long as the "Dragon in the swamp" isn't dealt with, a -1 prosperity will affect the province. Prosperity is calculated due to a wide variety of factors, taxes, blessing, law control, random events.

The modifier signifies that the people are scared out of their minds, some are leaving the province, others are spending their hard-worked for resources to arm themselves, leading to lower taxes collected. Etc. etc.

Deal with the dragon somehow and the modifier will go away. You'll be getting an updated secrets document by the way.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 12:11:29 AM »
Other notes on Elinie:

Hope's Demise, Tax is at Heavy and not all Law is owned. Prosperity should drop from Guarded to Unsteady, unless my vassal have agitated or something. (I told the fool to lower taxes, tsk tsk)

Chalsedon, Tax is at Heavy, all law is controlled, but province is not blessed as it was last turn, but prosperity is unchanged at Average. Either there is a mistake or al-Rasshad have agitated.

Osoeriene, Tax is Heavy, not all law is controlled, prosperity should drop to Unsteady - Unless the vassal have agitated.

Sendouras, Tax is Heavy, not all law is controlled thats a -1 Prosperity, but the province has been blessed, so thats a +1 prosperity. Province should be at Guarded (colored green), but its at Average (no color) - So again, vassal has agitated or there is a mistake, well the missing bless color is a mistake at minimum.

Soileite, Tax is Heavy (sigh), not all law was controlled last turn so -1 prosperity, but the province is now blessed so +1 prosperity... Everything looks correct here, so now I ask, is there an agitate action missing?  ::)

And on an IC note: "Rashid read the report one more time, not one of his vassals had taken action to protect the prosperity of the realm. Not one had heeded his orders that they lower their taxes. Instead they had performed expensive tricks of popularity that would only last in the here and now.

Disgusted, Rashid crumbled the piece of paper and tossed it toward the waste bucket. He missed."

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »
It means that as long as the "Dragon in the swamp" isn't dealt with, a -1 prosperity will affect the province. Prosperity is calculated due to a wide variety of factors, taxes, blessing, law control, random events.

The modifier signifies that the people are scared out of their minds, some are leaving the province, others are spending their hard-worked for resources to arm themselves, leading to lower taxes collected. Etc. etc.

Deal with the dragon somehow and the modifier will go away. You'll be getting an updated secrets document by the way.

Well, then the prosperity should be dropping... And it didn't. - And the Event should be clearly marked in the Secrets for last turn, which it was not... The dragon event began at turn 60,5 or even before. - Either the vassal is pumping agitate for all he is worth, or something is not right.

And the "hook" was that emissaries were there... Now I expect to see what they want. If there was meat on it, I would have liked to hear some kind of reply during the past season. Its not like the immediate solution to an ancient dragon in your swamp is to rush in to kill it...  ;D

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 12:53:40 AM »
Vassals will generally spend agitate actions to keep their provinces calm.

But keep these questions coming, it's always good to check up on the details.

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »
maybe a silly question

The column "Upkeep" represent how many GBs my domain has to pay in order to mantain his holdings, isn't it?

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 07:53:44 AM »

maybe a silly question

The column "Upkeep" represent how many GBs my domain has to pay in order to mantain his holdings, isn't it?

OoC:

Are you referring to Column AD in the South Coast worksheet?

The number found in the EOM cell (of that column) is supposed to equal the total number of EOM holding levels (and province levels, were the EOM to control any).  Take that number and refer to Table 4-6 in the Regent Guide, where you can find the appropriate and related maintenance cost.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:56:27 AM by Points East/EL (Brandon) »