Author Topic: Gaining law support from others vasals  (Read 4368 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Gaining law support from others vasals
« on: March 21, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »
How do I do that? I assumed that having a treaty with a sovereign assured I got law support from his vasals as well.

apperantly not so.

Possible solutions:
1)Shall the liege-lord instuct the vasal in question one time and thats it (diplomacy Liege-lord vasal)

2)Make seperate diplomacy supported by decree from the liegelord?

3)Treaty with liege-lord, then liege-lord enforce the vasals, who in turn make a treaty corrosponding the treaty their liege-lord have made.

I assume one automatically gets support from ones vasals if asked in dispatch - is that correct? Can a liege-lord order his vasal per dispatch to give law-support to a domain the liegelord himself allready have a treaty in place that make the liegelord give law support?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Gaining law support from others vasals
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
Advantage cannot be granted by Dispatch. - I assumed that it could, and that caused a number of misunderstandings. Vassals, in basic mode, are not required or even Able to offer Advantage to their liege, unless this is specified in your domain secrets.

The basic vassal treaty that is default, is just the agreement to pay gold and rp, no more.

I've used method 2 with my own vassals, simply developing a more explicit treaty that clearly defines that I gain full holding advantage. (that means I'm allowed to use their holdings, as were they mine)

And in at least one of my other diplomacy treaties, I've allowed the other part to contact my vassals directly, offering a treaty that I have the right to approve/veto.

And finally, I have a treaty where I am to get the vassals ratification on behalf on the third party...

So, its really flexible, as I can imagine it should be. But the main rule is that diplomacy is required to create the basis.

I've used Decree to add "friends" in some treaties, in which case a "friend" is recognised once both treaty partners has spent a Decree action to ratify the "friend" to not receive Hardness.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.