Author Topic: Regent Guide v.3.5 draft 2.15  (Read 5606 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Regent Guide v.3.5 draft 2.15
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
The new version of the regent guide is now available (as doc and rar; a pdf version will be made one its done).

Chapter 1-5 have been updated.
Chapter 6 should be more or less accurate up to and inducing the Units section, but its not final.
Chapter 6-10 will be updated as time permits.

The doc is best viewed on a PC with the Bebris fonts installed; if you don't have them it might screw up my careful editing of pages...
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Re: Regent Guide v.3.5 draft 2.15
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »
Don't spend time reading the OLD changelog. There will (eventually) be a changelog for the new version as well.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 02:26:11 PM »
In Chapter 4 I've forgotten to update the table listing the various actions.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »
Page 73 example is wrong; it should read:

Example: The Baron of Roesone wishes to contest [guild, PCE] in the province of Caercas, Roesone. The baron has no guild holdings in the province, but he has a law holding AND he is the province ruler. He uses the most favorable rate available, which is 2RP/1GB.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
"You may take 10 on all contest actions, but you may only take 20 on contest taken as a regent action"

Does this apply to regent vs. realm or the previous rules where one could take regent AND character (whereby regent meant all those nifty personal modifiers?

Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
"You may take 10 on all contest actions, but you may only take 20 on contest taken as a regent action"

Does this apply to regent vs. realm or the previous rules where one could take regent AND character (whereby regent meant all those nifty personal modifiers?

Regent vs. realm; read the rules about taking 20. Taking 20 means using all 3 regent action. Cannot be combined with a realm action.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 03:12:49 PM »
Erata and blatant errors (I'll keep them coming as I stumble across them)

P. 97, hire help action

Modifiers: Court, Stability; Special – The above DDC assumes professional characters (experts and such); elite characters less and increases reduces the DDC by 5, while heroic characters are more rare and adds 10 to the DDC (if available at all).

Should be "elite characters increases the DDC by 5"

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
DDC modifiers
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »
It has (after far too long) occurred to me that there are some inconsistencies in the portrayal of DDC modifiers. It is noted that ‘DDC = base + modifier’, with Stability, Prosperity etc. providing a beneficial modifier as a negative number, and an unhelpful modifier as a positive number. For advantage, hardiness and some other misc modifiers a helpful bonus is portrayed as a positive number, contrary to the ‘convention’ established.

While the application of some common sense should generally clarify how modifiers should be applied, it might be worth ensuring some consistency in how modifier is written down.

I think part of the confusion comes from the D20 convention of always portraying beneficial modifiers as positive number, and apply them to the character’s own roll. With the modifiers being applied to the difficulty level instead, the bonuses should either consistently be a negative number, or change it so the calc is ‘DDC = base – modifier’, thus keeping happy bonuses as positive numbers.

I’ll go back to my pedantic little corner now.  :-[
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."