Author Topic: Making your DO  (Read 9523 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Making your DO
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »
Remember that this is the very first start-and-learn-the-game turn. It doesn't have to be really good. The important thing is handing it in, and hopefully learning something in the process.

That is true - it is a long game and as a newbie I believe I have allready learnt a lot - some from veterans, some from getting DO back in my face from Jon and some just for the effort made by myself  :)

In your face! Yeah! Ah, the joys of learning. I kid you not... There were rules I didn't know after three years of play...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »
That's what I've been trying to say - don't try to get it all perfect the first time. Just make sure you hand in you DO and that it includes a few simple actions like rule, contest or agitate.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 06:51:36 PM »
Second: Remember to do the dirty work and fill out your province and holding list at the bottom of the DO. This also saves your DM's alot of times. AND remember to keep it updated each turn!

Isn't that what the P&H is for?!? I got about 30 holdings, and a matching 30 provinces with the holdings in. What purpouse does the players copying the spreadsheet (possibly erroneously) serve?

It saves the DM's the work of jumping incessantly back and forth between DO & P&H. Errors will always pop up, but if we aid one another, they can be kept to a minimum. Get to work!

Obviously I'm kidding to a certain extent. I want you to enter all your holdings from the start of the game, since it gives you a clear overview of the holdings and provinces you're dealing with -and helps give me an overview, since I'm not prone to jumping around the P&H.
 If you wish to keep them updated is really your own choice.

Ok, now that I've begun the arduous work of seeing whether your economies check out, I'm no longer in a kidding mood. For those of you who don't want to enter your provinces and holdings in your DO's, I demand that you at least enter the total no. of provinces and holdings, so I can see that your domain expense is correct.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »
I included the provinces and holdings relevant to my actions, but not my entire domain.  If it would help, I can go through some time tonight and put the complete set together, which you could then just copy into my DO.  Let me know.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 07:32:02 PM »
Nah, I just need you to enter the total (and keep it updated) so it's easy for me to see if your domain expense checks out.

Next turn is fine.

An Example expenses could be:

Domain:
4.0 (43) GB

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »
Well well, whatayaknow... There's actually a "domain upkeep" segment of the P&H.
 Looks like everything's covered then, never mind my former demand.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 08:16:43 PM »
The domain upkeep inclusion in the DO keeps it a complete package - adding the number of holding levels is easy, it was the 20-40 lines needed for each holding that would have been bound to go wrong.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded