Author Topic: Do format screwup  (Read 3619 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Do format screwup
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »
Hi,

Some of you may find that the returned DOs have had some or all tables slightly corrupted. Seems OO and Word 2003 are not always best friends. So try opening them with OO if they are really messed up.

Since I'll make a NEW DO template for turn 65 I'm not making any attempts to fix the broken DOs (since you'll have to transfer over to the new template anyway). The now template will be create using OO, but made available in both OO and Word formats.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: Do format screwup
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
How is the new DO format doing?  I admit interest as one of the few to enter the format competition, albeit with a sheet with masses of linked cells.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »
How is the new DO format doing?  I admit interest as one of the few to enter the format competition, albeit with a sheet with masses of linked cells.

Once I actually get it done those that have contributed will receive their due...

I'm looking at a spreadsheet-type DO ATM. Primarily because it will make filling out the DO AND calculating everything SOOO much easier.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 12:27:11 AM »
I got stuck trying to do a rules-calculator on the second page, but the spreadsheet DO was simple enough - whether you want to be able to paste in rows from the P&H for each action (the reason for all my merged cells) is another question - does it add much?  It makes editing in/out columns a pain.

Happy to help out although the more techie formulae should probably be left to someone else.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded