Author Topic: Grant Promotion  (Read 4775 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Grant Promotion
« on: January 04, 2009, 01:34:11 AM »
I have a henchman. The last sentence of his description is: "..the High Prefect's personal assistant."

I wonder if that mean he has status as in granted by promotion Squire/aide/apprentice? Meaning he allready have status as aide and thus get 1 free training action per season (still maximum 3 actions though)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
Re: Aide
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:39 AM »

OoC:

If I am not mistaken, an aide, in the context of granted positions, is the inferior of two able assistants, both of whom have been granted the same administrative position.

Edit:  I think that (the above content in) this post can be ignored.  See Reply #9 (Re: Aide), below.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:34:49 AM by X-Points East »

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
Re: Grant Promotion
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:31:09 AM »
When assigning two Administrative positions to the same assistant, are two separate Grant actions required?

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:25:08 AM »

OoC:

If I am not mistaken, an aide, in the context of granted positions, is the inferior of two able assistants, both of whom have been granted the same administrative position.

I mean aide in the same context as squire, aide or apprentice as per page 100 under Title/position.
aide in this meaning is a title that grant you a free training each round though still with the total maximum of 3 actions a character.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:15:20 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »
When assigning two Administrative positions to the same assistant, are two separate Grant actions required?

Yes

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
I have a henchman. The last sentence of his description is: "..the High Prefect's personal assistant."

I wonder if that mean he has status as in granted by promotion Squire/aide/apprentice? Meaning he allready have status as aide and thus get 1 free training action per season (still maximum 3 actions though)

No, but since he's a henchman he's able to commit 1 character action of any type for your cause (even admin).

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 01:02:00 AM »
Strike "character action of any type for your cause". Brandon pointed the following out to me:

"Before a character (except regents, which are exempt from this rule) can act as an administrator, you must use the decree: grant domain action to give him the position. If you don’t do this, the character lacks the formal authority required, and his administration check automatically fails."

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 02:37:21 AM »
Hmm, I thought LTs were exempt for this as well.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 07:30:59 PM »
I think LTs can use a ply-trade action: administration even if they don't have the office.  It would seem that since they are suppose to speak with the voice of the particular regent and whatnot, they this should be within their realm of capabilities.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 09:38:21 AM »

OoC:

OoC:

The Regent Guide does state, "It is possible to grant the position to a second character, in which case the later one becomes the aide".  And I may or may not have based my above post on that Regent Guide quotation, at least in part.  However, based on content in the following posts . . .

Re: Administration & Re: Administration & Re: Administration

. . . I think that my above post can be ignored.  And perhaps the Regent Guide quotation could be amended?

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:45:50 AM by X-Points East »