Author Topic: Damage and recovery  (Read 3730 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Damage and recovery
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
I've written out some more extensive rules for damage and recovery. Its fairly complicated, but also streamlined and intuitive. Ideally it should allow us to portray a wide variety of hardship for units.

They include:

- lethal damage --> deaths or permanent injury, recovers by replacement
- nonlethal damage --> injuries and such that can be cured by rest, recovers fairly fast
- fatigue --> applicable during battles and some other situations, recovers really quickly

The rules will also include rules for combing damaged units (into less damaged units).

If anyone has any original ideas or input, now is the time (or feel free to comment later when I've posted the rules)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: Damage and recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
What is the impact of priestly cure spells?  Does it just cure lethal damage, or does it have a knock on effect on the other two?

I presume you have different heal rates for:
1. Garrisoned in a nice cosy castle
2. Garrisoned in field tents (standard)
3. Active patrols within a province
4. Travel
5. Ongoing combat

I'm figuring that you would get minimal healing of lethal damage with 3 (the worst wounded stay at camp while the healthier members keep patrol), no healing of lethal with 4 and slow recovery of non-lethal, and 5 is likely to transfer non-lethal into lethal...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Damage and recovery
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »
What is the impact of priestly cure spells?  Does it just cure lethal damage, or does it have a knock on effect on the other two?

I've been asking myself similar questions ever since reading Bjørns above post. I think I like the rule but I would like to know how cure works with those rules
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn