Author Topic: Agitate  (Read 8876 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Agitate
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:31:28 AM »
Yo!

Agitate, says:
When using agitate as a realm action the DDC increases by 1 per province affected. The increase in DDC applies equally to all affected provinces.

page 83 of the regent guide 3,5

My question:
Did it mean to say +1 per "additional" province affected? - Or does it really mean that adding 1 more province as a Realm action costs 5 more GB?
- 1 GB the obligatory court action pr. extra realm action part.
- 2 GB to offset +2 DDC on the original province
- 2 GB to offset the +2 DDC for the extra province

If its meant as a way to say "effectively Agitate is not meant to be used as a Realm action" its quite effective. But if its a typo, I'd be happy this turn.

Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
Re: Agitate
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:48:35 AM »
Realm action Agitate is quite good for provinces where A) the prosperity is neither good nor bad, B) you own sufficient holdings to get full Advantage, and C) no one will oppose you with Hardiness or Influence.  It's entirely possible to Take 10 with two or three provinces at once, if they're appropriate.

Elinie isn't overly appropriate right now, unfortunately.  Repairing that prosperity damage is going to take real effort.  Such is the cost of an unsuccessful war.

Offline X-EOM/SS (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »
The cost increases seem a tad steep though.

An extra (equivalent) 5 GB for moving from 1 -> 2 provinces.

It would be an extra 9 GB to move from 2 -> 3 provinces.

An additional 11 GB to move from 3 -> 4 provinces.

Sort of makes a mockery of one of the temple regents standby threats against someone who is disrespectful of the faith, can't really afford to whip the faithful into a righteous frenzy at those costs.
High Priestess Sarae Somellin
Servant of Eloéle the Mistress of Darkness & Sister of Thieves

Things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 03:01:41 AM »
My point is that it's useful as a Realm action mainly if you have a large margin of success already.  Once you get into spending GB to try and succeed, you shouldn't be doing more Realm aspects - use another action.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:32:50 AM »
+1 DDC for EACH province affected --> NOT for each EXTRA province affected

Same as for ALL realm actions
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:20:38 AM »
Yes, I worked with that. Looks like we will have a proper party anyway, had to split up into actions, but still had some provinces that could be "realm agitated" due to nice juicy bonuses.

Tonight I'll be doing AA actions, might improve the odds further for one particular province.

Thanks guys!
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
Yes, I worked with that. Looks like we will have a proper party anyway, had to split up into actions, but still had some provinces that could be "realm agitated" due to nice juicy bonuses.

Tonight I'll be doing AA actions, might improve the odds further for one particular province.

Thanks guys!

Which proves that the system works as intended...exactly the kind of result I was going for.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

Thanks guys!

Which proves that the system works as intended...exactly the kind of result I was going for.

Yes, yes. *grumble, grumble*  ;D

Looking at it now, we really have alot of different "types" of actions.

If Advantage is allowed, that a huge modifier, making the DDC's a whole different ball game.

If Court is in it, then it also receives a modifier, albeit not as big (usually) but which, under the proper circumstances can be boosted significantly.

If Prosperity is in it, then having a mess on your hands is a real darn mess. Huge penalties possible here. Combined with Advantage though, it evens out. However, woe the province that is stripped bare of 50% of all holdings and cast into rebellion.

Some realm actions are not touched by Prosperity, when they affect the whole realm. In a few cases, this can be used to ones advantage, if the realm is hit hard by prosperity drops.

So many numbers to crunch. Yum, yum.  :)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
v2.5+ of the DO template will have more support for number-crunching DDC/DAC. Should help a lot.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 03:42:54 PM »
If Prosperity is in it, then having a mess on your hands is a real darn mess. Huge penalties possible here. Combined with Advantage though, it evens out. However, woe the province that is stripped bare of 50% of all holdings and cast into rebellion.

Yeah... after the war in the last game, Bellam's prosperity had been hammered down to Rebellious.  Getting it back to functionality was a horrendous task, and that was with just one province.  But when you think about it, it SHOULD be.  It just sucks to be the guy who has to do it.

So yeah - you have my sympathies.   ;)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:55:44 PM »
The intention is that if your province becomes Rebellious it should be very difficult to get Prosperity back up. You need to make a REAL effort to get it up to a level that doesn't penalize your prosperity and then work on it some more.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
+1 DDC for EACH province affected --> NOT for each EXTRA province affected

Same as for ALL realm actions

Sorry to be thick, but:

(A)
2 provinces affected - +2 to the DDC of both actions?
3 provinces affected - +3 to the DDC of all three actions?
4 provinces affected - +4 to the DDC of all four actions?

or

(B)
2 provinces affected - +1 to the DDC of both actions?
3 provinces affected - +1 to the DDC of all three actions?

or
(C)
2 provinces affected - +2 to the DDC of province 2?
3 provinces affected - +2 to the DDC of province 2, +3 to the DDC of province 3?
etc

I'd figured (A) so never really bothered with multiple province actions.

Hmm, very aware of the morale issues, Morcosoer is a mess.  I recommend asking your friendly priest regent to agitate the round before you do anything in a low morale province, it raises morale a level automatically.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »
A
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »

Hmm, very aware of the morale issues, Morcosoer is a mess.  I recommend asking your friendly priest regent to agitate the round before you do anything in a low morale province, it raises morale a level automatically.

Wut? - Automatic success?

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:06:01 AM »
Thought A, this is RoE...

Niels:  Bless the Holy Land causes a 1-season uplift in province level AND province morale.

Find someone who can cast Celestial blessing (and can afford to do so) and get +2 to level and morale.

A way of misleading someone regarding your intentions as a priest, is to bless a random province to imply that you intend to carryout an action in the province the next season...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded