Author Topic: Realm Spell: Consacrate Minor or Major Relic  (Read 4054 times)

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
Realm Spell: Consacrate Minor or Major Relic
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
I've read the description of the two twins spells.

Nice but what is the advantage of having a relic?

Yea, I know it's important for a faith to have relics and so on, but ho does it reflect in game's mechanics?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Realm Spell: Consacrate Minor or Major Relic
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »
It doesn't. As written the spell is useless and will be removed from the update of the RG; unless I get very creative.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
I could imagine some domain having it as part of a minor agenda to create a relic or something. Or it could be cast at a suitable time as deemed necessary by the roleplaying aspect of some ongoing adventure. And perhaps net the player a reward of some sort.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »
Something like that was the intention of the spell - but it needs to be clarified a bit before ti becomes useful.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »
Successfully creating a relic could have all sorts of little benefits, bonus stability, bonus regency, perhaps a bonus to the bloodline...
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 07:53:41 AM »
Successfully creating a relic could have all sorts of little benefits, bonus stability, bonus regency, perhaps a bonus to the bloodline...

I agree...maybe the creation of a relic could boost followers' faith...with a relic in a province a regent priest could augment his incomes from his temple holdings..

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »
All of this good ideas, but for the spell to be usefull it needs to have defined effects.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 05:20:40 PM »
Suggestions.

"The creation of minor relic causes the income generated from the associated faith's temple holding in the province the relic is placed to generate additional income as though 1 holding is one level higher."

"The creation of a major relic causes both the income generated from the associated faith's temple holding in the province the relic is placed to generate additional income and the requirements for casting of realm spells as though 1 holding is one level higher than it's actual score."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:25:14 PM by Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt) »
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
Or,

"The holding in which the relic is held and displayed for the faithful produces additional regency and the province within it is blessed on the saints day; if the relic should ever be lost or stolen and not returned within a season the holding generates no regency for a year, the land suffers -1 prosperity for a similar time, and the temple regents suffers a minor loss of regency"

at a cost of 1 GB + 20 RP that's about equivalent to 1.5 times the income the province receives from the bless so maybe a bit cheap (the rp gain is probably useless as it is capped by bloodline). 

The L8 version at 3* the cost could have the blessing for longer - but the loss if the relic was stolen would similarly be greater - say -2 prosperity, a major loss of regency for the temple master, and vulnerability of the holding to contest actions.

I expect that if the relic is guarded by a priest other than the regent, it would probably invite delusions of grandeur by the guardian a.k.a. Mr Great Captain.

I note however that effort in writing L6 and L8 spells is somewhat less well placed in a game with regents topping out at L14 or so than writing lower level spells.  May I suggest blessed land - converts the mebhaighl of the land which is otherwise wasted into a continual bless spell? Haelyn's shield - neutralises arcane magic in the realm to free the people from fear of elves and suchlike?  And of course the ever popular purify mage;D
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded