Author Topic: The Valley - NPCs  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Torele Anviras/TA (Niels)

• Xenophobia GM
  • Saint
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 3
  • Mage of Talinie
The Valley - NPCs
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
This post will contain a directory of the NPCs of The Valley.

It will be updated as NPCs are introduced.

Elder Council
There are around 50 Elders on the Council. Any person above the age of thirty is deemed a Senior and is eligible to be named Elder.

Mbose - In his fifties, legendary strategist and engineer.

Kathrin - In her late thirties, renowned political creature. Merciless.
 - Mother of Laurel

Rhett - Ranger in his thirties, interprets "retirement" as freedom to do what he wants.

Seniors
Anyone who survives to the age of thirty is considered a Senior and is not obliged to participate in war. Their knowledge and expertise makes them prized experts in their fields of work and they are not risked lightly.

Surviving to Senior also comes with the privilege to father (note gender bias) a child.

There are about 180 Seniors in the village.

Champions
Champion is the highest military rank. It is earned through merit in the wars, and with it comes a set of privileges.

Militia
Everyone between the ages of 18 and 30 are mandatory members of the Militia and are obligated to fight in the wars. - There are approximately 1.700 members of the Militia.

Only a few people are full time soldiering, performing police and security duties while the wall is closed.

Auxiliaries
Young men and women from the ages of 13 to 17 are inducted into the auxiliaries to receive basic training in martial combat. In times of war, the auxiliaries do not confront the enemy except in the most dire circumstances. Untrained and young, they are the future of the village and are not squandered.

There are 2.000 Auxiliary Youths.

Children
From age 0 to 12 you are considered a child. Children are divided into creches by birth year and schooled together as a group. Most people consider their creche mates their true family and closest friends, biological mother and father are simply not part of their lives. - There are 6.100 children in the village.

Citizens
In the Valley you are considered a citizen by age 13. Each year 14% of the female citizens bear a child. Couplings are controlled by the Council. The selection process is a closely guarded secret. While unrelenting and heartless, it is not visibly corrupt.

Lisa - Apprentice Weaver
- Has an unsanctioned affair with Jack.

Laurel
 - Daughter of an Elder. Biological parents are public knowledge, and if renowned enough, their children are looked to with high expectations. For good and bad.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:02:33 PM by Torele Anviras/TA(Niels) »

• Xenophobia GM
  • Saint
  • Sovereign
  • Mage of Talinie
Elder Mbose
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »
Elder Mbose is darkskinned and in his early fifties. He is easily one of the oldest people in the village. He performed outstandingly in the wars of his youth, earning the right to father several offspring and over his senior years he has become known as a progressive among the Elders.

He is known to be an excellent strategist and engineer, serving the village excellently in his senior years as well. After joining the ranks of the Elders, his hand in day to day affairs is nearly invisible. Since most of his exploits are now decades in the past, stories of them are taking on the tone of legend.

Strength: 1
Endurance: 2
Smarts: 3
Learning: 3
Beauty: 0

• Xenophobia GM
  • Saint
  • Sovereign
  • Mage of Talinie
Lisa the Apprentice Weaver
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »
Lisa likes bright patterns and birds. Her deft fingers and creative mind has secured her a position as an apprentice weaver. When she is not making cloth, she indulges herself in making beautiful patterns of birds with wings of rainbows.

Has an unsanctioned affair with Jack.

Strength: 1
Endurance: 2
Smarts: 2
Learning: 1
Beauty: 3

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
Re: The Valley - NPCs
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »
Laurel Genest   
Laurel is the daughter of the Elder Lucille Genest, and is generally aknowledged as the prettiest girl in the whole village - and she knows it.   

Attributes   
Strength:   1
Endurance:   0
Smarts:   2
Learning:   2
Beauty:   4
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »
Al Frozane (Scout)   
Al is the muscle of his scout team. Big, dumb, and ugly is the best way to describe him, but he is fiercely loyal to his teammates, and very protective of them, especially carol, who, though he flirts with her constantly, he views more as a sister than as a potential mate.   

Attributes   
Strength:   3
Endurance:   3
Smarts:   1
Learning:   1
Beauty:   1
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:35:14 PM »
Ivan Jones (Scout)
Quiet and contemplative, Ivan is one of the best shoots in the whole village, and the elders foresee a great future for him, but he has no ambition beyond being a scout.   

Attributes   
Strength:   2
Endurance:   2
Smarts:   3

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
Carol Maud (Scout)
Carol, the orphaned granddaughter of the chief ranger is an enthusiastic, if not overly bright young scout. Those who have not had the chance to see her skill in a fight or her bravery often assume that she owes her advancement to her family connection, something she greatly resents.   

Attributes   
Smarts:   1
Beauty:   3

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »
Christine Coonts (Elder)
Christine is among the youngest of the Elders, she achieved that exaltec status through sheer brilliance in combat. Christine is quite simply the best warrior in the valley.   

Attributes   
Beauty:   2

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »
Danny Marier (Elder)
Danny is a dashing commander of some skill. His looks and charisma lend themselves well to his role as the one primarily responsible for the training and indoctrinating of the young fighters.   

Attributes   
Beauty:   3

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 10:38:32 PM »
Garth Hudson (Elder)
Garth is a jovial giant of a man, and would have been happt to have spent his life in the fields where his great strength and boundless endurance served him well. And though he resents having been called to serve as an Elder, he takes his role very seriously   

Attributes   
Strength:   4

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »
Harold Maud (Elder)
Harold is the Chief Ranger and is one of the older of the Elders, pushing 70 now.  Thin, wiry, and brilliant, though he has wasted physically in his old age, he is still the match for most people young enough to be his grandchildren, which jints at the massive strength for which he was known in his youth.   

Attributes   
Learning:   3
Beauty:   2

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »
Jason Willis (Ranger)
Jason is one of the middle ranking Rangers, he looks much like an older version of his son Sandy with thinner hair. He is inordinately proud of his son having made it into the scouts, and boasts about him to anybody who will listen, and even those who would rather not. Like father like Son is his catch phrase, so to speak.   

Attributes   
Learning:   0

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »
Lucille Genest   (Elder)
Lucille is a warrior through and through, not only is she a fearsome fighter, she is a brilliant leader as well.   

Attributes   

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 10:42:15 PM »
Rose Anderson    (Teacher)
Rose is Sandy's mother, she works in the junior school, teaching  botany and herbology.   

Attributes   
Strength:   1
Learning:   3