Poll

Which is better, my Galaxy S II or Matt's iPhony?

Definitely your Galaxy!
2 (33.3%)
Galaxy, hands down.
0 (0%)
iPhone? That is SO last decade!
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Which is better, my Galaxy S II or Matt's iPhony?  (Read 5748 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Which is better, my Galaxy S II or Matt's iPhony?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
But I HAVE the Galaxy S II...which is lighting fast and very smoothly stable. No point ranting about models past...or I'll start comparing the iPhone 1 :)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »
You don't even have to go back that far to find that iPhones don't have disk mode. 32GB flash storage, but not able to copy a file to it while connected to your computer?!?  :o
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
So I used to work in this field. It might show in places.

Okay, the problem with Android.

The phones are not upto it - Most phones running android cannot. They crash, they stutter, they are unresponsive to use command. They suck. They simply do not have the power to handle the OS, same problem that windows mobiles used to have. The constant improvements in the OS create a continually changing target for the requirements too, leaving hardware constantly struggling to chase software.

- My iPhone 4 takes time to “think” now and then too. Apps routinely crash. I have not had an Android yet, but if it is much worse I would have heard more people complain.

The phones are too variable - A major issue is that the hardware is SO variable. The Galaxy S II is a good phone, having learnt from the travesty of the previous model, but the difference in user experience between the various devices leaves so many users struggling to follow a consistent journey in the use of their handset. Bad, bad, bad.

- I agree, but that does not mean that there are Android phones who offer a good user experience. It just makes them harder to find in the mass of options.

Google is not good - I loved google. They swore to "do no evil". They have betrayed their roots. I still love lots of their products; google mail, docs, plus, etc., but most of their EULA's and T&C's are just as bad as anyone elses in the business. Yes their business model is about "open source" and the such like but that is because what they sell is your data, who you are, what you do and how you do it. Hidden nasty. Iron fist in velvet glove.

- Google does not sell “You”, they sell anonymous statistical data. If they have access to more, you your self have explicitly checked off that they may collect that. Check your “Dashboard”.

The only thing I can take from your post is that you do not like Android or even Google... Duly noted. But if, by your own words, Google is “as bad” and not “worse”, then where is there left to go but Google, when I feel Apple is distinctly “worse” and that MS’s option is just flat out behind on points. :-)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.