Author Topic: Domain wish list  (Read 34674 times)

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
Re: Domain wish list
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 07:37:03 PM »
I mentioned this in the OOC post, but for the sake of organization I'll mention it here as well:
The two domains I'd be interested in are Mhoried and Aerenwe, if those haven't already been earmarked.
The gist I get is that Mhoried  had a pretty eventful history the last time out, so naturally I'd understand if the veteran wanted first dibs.
I vaguely remember something about the Wardens, are they a modification from the original setting? How does their vassalge work?
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »
They're new, an idea of Bjorn's, I believe.  They acted as allies to High Mage Aelies until his extremely unfortunate disappearance from play.  They're vassals to Aerenwe and basically own all the holdings in the Erebannien (such as those are) - they're not exactly servants of the crown, since they have their own agenda and not much interest in matters beyond the bounds of the woods, but are pretty loyal to the kingdom, since it protects their interests. 

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »
Hi Tighmaevril,

Mhoried basically fell apart after the last male heir to the Mhor line died. In the aftermath the nation was ridden by a council of nobles and the HA who couldn't agree on anything. A pretender named Daen Wyld arose and stormed through most of the country using extremely experienced veterans from the war against the Gorgon (mercs basically), cutting the nation in half and taking Shieldhaven.

Only due to the intervention of the Haelynic temples (HA, IHH & OIT), the ETN, the MOC and the KoH was Mhoried saved from this pretender and his ally the Warlock. And at the end of the day only a very young Kavarra (20 years by the start of present campaign I think) and an older scheming Maricoere was alive. But Kavarra got Dieman support in de facto claiming the throne - and noone wanted the HA to make the nation into a theocracy (apart from the IHH, crazy buggers  ;D)

Anyway, long story short. This actually portrays the player situation in Mhoried. The HA was played actively by Robert, Regien shifted between two players and Kavarra was played by an inactive player. So ruling Mhoried is actually a pretty open book. Noone can claim to know better than others where the Kavarra familly would steer the wartorn nation.

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 1
For DM Jon
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
As long as you aren't too adverse, hearing about the Sword Mage/Tornilen, Regien, the realm Osoerde and Bellam would be fun.

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »

Mhoried basically fell apart after the last male heir to the Mhor line died. In the aftermath the nation was ridden by a council of nobles and the HA who couldn't agree on anything.

noone wanted the HA to make the nation into a theocracy (apart from the IHH, crazy buggers  ;D)

Far be it for me to disagree with the almighty DM, but if I may insert a small correction here, for the sake of clarity ;)

The nobles themselves could not agree on anything, HA could only remain as a neutral observer in their squabbles. As for the theocracy, that was never the plan. Before Kavarra acquired the throne in the interim between the two RoE games, HA's suggestion was to form a temporary stewardship until the nobles manage to agree on the rightful claimant. That was right after the civil war and there was danger that the nobles would continue the fight.

:)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »
It should be noted that the HA - reluctantly - invested Kavarra as Mhor, but that the new Mhor has yet to reclaim the lost Crown of Mhoried.
DM Bjørn

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »
If not for obvious advantages this Aegis temple would benefit from that seems awfully altruistic of you. They appear to all outside observers as benevolent, like a guiding mother whose justice is unquestionable. The people would support your suggestion in the name of stability and the nobles would seem petty.

Naturally you knew the nobles would never agree on anything and in the end Haelyn's Aegis would be favoured either way. A theocracy by any other name..?

Do as the romans do, you monster.  8)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »
hmm.... sounds like what Regien would say  ;D
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »
Hi Kurenai

I'll be glad to oblige. The best person to ask about Bellam would be Bobby. However I'll chip in what little I know.

Here goes:

For Eastern Anuire one thing held true over the last 15 years. All that had gone before would undergo a period of such massive change that present day's residents would scarcely be able to remember the awesome power behind a name like Ghoere and the Duke Gavin Tael. His legacy simply vanished, torn apart by blindness. He had gambled on his ability to control his lessers in an iron fist, but was caught unaware, paralyzed and stabbed multiple times by his loyal lieutenants and newfound ally. The Sword Mage lord of Tornilen, Ghorien Hiriele lord of Ghieste and Jaison Raenech usurper of Osoerde.

Ghoere was no more. His lands were split and swiftly divided between the three.

The Swordmage sat astray Tornilen, brooding in darkness over this foul deed, but receiving no reproach from a temple of Cuiraecenites that was in the process of swift disintegration, the Swordmage decided to conserve power and wait out the conflict that soon tore the eastern world apart. Under the Swordmage's enigmatic rule, not one invasion ever crossed Tornilen's border and but priests of Haelyn decried this wizard as an enemy, all else let the Swordmage live in guarded peace. Why bother someone of such possible treachery?

Untill one day a holy pact was made, a band of heroes set off for the icy reaches of deepest Five Peaks. There to fight, once and for all, the terrible entity the Eyeless One, scourge of northern Tuornen and Alamie. The Swordmage was one of them and there she revealed her true identity and took her place as a member of Anuire, perhaps not well-respected, but respected nonetheless. Her alliance with the shining hope of mankind, Pontiff-Cardinal Gielbert Aurlien, the path to her redemption in public eyes. Unfortunately, her redemption came at the price of his abdication. But that is another story.

This tale had a not uncertain impact on the Swordmage's northerly wizardly neighbour, Regien. He was intrinsically connected to the land and well-being of his nation. Thus to see it torn apart in strife and bloody mayhem, cast a terrible curse on the elusive wizard. But a secret he discovered. Some new terrible power had marched alongside Daen Wyld into Mhoried, hoping that the usurpers sword and shield would provide cover for his wrestling of Mhoried's sources away from Regien. It was the Warlock, a man of evil and singular purpose. Driven on by dreams of ever greater power, he engineered the bloodbath that was Mhoried.
 Only the brotherhood of temples were strong enough to stop Wyld and Warlock in their tracks, and on their side fought Regien, some say even unto death and miraculous resurrection! Nonetheless Regien was a shadow of himself, accursed poison running through his veins, a dark purpose drawing him ever closer towards darkness, despair and the blood thereof. The Warlock had brought with him Azrai's curse and let it fall heavy and hard upon Regien.
 It is said that Pontiff-Cardinal Gielbert Aurlien cured Regien. It is certainly known that Pontiff-Cardinal Gielbert Aurlien engineered an alliance most strange and unnatural, indeed foul and evil to many. An alliance that ensured victory against the Eyeless One, as he gave the charge of Protector of the Five Peaks to the Warlock. And ensuring this nasty entity vacated Mhoried, never to return. Not many wept when Pontiff-Cardinal Gielbert Aurlien abdicated his throne. He was considered a man who had walked too close to the gates of Shadow. But that is another story.

Regien's current fate is unknown. He is alive most certainly and actively working for the restoration of Mhoried. It is not known if he has succumbed to the curse, for he is a reclusive being, shunned by even his own for his strange and some say evil ways. Regien cares not, he is gifted with higher purpose.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:34:09 PM by DM Jon »

Offline X-Ilien & PCE

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
  • Ex-Ilien & PCE
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
i realized i never wrote my wishes here. so here they are, in order of preference: iron rider, sword mage, regien, mhoried, aerenwe.
Formerly
Geraldine el-Mesir
Countess of Ilien
Guildmistress of the PCE

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 09:34:19 PM »
Oh, I like your narration very much. For the sake of perhaps older generations than my own (I don’t even know if quantifying that still counts); what is the history near Osoerde, Ghieste & HOT?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 09:44:59 PM »
Thx, Bellam and Osoerde were outside of my playing field, so I'm not "in the know", so to speak, of their more secret dealings. But I'll write something tomorrow perhaps. It's a long and bloody story of war, despair and constant betrayal. As only RoE can provide  ;D

Ghieste is a shorter tale. Ghorien Hiriele styled himself a Duke and set about expanding his guild and corrupting the MOC. He made enemies of most everyone else, and was prevented from joining Diemed as a vassal by the OIT. Basically everyone thinks he's a lowborn guilder, a murderer, a thief and a breaker of oaths. He's certainly played the winds of war unlike anyone else, but Ghieste didn't exactly escape the great war between Diemed and Osoerde unscathed...

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 09:52:09 PM »
Are you aware of Diemed and Coeranys..?

I'm reading you for all you're worth, as long as you don't literally write my ears off O-scrawl.

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 12:11:30 AM »
Thank you Jon, your history was certainly helpful, and well-told as well!
To make things even nicer, as I'm reading of the Tragedy of Regien, "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay was playing in the background. The music and lyrics of the song seemed nicely matched to the fates of both Regien and the Pontiff-Cardinal.
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline Kurenai

• Lurkers
  • Freeman
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »
I'm glad that you, unlike myself, managed to show how grateful you were.  :-[